PDA

View Full Version : Veil on Lexan?

turbotroll
05-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I have an old Saab w/ the square headlights.

Some people put lexan covers over the trim piece to protect the lights. The euro h-4 lights are getting hars to find.

Anyway, can Veil be place on both surfaces of the lexan?

Any data on how much IR Veil absorbs?

Laser is on the rise here in GA so I need to cover mu but BEFORE I get the $200-$350 ticket.

I found a perf'd car bra too. How'd you think laser reflects off that?
Maybe the "stealth" Saab makes it to a GOL test....

Too bad the holes for the headlight washers are too low, you'd never see a jammer.

SmaartAasSaabr
05-05-2006, 08:39 PM
TT

You want pre-facelift H4 lamps? I have a perfect not hazy pair from my wrecked 1986 900 S... only 140 000km on it. I've got the wiper/washer setup too... I was thinking of throwing them on Saabnet for $180.

/edit/ I believe VEIL will work very well on Lexan headlamp covers. A couple of the people here have done exactly that, on both sides. I think Happya$$ even did that - to tinted covers! :lol:

I know State of Nine also sells some "3M Stongard" or whatever it is for the composite-style lamps (eg Euro & M87-). It's basically a clingfilm that is a few orders of magnitude thicker. I've heard positive results. I think you can VEIL it as well (but it won't come off the plastic).

turbotroll
05-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I have a new set of Cibie h-4s on it now.

The "real" euro aero's wouln't allow the lexan covers which just so happens to make the square lights look like the fancy ones.

If you have a nice set of the euro aero (or whatever thay are) they go for some bucks.

I also have some 9004 lights that are new. Don't know where they came from (friends gave them to me) and they are in Saab metal mounts. Odd lights - drop me yout e-mail and I'll send a pic - I've never seen them before and I've been driving Saab 900's for, um 15years...ouch.

I'm looking at new cars in the 20k range and I say to myself, for 10k you could build one kick arse 900. mental certifiable just put the funny white coat on me.....speaking of white - did you see the white spg on tsn......
may be mine next month

Veil Guy
05-06-2006, 12:09 AM
turbotroll

With a good coating, VEIL's absorption is extremely high, in fact, the coated surfaces won't be your problem...the residual laser cross section (what remains from everything else) is what really contributes to your ultimate targeting distance reduction.

Veil Guy 8)