PDA

View Full Version : What is instant-on?

zoogme
06-01-2005, 01:14 PM
What is it? Also is there a detector that can detect it? V1??? 8500???

thx in advance

zoog

Radar Roy
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Well all detectors can detect Instant on, that is if the radar gun is turned on.

Instant on basically means that an officer can put the radar gun into standby mode, not sending out any signal. A radar detector cannot detect the gun at this point as it is not sending out signal.

The officer waits till a target vehicle is within range, turns on the gun, and clocks the car.

We have tips here about instant on: http://www.radarbusters.com/support/maximize-detector/4.asp

crazyVOLVOrob
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
rated detectors can detect instant on Radar...

What if it is the officer has the radar unit in the car on standby and when he sees a car he think might be speeding, he turns the radar on just long enough to register the speed of the car unless around a 2-3second burst of radar waves are emitted which is enough for the top rated detectors to get.....

Many people confuse instant on as POP but it's not the same thing

zoogme
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
thx for clarifying that. I just purchased a 05 Mustang GT and there are lots of Radar they shoot in Kansas City. Thanks Roy for the plate cover. Front plates are something cops ticket if they are shoot laser and you have no plate. i received a 85 dollar ticket for no front plate the 3rd day i had it! BAstards!

crazyVOLVOrob
06-01-2005, 01:29 PM
PLate cover won't be enough cause if they can't get your plate they are trained to then shoot your headlight...I recomend VEIL Stealth Coating to give yourself a better chance

zoogme
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
does it dry clear? All the pics i see look very ghetto for a new car? this is a pic of my new car http://www.seriouswheels.com/2005/2005-Ford-Mustang-Production-White-1280x960.htm

Arvetus
06-01-2005, 03:02 PM
The best way to fight instant on is to pay attention to your detector, and know the area you are traveling so you know where all the falses are. If you have traffic ahead of you, and you notice that your detector goes off for a second or two and then silent...and it repeats this process several times, getting stronger as you go along, you're probably up against an officer up ahead running instant-on. They will sit with their guns in stand-by and then fire it up for a second or two to clock a passing car. If you have no cars in front of you, then just like laser, by the time you detect it, it will be too late. Traffic in front of you is a good thing!!

Instant-on is different than POP because instant-on is fired up for at least a couple seconds. With POP, the gun is on for milliseconds.

crazyVOLVOrob
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
does it dry clear? All the pics i see look very ghetto for a new car? this is a pic of my new car http://www.seriouswheels.com/2005/2005-Ford-Mustang-Production-White-1280x960.htmIt puts alittle tint to the headlights...But anyway the best way for you to deal will laser is invest in a Laser Jammer since your car is one of the worst colors you can have to go against laser...next time go for a darker color if laser is your concern

zoogme
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
i wanted black :(

crazyVOLVOrob
06-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Well VEIL is hardly noticable once you get good at it and having it on you head lights and fog lights would help a bit