PDA

View Full Version : Laser jammers illegal in ILLINOIS very very soon possibly...

pemarsh
04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Check out this link if you live in IL (like me)

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1221&GAID=8&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=18276&SessionID=50&GA=94

Radar Roy
04-20-2005, 11:15 AM
$50.00 fine 1st offence, $100.00 second

However they can seize your jammer at the time of the stop

leepoffaith
04-20-2005, 12:05 PM
$50.00 fine 1st offence, $100.00 second

However they can seize your jammer at the time of the stop

Can I ask you how they can seize a Blinder? Honestly! Are they going to unscrew it out of my car and take it with them? I would hope not. Whatever the case, it's a sad day for persons from Illinois.

JTW
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
If they can't uninstall the unit at the site they might impound the car. Cops will do this if you have "wigwag" flashers on an unauthorized car.

Chris

fallen8511
04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Isn't the Blinder hard to see and to detect?

I've never seen or used one, but from the pictures, I mean, I don't think the cop would look deep down into the grille, and if you hide the unit inside (it looks compact enough) I don't see how they would know.

Also if you use it correctly (slow down when first lasered, then turn off the jammer) I don't understand how they could know?

Maybe some input?

bfg9000d
04-21-2005, 09:40 AM
if your a long ranger and quickly slow down and turn it off. The officer would be hard press to say he was jam since he finally got a reading. Because laser guns dont always get and immediate reading. Especially if veil was in the mix. blinder is already pretty well concealed. So it would be extremely hard to find it. I think there looking more at the radar jamming side of things. Also if your in traffic How the h e ll would they know which car was jamming or not. For the few short seconds that you slow down and turn the jammer off you will already be well past the speed trap.

Hessen
04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Sorry folks.....but I forsee more and more states banning Laser Jammers.

:cry:

lordhamster
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM

Its all going to be a moot point anyway, once the government mandates on-star like systems for "safety" but then you start getting tickets through the mail from gps logs.

antilaser
04-21-2005, 01:58 PM
This future you describe sounds like "I robot", computers driving cars by themselfs. But who knows, it might turn out to be like "Mad max" 8)

lordhamster
04-21-2005, 02:04 PM
This future you describe sounds like "I robot", computers driving cars by themselfs. But who knows, it might turn out to be like "Mad max" 8)

Its not that much of a stretch. Progressive insurance company already offers a GPS based Car insurance policy. It uses your driving habits along with areas your drive to calculate your insurance rate.

Crash
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, I guarantee you, if they try to do something like that, people will revolt. I know I will.

lordhamster
04-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, I guarantee you, if they try to do something like that, people will revolt. I know I will.

"If you aren't breaking the law, you have nothing to worry about."

Thats the line I heard over and over again after the Patriot Act passed.

stealthJamal
04-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Laser jammers are illegal where I live, but so is speeding. :)

antilaser
04-22-2005, 02:03 AM
So soon enough not taking your daily vitamins shot will be punishable by the law. :D

Hessen
04-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Its all going to be a moot point anyway, once the government mandates on-star like systems for "safety" but then you start getting tickets through the mail from gps logs.

You may have predicted the future..... :shock:
I just bought a Garmin C330.
It calculates your eta, shows your speed, time. location (within 49 feet), etc. How easy it would be for Government to access this info from a satelite, get the info from your GPS unit, track your location, calculate your speed and mail you a speeding ticket ticket with all the info.
Time of day, Date, Location and offence.

This is scary....

:shock: ... :evil:

robert
04-24-2005, 01:33 PM
It calculates your eta, shows your speed, time. location (within 49 feet), etc. How easy it would be for Government to access this info from a satelite, get the info from your GPS unit, track your location, calculate your speed and mail you a speeding ticket ticket with all the info.

This is scary....

Your new GPS is a receiver not a transmitter. No worries. :wink:

Hessen
04-24-2005, 02:04 PM

This is scary....

No not YET...but that technology may not be far away..... :shock:

robert
04-24-2005, 02:24 PM

No not YET...but that technology may not be far away..... :shock:

Yeah, just look at On*Star! :twisted:

lordhamster
04-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Exactly. Onstar is a reciever coupled with a cell phone. Hence, they can track you at all times.