PDA

View Full Version : Veil application 3M clear fim bra

nitro
08-13-2006, 06:26 PM
I am going to probably apply veil to my headlights in the next few days. But i also have 3M clear bra film on my bumper and my hood, my hood I am not concerned about. I noticed from videos and such that some veil will drip onto the paint and it is simply removed using a wet towel or rubbing alcohol.

But i do not know if the veil will have any adverse affects if it drips at all on the 3M clear film bra. anybody know from experience on this or any ideas on this. I am just concerned it might discolor the 3m clear bra and cannot be removed becuase of the chemicals of veil or 3M material. For those that do not know what 3M clear bras are here is a link

http://www.mishield.com/kit2.shtml

nitro
08-13-2006, 08:55 PM
anyone with a clear bra nad using the veil prducts. Dunno what chemicals are in veil and neither with 3 M clear film paint. Would hate to have a veil drip on the 3m clear bra and soaks in and turns pink and will not wash off.

Or any great ideas on how to not alllow veil to not drip down on the bumper. My first attempt was duct tape which didnt turn out so well and got under the duct tape. No clear bra yet on that so rubbing alcohol just removed it. Any ideas?

jimbonzzz
08-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Just be careful and if you drip wipe it off quick, you'll probably be OK. Or, you could test with a small amount of VEIL beforehand in a place on the film that isn't very visible, to see if it is even an issue.

Gregor
08-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Or any great ideas on how to not alllow veil to not drip down on the bumper.

You can tape off with 3m blue tape. It works really well to keep the Veil from seeping under the tape. This is the 3/4 but there are thicker ones that work well too.
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/jsearch/product.jsp?pn=100032184

Its generally accepted that you will not be able to remove Veil from the 3m coating. This one of the reason's I've been hesitant to put the bra on might lights. Its hard to get it Veil on right and the first couple times its streaky. If you mess up the headlight cover you'll have to live with it until you get a new one. Best to practice on another car a couple times before you try it on the 3m cover.