PDA

View Full Version : Veil on motorcycle windsheild.

cr500
08-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I will be putting veil on the headlight cover on my motorcycle ,but then the bike has a fairly big windsheild. I suppose the lazers would get a much better reading off the windsheild ,is this right. If I veil my windscreen ,will it be obvious? Will it make it blury to look through? With the bike ,I mostly look over the top of the shield so its not a saftery issue ,but I didnt want it to look rough.

SpaceEntity
08-06-2006, 06:08 PM
New guy here, but my guess is that since the windshield is clear and not metallic reflective, it would not bounce back a laser. I would think that it would be a waste of Veil and mess up your windshield vision.

Arashi666
08-06-2006, 09:32 PM
I will be putting veil on the headlight cover on my motorcycle ,but then the bike has a fairly big windsheild. I suppose the lazers would get a much better reading off the windsheild ,is this right. If I veil my windscreen ,will it be obvious? Will it make it blury to look through? With the bike ,I mostly look over the top of the shield so its not a saftery issue ,but I didnt want it to look rough.

Dont do it, it will look obviously darker than a regular windshield........and Laser goes right through, the next thing aside from the lights where Laser would reflect is maybe off your helmet if anything, bike windshields are like car windshields, the beams just pass right through and scatter

BTW...what kind of bike????????

cr500
08-07-2006, 12:46 AM
It will be a BMW K1200GT. I was just speaking to a radar salesman/installer who seemed to know his stuff. He just told me the same thing about windscreens, that the radar will go straight through. He recommended fitting a headlight cover during the day which he says is legal. The complete front of the bike is fairing, which covers most of the front suspension ,radiator, engine area. He also told me that if I have a dark helmet and dark jacket ,it will take longer, or bike have to be closer to get a reading. I will look into getting a headlight cover now.
What else can be done to reduce the signiture to lasers without resorting to jammers etc. I will definitley Veil the head light covers anyway and bikes dont have number plates where I am.

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 12:59 AM
It will be a BMW K1200GT. I was just speaking to a radar salesman/installer who seemed to know his stuff. He just told me the same thing about windscreens, that the radar will go straight through. He recommended fitting a headlight cover during the day which he says is legal. The complete front of the bike is fairing, which covers most of the front suspension ,radiator, engine area. He also told me that if I have a dark helmet and dark jacket ,it will take longer, or bike have to be closer to get a reading. I will look into getting a headlight cover now.
What else can be done to reduce the signiture to lasers without resorting to jammers etc. I will definitley Veil the head light covers anyway and bikes dont have number plates where I am.

on a bike thats really it besides a jammer, ..........now are we talking about Laser or RADAR because you mentioned RADAR here?????, and that front end is typical of most import street/sport bikes but no matter what you do to the bike you can never reduce the effectiveness of RADAR without breaking a few laws in the process

cr500
08-07-2006, 03:40 AM
Arashi666, Your right I meant lazer ,not radar.
Also ,I might even look into getting "trick tape" over my headlights as well as Veil as I,m told its (trick tape) legal in my area to have headlights covered during the day.

Veil Guy
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
cr500,

Strongly not recommended and not needed.

Windscreens are transmissive in nature, not reflective.

Treating headlights with VEIL good...windscreens baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

cr500
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Message recieved Veil Gug , I,ll keep it a loooooong way away from my windscreen and put the excess on my other car.

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 03:59 PM
cr500,

Strongly not recommended and not needed.

Windscreens are transmissive in nature, not reflective.

Treating headlights with VEIL good...windscreens baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

and so says the godly man who creatd VEIL :D :D :D :D :D

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
and as for this "Trick tape" WTF is it and what's it do???????????

Veil Guy
08-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Arashi666,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I work for a living. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Arashi666,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I work for a living. :wink:

Veil Guy 8)

Well..........your product brings us good times so youll stay that way over here.......you made my car into a 300ft PT VEIL only car, and for that I commend you on bringing us VEIL

Veil Guy
08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks, again. It was a team effort.

300ft is pretty dern good!

How did you figure the 300ft?

VG 8)

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 10:15 PM
One of Outrun's Videos, I was part of the testing:

http://www.radardetector.net/AL7-ONE-HEAD-ON-A-FORD-FOCUS-12912t.php

I was the Black Veil Only car

307ft @ 56mph vs. Marksman 20/20

Veil Guy
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Cool. I wasn't even aware of this.

I'll check it out.

VG 8)

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Cool. I wasn't even aware of this.

I'll check it out.

VG 8)

yeah its EXCELLENT proof that your product works like a charm.....and that was when it was starting to peel, imagine a fresh coat!!

Veil Guy
08-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Man oh man,

That is the nicest sounding Acura I have heard this side of an NSX.

Awesome.

What do you have in that badboy? Sub 14sec ET?

VG 8)

Arashi666
08-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Man oh man,

That is the nicest sounding Acura I have heard this side of an NSX.

Awesome.

What do you have in that badboy? Sub 14sec ET?

VG 8)

That sound you got was JUST my short ram intake, made by AEM, its AWESOME, totally drowns out the Exhaust at the high RPMs...everything else is STOCK

sub 14sec ET?????? you lost me

oh yeah and while were talking, me and my Bro use Vertical strokes to apply VEIL, whats your take on this?

Veil Guy
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Wow.

Sub 14sec ET -> under 14 seconds elapsed time (as in 1/4 mile time).

Vertical strokes are fine if they work for you. Sometimes we do vertical.

VG 8)

holein1
08-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow.

Sub 14sec ET -> under 14 seconds elapsed time (as in 1/4 mile time).

Vertical strokes are fine if they work for you. Sometimes we do vertical.

VG 8)

the cl's are around 16 sec. :wink: 300ft punch thourghs awesome!! :shock:

Veil Guy
08-08-2006, 06:23 PM
I expected his modified CL would do a bit better than that.

Did you hear his exhaust?

VG 8)

Arashi666
08-08-2006, 06:57 PM

VG 8)

Intake, Exhaust is totally drowned out....thats all Intake youre hearing

The only mods are Intake/exhaust, Really its just basically an I4 Accord EX so really its not that great, it just sounds REAL NICE and is pretty Stealth to boot......I dynoed it and it only got 100 WHP (of a rated 150 :o :o :o ) I gotta pull the numbers off my GT2 but will post my 0-60, 1/4mi, etc soon

oh yeah and if you wanna post this on the VEIL homepage, or say something about it thats fine by me, all the more reason to love my car, right!?!?!?!?!

holein1
08-09-2006, 12:13 AM

VG 8)

It's the CAI you are hearing but yeah not to shabby! A modded CL type s is fairly quick, high 13's with a 6 speed! The type S' have 100 + more HP though.

Arashi666
08-09-2006, 03:14 PM

VG 8)

It's the CAI you are hearing but yeah not to shabby! A modded CL type s is fairly quick, high 13's with a 6 speed! The type S' have 100 + more HP though.

SRI actually, I opted not for the CAI due to the ease of installation of the SRI......and you can sorta hear the exhaust on one of those shots when im going AWAY from the camera

Type-S CLs are nice but Im not too much a fan of the look of the 2nd gen CLs, I am definately a fan of that 3.2l V6 vs my little 2.2l I4

and thatnks for all the compliments, that SRI is amazing, especially once you get some walls or something like that to reverberate off of, its REAL nice