PDA

View Full Version : Veil staining my paint.

willsrx
09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
I just applied my veil to the front and rear tailights foglights and 3rd brake light. I had a little spillage of veil onto my rear bumper. I used alchohol right away to clean it up but it left a slight discoloration. Is there anything else anyone suggests to get that off or am I just screwed.

Arashi666
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM
got a little on my front bumper when doing mine, it ran past the masking tape, but I just wiped it off with some water, just a wet cloth right away, and my paint is fine

willsrx
09-18-2006, 11:14 PM
got a little on my front bumper when doing mine, it ran past the masking tape, but I just wiped it off with some water, just a wet cloth right away, and my paint is fine

I did not want to use water because the directions for cleaning the brushes said that it would harden if you use water to clean them, so I figured the same would apply for the bumpers.

Arashi666
09-18-2006, 11:35 PM
I think that might be the amount on the brush, the way I figure is that at its liqid form running onto my bumper that if I used just a towel with some water on it that it would just pick it up or atleast dillute it so bad that it would have no effect

Fact is I cant say for sure, you'd have to ask the Veilgu about that, but I can say that it did work for me, could be the water, the veil or my Car's paint job.....really I dont know :wink:

twood
09-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I just applied my veil to the front and rear tailights foglights and 3rd brake light. I had a little spillage of veil onto my rear bumper. I used alchohol right away to clean it up but it left a slight discoloration. Is there anything else anyone suggests to get that off or am I just screwed.

Try some liquid car polish.