PDA

View Full Version : How to set-up ZR3

Arashi666
06-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Ok so Ive got a dilema on how I should do this right now Ive got no front plate (in a state that requires it) which ive had off for 2 months and no cop seems to care and Veil now the question is should I:

A) Keep the front plate off, mount 2 ZR3 head front and the plate head in the rear

B) Put the plate back on, order a Lasershield, and mount all 3 heads in front

C) Leave the plate off, and mount all heads in the front

any ideas on what would be the best setup or if theres a better one that I didnt list?

outrun
06-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I voted put the plate back on only cause it is the law here. I heard DPS today pull over a car for no front license. Even it being in the windshield will not pass. It is something like fail to display proper license plate or something.

Anyway I would have chosen another one if we didn't have to have plates here. But put all the heads up front. Also FYI I will have the gun for a few more weeks and maybe you can see how it does.

Arashi666
06-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah I was thinking about it too, because I looked it up, here in southlake the fine for "no plates or one plate" is $127 :cry: ouch :cry: so im probably going to put it back on

BTW, should I VEIL an LS or leave it as-is?

thestaton
06-17-2006, 06:34 AM
VEIL & LS. Then keep a dart gun with tranqs handy that way when he gets a reading you can put him to sleep :)

Arashi666
06-17-2006, 11:36 PM
lol haha thats good, but it cant be that bad, cant possibly make my 400+-100ft PTs w/ veil any worse, but that dam plate might

Switchback
06-18-2006, 11:14 AM
I saw a website that makes duplicate state license plates from fiberglass without the retroreflective material on them. So it would give you a front plate that does not go out of it's way to reflect light (visible or IR)

Daytime I do not think it would be noticable as not being state issued because the colors & the raised letters are the same font, but night time would be a different story.

By doing this you would appear legal, and if questioned (doubtful) you could make up a story that the plate was destroyed and you had this one made to replace it. a leo might have mercy if you act stupid enough. and he does not see your jammng heads.

At least you are removing the center target this way.

I think it would work. anyone else?

Mackid343
06-18-2006, 11:47 AM
get a lasershield and mount the rear head of the ZR3 on the front plate. its really easy