PDA

View Full Version : ? about veil on acura tl

nitro
07-28-2006, 08:38 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d193/phatbastard1/RightFront.jpg

I just had the blinder x-treme installed on vehicle along with the laser shield for front plate and was talking to the installer about veil. He said i wouldnt need veil because my lights are curved and not straight and flat. He said he used veil on his truck so he knew about the stuff, but since my lights are curved i wouldnt need it. Just looking for a second opinion........ That is not my actual vehicle but it is exactly the same with a front license plate.

nitro
07-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Anyone know if because of the massive curve in my headlights that laser guns will be forced to shoot somewhere else other then my headlights. Thinking about buying veil, but if the installer of the blinders opinion is true then veil really doesnt need to be applied to this vehicle. Just looking for other opinions, because maybe the installers opinion is not based on any truth of the matter.

Veil Guy
07-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Actually, that is entirely incorrect!

The part that's curved is transmissive in quality meaning that the IR light will pass perpendicularly through them and reflect perpendicularly back out [to the laser gun].

Like all untreated headlights, the point of concern is parabolic collectors/reflectors inside them that are specifically designed to reflect concentrate [and reflect] the light that emits from your bulbs.

The bad news is that they also do this to incoming IR laser light.

Only when VEIL is applied to them and those internals are completely eliminated from the equation will the curved surface actually help you. That's because now what ever remaining IR that reflects will now be reflected from the outer surface away from the laser gun.

Curved lights are the best kind of lights for VEIL's performance!

BTW, nice looking ride.

Veil Guy 8)

nitro
07-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Thanks, that was a very educational post and i am going to purchase some veil today. I think I am all set i have purchased the bel 995 and the m-20 blinder x-treme and the laser shield plate all within the last month. I am going to get the veil today, i think i am going to be stealthed...makes driving really fun!!!!