PDA

View Full Version : Hows my frontend look to Laser?

Timsatx
06-14-2006, 01:08 PM
I think my car provides pretty good protection from Laser with the exception of the headlights and license plate. I intend to get Veil in the near future. I am not certain though about the Lasershield because of the current laws in Texas.

What is your opinion on the shape of my frontend and the lack of metal/metallic stuff as far as what Laser would see?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Timsatx/100_9615a.jpg

sethy
06-14-2006, 01:10 PM
What kind of car do you have, can you supply a pic?

Timsatx
06-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah, sorry. I just went and looked at it and realized I hadn't added it in there. What a bonehead :D I kept thinking to not forget to add it, and then I did forget. I did fix it though. It is a 200 Buick Century.

A-TownNavi
06-14-2006, 01:22 PM
well to be honest it doesnt look real good. its white to begin with, which is going to reflect light(laser) better than say a darker color. you have a chrome grill which is going to assist in the reflecting. your lights are rather large. and you have a front plate. so ummmmm, to be honest, not the best :lol: 8) .

stealthJamal
06-14-2006, 01:30 PM
White car with a shiny grill......Not good at all.

For the best protection without a laser jammer you need:

1. A V1 to detect laser.
2. A Black car bra for the front end to cover up the white.
3. Veil headlights and any other shiny or reflective surface that shows after you install the car bra.
4. A laser shield is a must if you have a front plate. It's hard to notice you have one until you get close, you should be ok not getting caught with it.

Of course the best thing to do would be to do all that AND get a laser jammer.

Timsatx
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I understand (sorta) about a white vehicle and reflecting laser, but is it not more of an issue on vehicles that have more verticle surfaces? I know that the grill can also reflect the laser, but it is pretty narrow. The rim of it at the top is only about 1 inch in width.

I do intend to get a car bra for it, I just want to get my radar detector first. I have one used right now but it doesn't work well so I want to get a new one from a regular store.

Veil Guy
06-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Timsatx,

It just so happens that in 2004 at SML we tested with a medium gold metallic version of this vehicle.

The results were reported below as test vehicle #2 (medium colored vehicle).

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/speedlabs-2004/veil.asp

White won't likely do as well, but the shape of this vehicle surprisingly didn't do half bad.

Veil Guy 8)