PDA

View Full Version : Laser mimic?

robinzon
05-02-2005, 03:34 PM
>Post was deleted due to being in violation of Forum rules<
crazyVOLVOrob

crazyVOLVOrob
05-02-2005, 04:01 PM
No one sells the Laser mimic at all..and it has yet to under go thorough testing...Please remember it's against board policy to advertise "site of sale" for a products(radar/laser dectors and jammers) other that radarbusters.com. Also in some respects to ask another forum member to break this rule to give you a link is inviolation as well.

Sorry for inconviences

Ok, I spoke with the person who has the marketing rights for this product within the USA. I will not revel who he is at this time, because he is NOT READY to sell them retail in the USA at this time. That is the reason why they are not on their website.

They are manufactured in Korea and they are now in production of the packaging and manuals.

They are also going to bring their unit to the SML test in June for testing and want to have SML's blessing before they market them.

They will be sending me one unit soon for my evaluation

No will I sell them, I don't know. That depends on how well they work and will hold up...
Here is a link to the thread that was on this topic where RadarRoy gives his response
http://www.radardetector.net/New-Laser-Mimic-laser-jammer-reviews-1254t.php

So guys don't worry after the jammer is put through the paces it will most likely be easier to obtain most likely from Roy after his testing is finished.

JTW
05-02-2005, 06:36 PM
No one sells the Laser mimic at all..and it has yet to under go thorough testing

Ok, I spoke with the person who has the marketing rights for this product within the USA. I will not revel who he is at this time, because he is NOT READY to sell them retail in the USA at this time. That is the reason why they are not on their website.

They are manufactured in Korea and they are now in production of the packaging and manuals.

They are also going to bring their unit to the SML test in June for testing and want to have SML's blessing before they market them.

They will be sending me one unit soon for my evaluation

No will I sell them, I don't know. That depends on how well they work and will hold up...

The difference between SML and Jammertests.com is SML writes a report that you can't see. JammerTests.com has the tests on video! If I were a consumer I'd rather see test videos then see a piece of paper with numbers on it. Just because SML didn't do a test on it doesn't mean the Mimic wasn't thorougly tested to work.

happya$$
05-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Why was this thread locked? What rule was violated? Also I agree 100% with JTW. I will take his videos ANY DAY of the week over the SML reports. Nothing against SML but there are too many politics with some reviews (not SML's but others). JTW's reviews are right there on video and they are of the highest quality.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-02-2005, 06:46 PM
True but SML will be doing a test to basically put a stamp of approval...kinda like FDA does for drug..but not really

I would rather see video's too but SML is seen as the testing authority thats why we are going to wait...And the guy just wanted to know the link of the site where you can buy the laser mimic since Roy doesn't have it

happya$$
05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Good eye crazyvolvo

JTW
05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
True but SML will be doing a test to basically put a stamp of approval...kinda like FDA does for drug..but not really

I would rather see video's too but SML is seen as the testing authority thats why we are going to wait...And the guy just wanted to know the link of the site where you can buy the laser mimic since Roy doesn't have it

The Mimic can't be purchased by anyone, thus it won't affect Roy's sales at all. There is no link or contact information in this thread, which brings me back to happy's question. What rule was violated to lock up this thread?

crazyVOLVOrob
05-02-2005, 07:41 PM

The Mimic can't be purchased by anyone, thus it won't affect Roy's sales at all. There is no link or contact information in this thread, which brings me back to happy's question. What rule was violated to lock up this thread?
"Please remember it's against board policy to advertise "site of sale" for a products(radar/laser dectors and jammers) other that radarbusters.com. Also in some respects to ask another forum member to break this rule to give you a link is inviolation as well."

To be honest about this it was a tough call, But I figured asking another forum member to break a rule is bad blood. When i was first a member here i made the mistake of telling someone the price of an accessory i got from some site, I didn't even link to the site, just mentioned their name, and post was deleted and according to Roy against the rules, If you like you are free to unlock this thread. and I'll even put back the guys post to the best of memory
>(simply asking people to tell him the where to find that laser mimic since roy doesn't carry it and to PM if you find the link or place.)<
Summary of post i erased.

Seeing as there was already a thread open discussing this topic, we don't need a whole new thread on the discussion

Chris I'm sorry if you feel this should be open feel free to unlock it,

As a new admin I'm not 100% on the rules.

------------the quote button is messed up. The post below is by JTW------

I think you had the best intentions crazy to protect this board of it's policies. The starter of this thread was indeed wrong for posting a question like that, which you clearly did a good job by erasing it. The thread did take on a new subject though and that was the difference between reviewers testings. I test products on video and SML gives results on paper.

Lets keep this thread locked up. I think all the topics have been covered.