PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushing Veil?

drmoore71
05-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Since it seems that the Veil is hard to get on without streaking, has anyone tried to spray it on using an airbrush? It seems to me that this could be a great way of circumventing the whole streaking issue. I have not used Veil yet, but I am planning to, and I know that the streaks would drive me mad. Also, how hard is it going to be for me to be invisible with this black and chrome monster? http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/drmoore71/trades/BlackieFront.jpg BTW, I have a V1 and the Laser Shield is being delivered today.

DogGod
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
with all that chrome it seems like veil and an ls wont do much. Just my 2 cents.

keyframe
06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
why not take the crhome piece off and have it professionally painted to match the truck. It would probably cost 2-3 hundred bucks.

drmoore71
06-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the replies. It is alot easier than that to change to black, the Explorer sports had body color grilles, so I could just change it to a black one if I wanted to, and I may do that at some point. Does anyone have anything to say about shooting the Veil, though?

HighVoltage
06-05-2006, 08:04 AM
I think you may run into issue trying to airbrush. If you can even find a head that will handle it, the viscosity of VEIL in my limited experience is a bit tricky. I just dont think you will get a good even dispersion, more like spitting...