PDA

View Full Version : TINTING HEAD & TAIL LIGHTS

jimntex
08-15-2006, 08:40 PM
What effect in reducing laser reflection would window tenting have compaired to Veil? I also posted this on Radar Detectors - General Forum

Arashi666
08-15-2006, 09:46 PM
I dont think window tint film will work too well, I doubt it can handle the elements too well, thats why tint is on the INSIDE side of the window...........thats my opinion on that

as for the Laser reflections.......i dunno, it would probably be cheaper and easier to just use VEIL.....IMO anyways

go.mouse
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Lidar requires a reflective surface such as the license plate, headlights, or bumper. Officers will not target your windshield, tint or not.

jimntex
08-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Tinting on headlights and tail lights?

Arashi666
08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Lidar requires a reflective surface such as the license plate, headlights, or bumper. Officers will not target your windshield, tint or not.

yeah mousie he was talking about tinting the LIGHTS

go.mouse
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Oops, my bad. I don't think the tint for headlights would do much though.

Arashi666
08-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Oops, my bad. I don't think the tint for headlights would do much though.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too, but wasnt sure, I just know that tint shouldnt be able to handle things like rain and all that

jimntex
08-15-2006, 10:29 PM
It would be intresting to see if anyone out there has tryed it. It would seem to reduce reflection of the lense and reflectors. I have a F150 FX4 with hudge lenses. I understand the tinting is made for inside of windows. It should be as tuff as veil. I may give it a try just to see what happens. I have seen some of the small tricked out and lowered cars have used the dark tents to get a black out effect.

jimbonzzz
08-15-2006, 10:34 PM
What effect in reducing laser reflection would window tenting have compaired to Veil? I also posted this on Radar Detectors - General Forum

Difficult to say for certain. But, tinting your lights might actually make matters even worse.

VEIL is specially designed to absorb most of the infrared, while letting as much visible light pass as possible. For some reason, people mistakenly believe that VEIL is designed to "kill the reflectivity" of all light. Although there is somewhat of a "tinting" or "diffusing" effect on visible light with VEIL, these are mainly side effects.

Window tint might seem like a good idea at first. But many window tints, especially metallic tints, are actually designed to reflect infrared (heat), i.e. to keep it out of your vehicle and keep your vehicle cool. Reflecting infrared is something you don't want, if you're trying to avoid police laser.

jimntex
08-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Arashi 666, I have a friend lives out in Southlake, It's a beautiful area. I'm out in Kaufman. This is all new stuff for me. I'm working on installing my Blaster M40 & M20n now. No EZ points to mount. I will end up having to do a lot of fab.

jimntex
08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Good point Jimbonzzz. Althiugh since it would be applied with any reflective surface twards the lamp I wonder if that would be a problem. I did order the Veil from Radar Roy when I purchased the blaster X's. I not a fan of the hazy look especially with the area I have to cover. Thanks for the input.

Arashi666
08-15-2006, 11:12 PM

Difficult to say for certain. But, tinting your lights might actually make matters even worse.

VEIL is specially designed to absorb most of the infrared, while letting as much visible light pass as possible. For some reason, people mistakenly believe that VEIL is designed to "kill the reflectivity" of all light. Although there is somewhat of a "tinting" or "diffusing" effect on visible light with VEIL, these are mainly side effects.

Window tint might seem like a good idea at first. But many window tints, especially metallic tints, are actually designed to reflect infrared (heat), i.e. to keep it out of your vehicle and keep your vehicle cool. Reflecting infrared is something you don't want, if you're trying to avoid police laser.

OH MY GOD i forgot about that, but it cant be any worse than the Reflector/projector behind the tint...........but yeah that is true, Tints are meant to reflect the heat, NOT absorb it

Arashi666
08-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Arashi 666, I have a friend lives out in Southlake, It's a beautiful area. I'm out in Kaufman. This is all new stuff for me. I'm working on installing my Blaster M40 & M20n now. No EZ points to mount. I will end up having to do a lot of fab.

yeah its fun and all, but going to high school here is just too tough, you can have like a 3.0 GPA and still end up in the bottom quartile of the class!!!!!!!! sux cuz colleges in TX look at CLASS RANK not GPA...along with SATs and stuff like that which I breezed through........

is your friend into RDs and stuff too????

jimntex
08-16-2006, 09:37 AM
No, spends all his time trying to pay the bills. He has two kids and a Russian wife. But she does break all the speed limits for being drop dead hot, so I canot falt him there. School is the same as anything life. You get out of it, what you put into it. Same thing with RD.