PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD DS HAVE GOL TEST THEIR DEFENDER 2 JAMMER?

happya$$
05-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Poll please vote

SmaartAasSaabr
05-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Of course... I trust you guys more than DS for sure

BullyDawg19
05-16-2006, 07:01 PM
how about - Who cares anyway, if it works test it. if it dont, trash it.
too many opinions - not enough facts. too many egos, not enough testing.
all i want is great jammer - i dont care who makes it or what it costs.

edweird
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't confuse the fact that members of GOL, and also the folks who might attend the tests post opinions here, with a bias to affect the results one way or the other.

I think the fact that there is debate, and a willingness to discuss how the tests are done, and have observers is a positive thing.

Ed

againstme!
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM

best thing said in a long time.

Vonkie
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Go for it...... :wink: At least we KNOW then. :D

amoney
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Sure what the hell, there is no reason GOL needs to boycot DriveSmart, well o.k. there are reasons, such as DriveSmart refusing to send a unit to GOL, oh well some people are what they are, anyway, test it and be done with it. The fact is that even if DriveSmart were to do well, people that have followed the DriveSmart saga still look at DriveSmart with distaste. But to be fair new commers need to know regardless what the product cannot do. So get that officer, and shoot extreme angle roof shots, oh and be sure to test a single head setup.

Mackid343
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM

best thing said in a long time.

X2!!

definately test it, i dont care if its a cardboard box; if it jams well, i'm putting it on my car!

Ford_Focus_05
05-16-2006, 10:04 PM

X4

Man I am glad these new guys get it... yet sine if the older people dont... :roll: :lol:

Hessen
05-17-2006, 01:02 PM
X4

Man I am glad these new guys get it... yet sine if the older people dont... :roll: :lol:

Guess I'm old........ :lol: and maybe just maybe too wise to get excited about company that promotes a product that doesn't exsist and is untested, add to that their "Front Man" is a BS Artist......... :wink:

Think I'd rather be Old...... :lol:

stalker
05-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Oh it exists Horn...I assure you that...

Will this be tested by the real GOL or the unofficial ADDONS that think they represent all of GOL ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hessen
05-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Oh it exists Horn...I assure you that...

Really....so you've seen it....... :idea: :!:

Tell us about it, what's it look like, how does it perform, ......... :wink:

happya$$
05-17-2006, 06:39 PM
To be honest guys I think we have given DS unnecessary exposure. Roy's awesome forum is a gold mine for companies. This DS and AL thing has turned into a complete clown show

thestaton
05-17-2006, 07:38 PM
To be honest guys I think we have given DS unnecessary exposure. Roy's awesome forum is a gold mine for companies. This DS and AL thing has turned into a complete clown show

true that! Just one clown has an act while the other is stuck in his little car wondering how in the hell he's gonna get out.

Ford_Focus_05
05-17-2006, 10:46 PM
OH JESUS CHRIST!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

I know Roy wants to turn down conversation on DS and AL but your the last person that can say anything!! I will admit that I havent helped...so I cant say anything either but this is rediculous!

Staton hows the inside of that car...since you can only go left...which is the wrong way to go!! :lol:

drive-smart
05-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Poll please vote

LOL
Quote from Happy"Who cares" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TeamQuack
05-18-2006, 12:51 AM
as excitied as i am for the release no one in the industry has made a jammer with more than one diode in a head, the attempt by AL to have a twin diode was poor as we found out from the last GoL so i am anxiously awaiting to see if these 4 diodes add up to superior power or just a load of electronics in the front of a car....

stalker
05-18-2006, 12:59 AM
It all comes back to how they are driven power wise...I think this is where AL may have went wrong....

I could have 100 diodes in a jammer and powered wrong or have 20 diodes in a jammer powered properly and lick butt....

DS know what they are doing in regards to powering them ;) just wait and see :!:

happya$$
05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
It all comes back to how they are driven power wise...I think this is where AL may have went wrong....

I could have 100 diodes in a jammer and powered wrong or have 20 diodes in a jammer powered properly and lick butt....

DS know what they are doing in regards to powering them ;) just wait and see :!:

That is what bothers me HOW DO YOU know?

happya$$
05-18-2006, 04:10 AM
Poll please vote

LOL
Quote from Happy"Who cares" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

You are right Neil why did I waste putting up this poll? I guess I wanted to see what the forum members wanted. Looking at the big picture we already have PROVEN products out there. Hey maybe I can join your puppets in Skype and talk to you guys :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is exciting.........NOT!

drive-smart
05-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Poll please vote

LOL

You are right Neil why did I waste putting up this poll? I guess I wanted to see what the forum members wanted. Looking at the big picture we already have PROVEN products out there. Hey maybe I can join your puppets in Skype and talk to you guys :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that is exciting.........NOT!

You can join our puppets if we can join in with your "Muppets"!LOL :lol:

stalker
05-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Puppets...F8ck you are stupid somtimes Steve....

I think ive spoken to Neil twice...ive spoken to the other 7 members of this forum a couple times a week...we all have a good laugh at your expense m8 ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So stop acting like a child and start acting like an admin of the WORLDS No 1 RADAR FORUM ON THE INTERNET!

TeamQuack
05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
happy i read in another post, don't knof i you were being sarcastic that your having your cousin buy a D2 and you gave him 700+50(for him) to get a unit? why are you spending so much DS said its $530 for a d2 /w shipping. maybe your buying a dual head unit? 4 diodes, i would hope that would be enough to cover the entire front of a vehicle by itself. lets hope its not another AL hustle....time will tell i guess.

Ford_Focus_05
05-18-2006, 12:08 PM

That is what bothers me HOW DO YOU know?

I doesnt take a genius to know this... come on Steve enough with the BS already... Jim has written 10 page essays on this!! We all know its starts with how they are powered then it goes to the code... if you dont have them powered right or have to much resistance due to a bad hand soldering job...like a cold solder joint...it desnt matter how good the code is...you diodes and Leds are not going to function at a 100%

I am sure Jim can agree to that!

crazyVOLVOrob
05-18-2006, 03:00 PM
I just want to see them tested to see if if can stand up to all the hype. I am sure Ford and Stalker and DS say it will but thats because they all talk to eachother :roll:, but I want to see it myself!

It has to be tested like the lidatek or target since it has a timer. I would also like to see the other jammers(ones without timers) tested the same way though. See how many seconds it can jam for. Using the same testing conditions would limit externalities. It would be good to see how long th jammers will jam the gun 500ft down As well as 1500 and 1000ft.

TQ I believe steve probably bought 2x defender2 heads.

amoney
05-18-2006, 03:43 PM
DriveSmart claims that one head will JTG (sound familar), so this test should be performed. And then we can also see what becomes of the Defender2 against a PLIII. Everyone thought that logical thinking of AntiLaser using twin diodes would improve results, and that was not the case, no different from the single diode results. So 4x diodes (at smaller power) is suppose to do the job? I would trust anyone here to do a independent test. I think I have been here long enough to know everyones character that they would not assasinate themselves when it can be very easily discovered if any sabatoge was done to a test.