PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a Partial Can to Sell?

BQuicksilver
04-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Readying the Corvette its annual trip around the country in the Car & Driver Cannonball One Lap of America. For anyone familiar with the event you probably know that we could use some laser/radar protection to make it to the next track in time. We're also turning off the DRL's, using my V1, a blinder, and a CB.

We really have very few surfaces that need coated, and I want to try Veil before investing in a full can. Drop us a fair price and we'll gladly pay as long as its in our hands by Thursday (5/4/06) when we do final prep of the car.

Thanks!

holein1
04-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Ahhh just buy a full can! If you drive a vette you can afford it! :wink:

BQuicksilver
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
lol...I know, but I'm not 100% sure I'd use it since it alters the color of the lights. One Lap of America will be sort of the "ultimate challenge" to our driving records, so this will be some real world experience before buying. If it convinces me after scores of traps over 4500miles I'll buy.

Veil Guy
05-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I heard a story from a team a couple of years back that paired VEIL and Blinder together and successfully defeated 5 laser speed trap, one at an alleged 100mph+.

You should be fine. Just be safe.

Say "HI" to BY for us...I believe he is a fan of VEIL. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

BQuicksilver
05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Veil guy, you'd probably make a killing if you showed up in South Bend friday and worked on the OLOA cars. We all need a little protection next week.

FWIW, our team has a pretty rough rep to uphold for our transit speeds in the team corvettekillstories.com car. We're the only team that's slept in a hotel every night. :wink: So far, "hotel" hasn't meant "jail".

kalel
05-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Readying the Corvette its annual trip around the country in the Car & Driver Cannonball One Lap of America. For anyone familiar with the event you probably know that we could use some laser/radar protection to make it to the next track in time. We're also turning off the DRL's, using my V1, a blinder, and a CB.

We really have very few surfaces that need coated, and I want to try Veil before investing in a full can. Drop us a fair price and we'll gladly pay as long as its in our hands by Thursday (5/4/06) when we do final prep of the car.

Thanks!

I do!!! I put it on my company car, and will not put it on my M3 because of the way it looks (and HID lights). I tried to put it on eBay and they removed my listing. That was 6 months ago. It's just sitting in my study collecting dust. There is around 40% left.

Oops I just read your timeframe. Are you still interested being that was last week? My eBay userID is F1kal-el if you want to check out my legitimacy. I'll give you a good deal because I have no use for it.

TexasRed
05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Has anyone offered to buy your unused Veil?