PDA

View Full Version : So I live in Utah?

theone
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I know that laser jammers in utah is not legal...so what happens if I get pulled over and they see the sensors? what is the fine?
If the unit is not active at the time they pull me over is the fine less? I guess I could say I drive through many states and only use it outside of Utah.
Does Viel fall under this law?
I am not sure that the local police here are to savy on these units, but all it takes is one.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
VEIL might fall under the law where you are making the licence plate less visible...if your state is anal about that, i'd get a laser shield plate cover if plate covers are allowed and if state requires a front plate. if the state doesn't require front plate VEIL will still be effective on the head lights.

Cop will be looking for a jammer if they know they were jammed so Slowdown to legal speed and turn jammer off and allow the cop to get a speed reading on you at legal speed

mauiman84
05-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Your best bet would be to just conceal your blinder system. As you have seen in many pictures of the system it would be extremely hard to see if you're not looking for it and is sometimes even hard to see if you are looking for them. Another item you might want to have is an excelent radar detector. In your case you might want to have it some what visible incase you get pulled over so that might take some of the attention from the leo. That setup is completely up to u. Good luck with your decision. VEIL ALL THE WAY!!

theone
05-12-2005, 07:18 PM
I thought the sensors had to be just outside of the body line? the car I am thinking of doing first is my 300 srt8. On each side of the bumper there are air ducts, how far in can I go and still be effective?
does anyone know the fine for Utah?

has anyone tried to hook up a relay that would shut off the the blinder once you are hit?

mauiman84
05-12-2005, 07:20 PM
the blinder has a shutoff switch mounted inside the car. i would have to see the car itself to know where you are talking about and you want them to be flush with the opening

theone
05-12-2005, 07:32 PM
if I knew how to post a picture I would

mauiman84
05-12-2005, 07:36 PM
but just like crazyvolvo said any chrome surface should be covered.

theone
05-12-2005, 07:43 PM
the car is black and I am having the front grill powder coated black. The only shiney thing up front are the headlights and the fog lights.

I have another car coming at the end of the month that is very low profile and the front end and lights are at a dramatic slant ( Ford GT). does this make a difference? Car is also all black.
Thanks for you input

mauiman84
05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
i think you better drive it to KC here and let me test drive it with the blinder installed just to make sure it's ok. LOL ya you should be fine. if you're not atleast you can outrun them. i hope we get to see pictures of that car. another thing you might think about is get the tinted light covers. the only thing with those is that picky leo's can give you a ticket if you don't have the road approved covers. good luck

theone
05-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks again....I should have my Blinder here by Friday and maybe in this weekend. I will post some pictures once I have it in and if I can figure out a way to install it on the GT without making holes, I will ( Roy had a good idea with body molding tape)...I will also send in photos of it once I get it here.

mauiman84
05-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I'm excited to outfit my fiances new black rx8. it should be an awesome car to speed in once i get a blinder, veil, and the best detector at speedlabs in june.

SmaartAasSaabr
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm excited to outfit my fiances new black rx8. it should be an awesome car to speed in once i get a blinder, veil, and the best detector at speedlabs in june.

Probably the only car on the market you can run at 8 000r/min and still balance a dime on the intake manifold... :)

But my old tanks will eat it on acceleration (that was fun...) , the torque on one of those Wankels is very low, I'm wondering when they will bolt some turbos on that thing...

brick
05-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Probably the only car on the market you can run at 8 000r/min and still balance a dime on the intake manifold... :)

But my old tanks will eat it on acceleration (that was fun...) , the torque on one of those Wankels is very low, I'm wondering when they will bolt some turbos on that thing...

According to what I read there isn't a turbo version for emissions reasons. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done by a motivated individual.

mauiman84
05-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I can't afford the after market parts on it yet but they will be coming soon after. A turbo has crossed my mind but i'm not sure if my fiance would let me put it on there

Brew_Rock
06-28-2005, 08:19 PM
does anyone know the fine for Utah?

This is a hell of an old post but it's for Utah so I wanted to give my 411.

This state is very anal about anything on your car that can interfere with the reading of your license plates. The Fine for a Radar Jammer here is an upwards of $25,000.00 - The state I believe see's the laser jammer as similar from being able to disable or prevent police equipment from working as it normally would. So I wouldn't be suprised if it was an upwards of the same amount. LITAR is here in Utah but it's not that common - I would get a good detector and not worry about laser just yet here.

trazadone
07-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Brew_Rock: I came to this post late too!

I live in Central Utah. I work in health care and frequently talk with the County Sheriff Deputies when they come to the emergency room. I-15 runs through the center of the county and the deputies tell me that they love the LIDAR. Apparently, most (if not all) of the county's speed enforcement vehicles have LIDAR. I didn't ask what radar guns they use. I'm just getting to know some of the deputies, but I'll continue asking questions as I know them better. For example, which radar guns, any POP guns, do they often encounter Blinder owners, etc.

If I find anything interesting, I'll post it. I also searched the official utah.gov website, but didn't get any hits about laser jamming fines.