PDA

View Full Version : Should I put Veil on??

livinitup0312
06-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm contemplating whether or not i should put Veil on. Everyone says its great, but i don't want it to darken my headlights. I have Xenon HID headlights on my Acura TL and don't want them to get darker. I'm definitely planning on getting laser shield for my front plate. Since veil would make my lights darker, do you guys think Laser Shield and V1 would keep me decently protected. I've never been hit with laser before, according to my old radio shack detector. I live in North Carolina. What do you guys think??

Thanks,

stealthJamal
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
No, you need Veil. You need the following items to have decent laser protection with no laser jammer:

1. A black car or black car bra
2. V1 for laser detection
3. Veil on lights and other reflective objects.
4. Laser shield on Front License plate. (If you have a plate in the front.)

Arashi666
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
VEIL really pays off despite the dimming of the lights I proved this with my CL here: http://www.radardetector.net/AL7-ONE-HEAD-ON-A-FORD-FOCUS-12912t.php (mine was the 1st car in the video)

I managed to gut my punchthrough down to 300 ft!!!... given that I am running without a front plate so that might make a big difference

but to address your point, even with the LS on the plate, if they get no reading from there they just have to move to the lights and boom they got you

sethy
06-12-2006, 05:53 AM
radio shack detector

Ive never been hit with laser according to that either, and I got pulled over twice with laser at well over 1000 feet.

Then I decided to get smart and finally research some effective countermeasures

livinitup0312
06-12-2006, 06:02 AM
Arashi666, yea Veil sounds great. How much dimmer did they make your Xenon HID lights? Is it real drastic, noticable, unsafe?

What i'm tryin to say is that i really don't want my headlights dimmer if its unnecessary. With that said, do you think it would be smarter to invest in either Anti-Laser, or a Blinder, and forget about the VEiL?

Thanks

sethy
06-12-2006, 06:27 AM
if you get a blinder, VEiL is a must.

AL seems to be all over the board in the terms of quality control, I wouldnt trust that unit alone as of yet.

holein1
06-12-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm contemplating whether or not i should put Veil on. Everyone says its great, but i don't want it to darken my headlights. I have Xenon HID headlights on my Acura TL and don't want them to get darker. I'm definitely planning on getting laser shield for my front plate. Since veil would make my lights darker, do you guys think Laser Shield and V1 would keep me decently protected. I've never been hit with laser before, according to my old radio shack detector. I live in North Carolina. What do you guys think??

Thanks,

Without a doubt as a matter of fact it saved me from a 15 over ticket this morning! Had to go to the airport very early this morning, I had pulled out onto the main road ( I was doing 65+ in a 50 mph zone) heading down a long straight steep hill towards I-5 and there was a unmarked stater hiding at the bottom with all his lights off! I was quite tired & not really keeping an eye out for popo's when all of a sudden the v1 starts going bonkers, the v1 alerted me for what seemed like 8-10 seconds stopped for a few & then went off for another 4-5 seconds!

On the way home I kinda calculated the distance at which he started shooting and when he stopped, he started at around 2,500 ft and stopped at about 400-450. Without a doubt the veil and laser shield saved my butt!!!

BTW I have hid's in my cobra and since the light output is far more than the stock halogen bulb's I cannot tell any difference (defiantly get veil)!

CLICK ME! (www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp)

Veil Guy
06-12-2006, 09:04 AM
livinitup0312,

Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps you read the thrashing we took on the acura forum's thread:
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131630

You've gotten some good advice from these guys on this forum.

IMHO, this forum has the highest number of informed posts that I have come across on the Net about all things traffic enforcement related.

A lot of sharp participants here.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Veil Guy 8)

rally-wagon
06-12-2006, 06:49 PM
livinitup0312,

Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps you read the thrashing we took on the acura forum's thread:
http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=131630

What a load of bollocks. Veil saved my arse a little over a week ago... 1000(ish) ft. hit with Veil and the Sti as my only countermeasures. Gave me enough time to slow from 15 over in a 65mph zone. It's been tested, verified and recorded. No worries here... by the way, never got around to thanking you Veil Guy. I figured I made almost double back from the purchase price in this ticket alone.

Arashi666
06-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Arashi666, yea Veil sounds great. How much dimmer did they make your Xenon HID lights? Is it real drastic, noticable, unsafe?

What i'm tryin to say is that i really don't want my headlights dimmer if its unnecessary. With that said, do you think it would be smarter to invest in either Anti-Laser, or a Blinder, and forget about the VEiL?

Thanks

Sorry if I was misleading, my CL has older reflector type HLs... but I must say that I heard that HIDs are dramatically cut down, i'd get the veil on and wipe off the parts that the HIDs shine through.

I still see almost perfectly as before except my HLs arent as shiny and cool looking with the silverstars anymore, I had also made a 9005 bulb conversion (65watt as opposed to the stock 9006 55w bulbs, difference was AMAZING), as it was more cost effective than a full HID conversion ($400 vs $50)