PDA

View Full Version : [Video] for Antilaser test conducted by JTW and go.mouse

go.mouse
05-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Here it is -

High resolution video on YouTube server (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8crqnFDmZ8)

Lower resolution video on PutFile server (http://media.putfile.com/Antilaser-Pro-Park-vs-LA-SpeedLaser)

stealthJamal
05-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, those results aren't very good. :shock:

go.mouse
05-07-2006, 08:44 PM
The results of the 3 head-on shots with Normal mode totally surprised me. I was expecting some JTG's. Instead it gave me 450-500ft punchthroughs.

Well, those results aren't very good. :shock:

sethy
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM
a tripod gives a huge huge huge advantage to punch throughs...

If go.mouse had no experiance shooting the gun (reason for the tripod) why didnt chris shoot?

did you do any runs hand held?

JTW
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
a tripod gives a huge huge huge advantage to punch throughs...

If go.mouse had no experiance shooting the gun (reason for the tripod) why didnt chris shoot?

did you do any runs hand held?

If I shot the gun alot people like Staton would have said I was shooting at something other then teh plate. I wanted to this first round to be completely critic proof of "agenda's".

JTW

Mackid343
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
maybe having only one head isnt enough after all...the prototype tested that had two heads on the GOL's suv kicked butt. maybe there is a need for two heads facing front on any vehicle

thats very odd how the lasershield gave a higher punchthrough...

thanks for this test guys, it was quite interesting to see some results of a single head, real world test

JTW
05-07-2006, 09:44 PM
maybe having only one head isnt enough after all...the prototype tested that had two heads on the GOL's suv kicked butt. maybe there is a need for two heads facing front on any vehicle

thanks for this test guys, it was quite interesting

It's not odd at all because the laser atlanta was operated in normal mode with the laser shield and the jam to gun came from the stealth mode operation. Stealth mode is easier to jam if you have the fix.

Mackid343
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM

thanks for this test guys, it was quite interesting

It's not odd at all because the laser atlanta was operated in normal mode with the laser shield and the jam to gun came from the stealth mode operation. Stealth mode is easier to jam if you have the fix.

i must have read it wrong, i thought that once you added the lasershield to your runs, it gave a higher punchthrough on normal mode than the runs without it

thestaton
05-07-2006, 09:57 PM
JTW: This is a hobby man I will never critize a mans hard legitimate work. However like I said on the other forum, tripod, big angle, very slow speeds 11mph is just pure torture for any jammer.

No you read it right the laser shield pretty much helped none.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for those of us who have alot of experience in testing to get togeather, brain storm, and lay out a solid guideline for testers to follow? This is not to discourage creativity that is a must, however if we had something that was easy to follow we could compare results based on different vehicles / mounting locations. But have the same testing parameters?

Ford_Focus_05
05-07-2006, 10:00 PM
OK well if some one will send me a gun I will put my jammer through torture!! LMAO...just to prove to you its the jammer not ****ing anything else!!

Face it AL sucks its a rip off...not anything worth buying!!

Mackid343
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
OK well if some one will send me a gun I will put my jammer through torture!! LMAO...just to prove to you its the jammer not *BEEP* anything else!!

actually that would be awesome if you put the zr3 through tortue like that, it would be nice to see if LED's can really stand up to the test. the Zr3 proves that LED technology still works, it just needs to be worked on more by blinder and i hope their new m25 is a great jammer. i am considering the Zr3 if no other jammer outperforms it in this last test

carlito
05-07-2006, 10:06 PM
OK well if some one will send me a gun I will put my jammer through torture!! LMAO...just to prove to you its the jammer not *BEEP* anything else!!

Face it AL sucks its a rip off...not anything worth buying!!X2 :wink: :lol:

stealthJamal
05-07-2006, 10:43 PM

actually that would be awesome if you put the zr3 through tortue like that, it would be nice to see if LED's can really stand up to the test. the Zr3 proves that LED technology still works, it just needs to be worked on more by blinder and i hope their new m25 is a great jammer. i am considering the Zr3 if no other jammer outperforms it in this last test

ZR3 sucks against Stalker, unless you have Veil and a Laser shield to lower your punch throughs. My old car had a black bra(even better than a black car because a bra is not metalic), laser sheild, Veil, and a ZR3. With all that I still had a punch through at 298 feet on my headlight, but I was JTG with plate shots. Without all that stuff, the ZR3 is pretty much useless against the stalker.

http://www.guysoflidar.com/laser-jammer-test-july-2005/index.html#stealthjamal

Test of ZR3 without passive countermeasures, check out the Stalker results:
http://www.guysoflidar.com/radar-detector-laser-jammer-shootout-2005/laser-jammer-tests.html

My point is, as of now there is no perfect laser jammer available.

JTW
05-07-2006, 10:52 PM
JTW: This is a hobby man I will never critize a mans hard legitimate work. However like I said on the other forum, tripod, big angle, very slow speeds 11mph is just pure torture for any jammer.

No you read it right the laser shield pretty much helped none.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for those of us who have alot of experience in testing to get togeather, brain storm, and lay out a solid guideline for testers to follow? This is not to discourage creativity that is a must, however if we had something that was easy to follow we could compare results based on different vehicles / mounting locations. But have the same testing parameters?

First test site was on street with faster speeds and we had virtually the same results.

sethy
05-07-2006, 11:05 PM

wait for the GOL test results before you say that... im telling you, that tripod gave a huge advantage toward the laser gun. I would have trusted JTW with shooting the gun just fine...

You will see the differences- then again we did use a dual headed system

Suf Daddy
05-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Nice job!

Is there any way to get a copy to save onto my hard drive?

Beam at 167 feet or so is about 10" wide

What type of headlights does the Toyota have?

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy
05-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I can see this is always going to be a AL or DS thing..............

Here's what I expect at 100 feet: a 6" LIDAR beam,
http://www.quattro123.com/LTI/Marksman/739ABeamPattern100feet.jpg
which unless its more than ONE head, should be VERY difficult to jam....because of the pin point of the beam.

Those 400-500 foot car runs in the mall parking lot were similar to what I did with that K brand and got readings all day long..........

Assuming all lidar guns are a three beam pattern (The LA, I don't know for sure.......) the angle shots MAY have some sweep effect to get readings beyond 400 feet as the LA beam is its widest there.................
Tripod or not.

No doubting, but was the HUD alignment done?
I'm just trying to analyize all the factors.............

Time to have Focus test his set up..... I'd say repeat JTW's format for an accurate comparison.

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy
05-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Would a jammer of LEDs in an array be more effective up close than a single Diode head?

Also I read the JTW and GoMouse article.

Excellent write up.

Another point I see vs ther AL video is MAYBE than "reflective" plate isn't really reflective after all? I'm guessing here............ but besides the fact that the AL ver 6.5 video BMW is black........GoMouse has a metalic paint job.

Color is a factor in LIDAR reflections, although most guns claim its not really much of a factor.............

Lastly; An open thought to the headlamps used on the Toyota......are they standard Halogen bulbs?

-Suf Daddy

TeamQuack
05-08-2006, 01:00 AM
then again we did use a dual headed system

it appears from outrun's vid's in comparison's to JTW and go.mouses runs that 2 heads are needed for the performance AL claimed only required 1 head. also the usb thing was kind of a fib but other than that, the jammer works. i guess they had some very aggressive marketing tactics at worst?

go.mouse
05-08-2006, 01:04 AM
It would definitely be cool if outrun can do a single head AL7 test.

it appears from outrun's vid's in comparison's to JTW and go.mouses runs that 2 heads are needed for the performance AL claimed only required 1 head. also the usb thing was kind of a fib but other than that, the jammer works. i guess they had some very aggressive marketing tactics at worst?

happya$$
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM

2 heads are a MUST after seeing what one head does. VERY disapointing results with AL7 one head

JTW
05-09-2006, 12:18 AM

2 heads are a MUST after seeing what one head does. VERY disapointing results with AL7 one head

800 foot punch throughs are dissapointing on two heads happy.

Mackid343
05-09-2006, 12:19 AM

i agree, i am sad to see that one head is not enough, but heck it still is pretty amazing with two heads on outrun's truck vs the ultralyte!

thestaton
05-09-2006, 07:41 AM

i agree, i am sad to see that one head is not enough, but heck it still is pretty amazing with two heads on outrun's truck vs the ultralyte!

What do you mean about Outruns truck? If you mean the officer was getting a reading every time? How about the officer was not getting a reading so he let go of the trigger and tried again? Its not like once you pull the trigger there is no going back.

Our trained LEO would do the same thing if he was not getting a reading let go for a few seconds then have a go at it again. On a few of the runs, perhaps it was just how he was trained?

Suf Daddy
05-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd say multiple heads are needed to combat sweep of the sides of a vehicle.

This off axis stuff makes cloaking difficult.

If JTW does a high overpass shot (test) I'll bet current Jammers won't be very effective at all...................

-Suf Daddy

stealthJamal
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I'd say multiple heads are needed to combat sweep of the sides of a vehicle.

This off axis stuff makes cloaking difficult.

If JTW does a high overpass shot (test) I'll bet current Jammers won't be very effective at all...................

-Suf Daddy

800 foot punch throughs on a White Jeep Commander not bad when the operator pans up to the roof of the vehicle!

sethy
05-09-2006, 09:48 PM
did he pan to the roof of the vehicle when teh reading was obtained?

We should document where the speed reading was obtained for future tests...

happya$$
05-10-2006, 04:31 AM
he ONLY panned to the roof for the 35' of road shots