Administrator

Default The NEW and IMPROVED RD.net

Hey guys I know you have not seen much of me since in the last several months as we have been working 18+ hours a day with the development of the new RadarBusters site.

First I want to thank everyone for working so hard on updating and improving the forum while I was doing that.

We still have a lot more work to do on both fronts and I'm excited about the challenges before us.

Now let me address some of my goals for RD.net

My #1 Goal is simple, to make it once again a fun place to hang out with like minded people that enjoy our hobby.

Because many of the rules will change, hopefully for the betterment of our community.

A few things I'm considering are as follows:

1 - Having a swap area on the forum where you can sell/swap your detectors, jammers whatever with other forum members
    2 - An installer area where we will list 12+ Install Shops
    3 - Several "private" forum members only area

Now to do this all I will need your help and most importantly your input.

1 - What do you like or dislike about this forum.
    2 - What can we do better
    3 - What have we really screwed up on

If you don't feel comfortable posting them public, send them to me privately
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Default Re: The NEW and IMPROVED RD.net

Sorry about taking so long to respond to this I have had an amazing time reading all the threads here, still have a lot of catching up to do. This place is like the Jedi archives for CMs.

1. I like the history and its senior members, lots of connections. This place should be the Axiom of the CM industry there is nothing that has been said about CM's that hasnt been said here before. I like the admins and mods I know Veil Guy is a good guy same with BrownOut, Radarnut and you too Roy.

2. I dislike the word "banned" being mentioned so often in the rules a lot "dont ask" "dont question us" attitude that just doesnt build transparency. It needs to be re written same as with the punishments no one deserves to be strike down because of one mistake.

3. I honestly think the CM market is too soft to support so many forums but if you want people to really participate again your gonna have to do a post contest, thats the only way to bring people back. Just about everyone is rocking a V1 or Redline so a Max2 or passport as well as maybe a jammer or two are gonna have to be offered to get people in it, maybe you have gift certificates for international members.

4. LEO's: This one is touchy some people think that they should be a part of the community and some are vehemently against it. With recent events the police are like us now and have to go underground. The only people looking after cops are cops nowadays, so I have to side with the against people. Police have forums too that are locked against the general public, if the testing groups need em for firmware and update connections thats fine but thats where it ends.

5. I dont think people hate this place I just think they were hurt by what it became and someone should take responsibility for it. Thats where you come in Roy I still think you owe people an explanation of why things imploded like they did and a pledge to support the whole community now. If you have anything to say to individual members do it now its time to put the past with the past. I would also like you to participate in some of the other forums as well Roy, take cues from VG he's all over the place any question asked about Veil from any forum and hes all over it.

6. No rules on JTG clowns that were all over the place here, I cant believe the vids I have seen on here with people doing this and laughing.

well thats my 2 cents back to the archives for me later guys.
    Last edited by oddpedestrian; 12-20-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by oddpedestrian View Post
    Sorry about taking so long to respond to this I have had an amazing time reading all the threads here, still have a lot of catching up to do. This place is like the Jedi archives for CMs.

1. I like the history and its senior members, lots of connections. This place should be the Axiom of the CM industry there is nothing that has been said about CM's that hasnt been said here before. I like the admins and mods I know Veil Guy is a good guy same with BrownOut, Radarnut and you too Roy.

2. I dislike the word "banned" being mentioned so often in the rules a lot "dont ask" "dont question us" attitude that just doesnt build transparency. It needs to be re written same as with the punishments no one deserves to be strike down because of one mistake.

3. I honestly think the CM market is too soft to support so many forums but if you want people to really participate again your gonna have to do a post contest, thats the only way to bring people back. Just about everyone is rocking a V1 or Redline so a Max2 or passport as well as maybe a jammer or two are gonna have to be offered to get people in it, maybe you have gift certificates for international members.

4. LEO's: This one is touchy some people think that they should be a part of the community and some are vehemently against it. With recent events the police are like us now and have to go underground. The only people looking after cops are cops nowadays, so I have to side with the against people. Police have forums too that are locked against the general public, if the testing groups need em for firmware and update connections thats fine but thats where it ends.

5. I dont think people hate this place I just think they were hurt by what it became and someone should take responsibility for it. Thats where you come in Roy I still think you owe people an explanation of why things imploded like they did and a pledge to support the whole community now. If you have anything to say to individual members do it now its time to put the past with the past. I would also like you to participate in some of the other forums as well Roy, take cues from VG he's all over the place any question asked about Veil from any forum and hes all over it.

6. No rules on JTG clowns that were all over the place here, I cant believe the vids I have seen on here with people doing this and laughing.

well thats my 2 cents back to the archives for me later guys.
    Thanks OP. You make some great points. Those rules are stale and need some freshening. We'll work on that!

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

'' 1. I like the history and its senior members, lots of connections. ''

You said it Odd ...i was banned within minutes many years ago in a certain december month
    after a simple video showing the absorbancy of G4 @ 905nm ,
    compared to a laboratory dye.

It was an earthquake for Roy & Bob.

I think that it is always a bad idea to refuse factual experiments ,
    it should serve as a springboard to improvement\understanding the
    very scientific principles of stealth technologies.

Light has 3 choices when encountering a surface :

1) pass-thru
    2) be reflected
    3) be absorbed

and it is always a mixed percentage of the 3 totalling 100 %.

Anyway , this is to confirm this site has lot of historical value ,
    anyone remember Fritz the cop ...?? one of the best ping-pong tease game
    that was played here.

Let's keep the Flame up !
    O divine art of subtlety and secrecy!
    Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible;
    and hence hold the enemy's fate in our hands.

-- Sun Tzu, The Art of War, c. 500bc

Newcomer

When I click an image in the topic
    Hello all!! need some help please
    it gives me:
    juyer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

ANY HELP