PDA

View Full Version : Weird VEIL install tonite.

thestaton
05-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Well today I spent a few hours taking every headlight / parking light / fog-light off of my new Trans Am so she could get the royal treatment of VEIL.

Come to find out 1 of my headlights had a little water so I decided to just go buy 4 new headlights :)

One of my parking lights had a big ole split so I had to order a new one of those today, but the other parking light, and my 2 fog lights got the royal treatment tonight.

I was all done with everyone of them, and they where looking awesome. Right after I had finished cleaning my sponge with 91% alcohol I noticed one of the headlights had a mild case of spotting. So I rinsed the sponge over warm water to make sure all the 91!% alcohol was out, cleaned up the headlight with alcohol, then sprayed it down with windex, let it dry.

Re-applied VEIL and this time it came out a light purple color!!! I was like WTF. So I cleaned it up, did it again and still a light purple!!! So I figured it had to be the sponge. Sure enough I tossed that sucker, and used another one I had bought today just incase. Got a nice even tint and she looks great.

Cliff Notes: I washed my sponge in 91% alcohol and the light was purple. Changed sponge and good to go.

kpatz
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Interesting. Was it a purple sponge? The alcohol probably released some of the dye from the sponge and it got onto the headlight.

thestaton
05-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Its the sponge that comes with VEIL! I just took about 20 pictures of all 8 headlights laying on my kitchen table with VEIL on them hehe.

vocaltrance
05-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Its the sponge that comes with VEIL! I just took about 20 pictures of all 8 headlights laying on my kitchen table with VEIL on them hehe.

lets see them!