PDA

View Full Version : Veil on Bi Xenon highlights? (Many other questions inside!)

Spanky
10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
What's goin on guys? :) I just found this forum yesterday and have been religiously reading all of the threads for hours :P Maybe I'm just sick or possibly infatuated with radar and beating out the cops as much as the rest of you :lol: I have an 06 Silverstone 350z and my very first purchase towards my car was a Valentine 1 :)

- Side question I suppose, but how do I know what version of Valentine 1 I have and that it may not already be outdated? I have been reading the threads a lot lately and am not really familiar with what the "E" stands for but I have not had that ever happen to me personally so I'm not aware of what it is? (Thanks in advance to whoever can hopefully answer that for me!)

- Back on topic though! lol I'm looking heavily into the Blinder M40 and am thinking about mounting if feasible, 3 in front and 1 in back or if worst comes to worst 2 and 2. My buddy just purchased a Subaru Sti and mounted 4 in the front and 0 in back for his M40 kit and I'm not sure what the effectiveness of this would be?

- Lastly, my 350z has the expensive bi-xenon headlights so I'm kind of weary to put the paint on the headlights. Has anyone else had any prior experience with using Veil on their bi-xenons? I searched for this topic earlier but to no avail, maybe I'm just a bad searcher :lol: I know it may darken the headlights in color but I'm more interested in the actual effects of the headlights brightness with the Veil paint applied.

Thank you guys so much in advance and sorry ahead of time for my long post! I initially started in my mind with one question but ended up having a lot more than I had thought! lol :lol:

Arashi666
10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Veil isnt really a paint, it is a dark liquid but not nearly thick enough to consider it like that............. Ive heard mixed things about this though....... some say HIDs arent that badly affected, some say that it just really shot down their light output........ my only suggestion, buy it and see what happens

all 4 blinder heads up front would help since im assuming the thing is silver (Silverstone????????).......... cops hardly shoot the rear, and for a big silver tail end like that one you'll definately need more than 1, so id say the 4 up front and rear can come later

I think the "E" is just some sort of error message, im not a V1 guy so im not sure

carter840
10-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I've got a 2006 range rover with Bi-Xenon i put veil on it all the time. Just do it. Your not even really messing with the lights, your just putting veil on a plasic light cover.

tvbi
10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
light output will be around 15 - 20% less but the most noticable difference is there won't be a cutoff line after you applied VEIL.

erickonphoenix
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
light output will be around 15 - 20% less but the most noticable difference is there won't be a cutoff line after you applied VEIL.

ditto for me. I don't drive much at night so I'm not bothered by it.
I have a silver car so I thought it might buy me a couple hundred feet of detectable range.

Congratz on the new Z, those cars are absolutely gorgeous.

Spanky
10-20-2006, 10:09 PM

ditto for me. I don't drive much at night so I'm not bothered by it.
I have a silver car so I thought it might buy me a couple hundred feet of detectable range.

Congratz on the new Z, those cars are absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you buddy :) And thanks to everyone else for their responses and input. I don't drive extraordinarily fast too often but it always seems like when I let my car loose there always seems to be a cop there to see it :lol: The 350z has been a fun car to drive :) Put 3,000 miles on her since I bought her 2 months ago! :oops: I think I'll be buying myself the M40 and Veil combo from Roy for myself for Christmas :lol:

Spanky
10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Veil isnt really a paint, it is a dark liquid but not nearly thick enough to consider it like that............. Ive heard mixed things about this though....... some say HIDs arent that badly affected, some say that it just really shot down their light output........ my only suggestion, buy it and see what happens

all 4 blinder heads up front would help since im assuming the thing is silver (Silverstone????????).......... cops hardly shoot the rear, and for a big silver tail end like that one you'll definately need more than 1, so id say the 4 up front and rear can come later

I think the "E" is just some sort of error message, im not a V1 guy so im not sure

My car is definitely a bright silver so I figure 4 in front would probably be the safest bet? The only times I've been shot with laser have been in the front of my car. In your opinion do you think there would really be any difference if I put one in the back and 3 in the front? Or 2 and 2? Just curious how the different combos affect the laser distance when cops are shooting me.

Arashi666
10-21-2006, 12:35 AM

My car is definitely a bright silver so I figure 4 in front would probably be the safest bet? The only times I've been shot with laser have been in the front of my car. In your opinion do you think there would really be any difference if I put one in the back and 3 in the front? Or 2 and 2? Just curious how the different combos affect the laser distance when cops are shooting me.

2 or 3 front doesnt sound too bad, because now that I think about that front end mounting 4 up there is pretty redundant, so take the front lower air dam, put 1 on each far side and 1 in the middle, any more than that is as I said before pretty redundant, so 1 in back is NOT such a bad idea, i'd do it

Spanky
10-21-2006, 06:40 AM

2 or 3 front doesnt sound too bad, because now that I think about that front end mounting 4 up there is pretty redundant, so take the front lower air dam, put 1 on each far side and 1 in the middle, any more than that is as I said before pretty redundant, so 1 in back is NOT such a bad idea, i'd do it

It made sense to me but I'm fairly new to laser jammers so I figured I'd ask. I may just end up installing 2 and 2, seems like the most logical way to go at it I suppose. Thanks again!

Arashi666
10-21-2006, 12:25 PM

It made sense to me but I'm fairly new to laser jammers so I figured I'd ask. I may just end up installing 2 and 2, seems like the most logical way to go at it I suppose. Thanks again!

I'd put the 2 off on the sides of the air dam, then 1 on the front plate, then 1 on the rear plate... because if you do put 2 in back where are they gonna go???? 1 on the plate and one where..... or if you split um up, then where are they gonna go at all????, not too many places back there where you can mount um and still protect your a$$, in fact I think there are none at all, so i'd say if anything a 3/1 layout

cr500
10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
On this same thread ,are the actual xenon headlights harder or reasier for a laser to get a reading on? Any difference? Is the light or reflector smaller on these xenon lights?
I<m thinking of getting an extra light cover for my bike. One fairly heavily Veiled one for day time ,then remove it for nighttime.