PDA

View Full Version : Stealth mode???

Vonkie
05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Is stealth mode thus only running at a low frequency????

So the gun should take longer to aquire a solution???

stealthJamal
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
When Jimbonzzz tested it, I believe he found it was 68pps. I have read that Laser Atlanta stealth mode sends 2 pulses and pauses and then send 2 more pulse so the detector and/or jammer that is looking for 3 pulses resets itself and does not alert because the stealth mode has it's 2 pulses timed just right.

Ford_Focus_05
05-10-2006, 10:51 PM
When Jimbonzzz tested it, I believe he found it was 68pps. I have read that Laser Atlanta stealth mode sends 2 pulses and pauses and then send 2 more pulse so the detector and/or jammer that is looking for 3 pulses resets itself and does not alert because the stealth mode has it's 2 pulses timed just right.

X2

Thats what I was told aswell by JTW who use to sell LA's.

jimbonzzz
05-11-2006, 04:54 AM
http://www.guysoflidar.com/faq.html#8

Vonkie
05-11-2006, 05:33 AM
But why the low frequency then????
And the aquisition time???

jimbonzzz
05-11-2006, 07:49 AM
But why the low frequency then????
And the aquisition time???

For the low frequency, I have a couple of guesses:

-It might have just worked out that way because of the extra delay necessary between every two pulses to fool the algorithms in detectors or jammers.

-They might have dont that on purpose as an additional scheme to prevent detection, since most detectors/jammers before that time likely had a bandpass filter with a cutoff around 100 Hz, since the next highest freq gun (excluding Laserpatrol?) would be Stalker @ 130 Hz. Or maybe this is just a side effect with additional benefits for them :)

As far as the acquisition time, I would assume that since the guns generally need 50+ consistent pulses to compute a speed reading, it would take longer to acquire the number necessary with a lower pulse rate.