PDA

View Full Version : How long does it last?

Inferno
12-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,
I've been doing a lot of reading lately and i have a few questions.

How long does one coat of Veil Last?
How does rain affect the life of the coat?

Side Question - Theres all this stuff about laser deflection and shifting but I really dont get hit with laser that much. 19/20 times my passport8500x50 goes off its K or KA band. Is there anything to reduce the range of radar? or produce JTG's to those guns?

kpatz
12-27-2006, 06:13 AM
If applied properly and allowed to dry properly, Veil can last a long time. I had a coat on my Saturn for over a year and never needed to reapply.

I have a thinned coat on my Audi headlights and it's holding up well too. Veil is tough stuff once it dries. As long as it doesn't rain ammonia or rubbing alcohol you should be fine. ;)

TSi+WRX
12-27-2006, 07:11 AM
kpatz -

Have you run in to the lens-staining issue with having VEIL on for so long?

So far, I've only read one report of it here, but I just wanted a bit more reassurance/data from others who've used it for extended periods.

Thanks!

LazerRadar
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
how can you tell when the Veil application is no longer there?

holein1
12-28-2006, 04:30 PM
2.5 years now! :P

AirMoore
12-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Side Question - Theres all this stuff about laser deflection and shifting but I really dont get hit with laser that much. 19/20 times my passport8500x50 goes off its K or KA band. Is there anything to reduce the range of radar? or produce JTG's to those guns?

No.

holein1
12-28-2006, 08:33 PM

No.

Well he could buy a RMR detector! :wink: :lol: :lol:

stealthJamal
12-29-2006, 03:32 AM
At one point in time on my previous car I had Veil on it for about over a year (Veil to help my ZR3 I used to use) and it was still going strong. After a year Veil was as effective at absorbing lidar and making my headlights look dirty as it was when it was new.

Toronto-radar-chopper
01-07-2007, 12:42 AM
X2.

Veil does a great job at making your car look dirty. I find it looks like my 4 year old nephew took a sharpie and went to town on my head lights.

crazyVOLVOrob
01-07-2007, 05:03 AM
X2.

Veil does a great job at making your car look dirty. I find it looks like my 4 year old nephew took a sharpie and went to town on my head lights.watch the video n how to apply cause you obviously have no clue how to apply it

Toronto-radar-chopper
01-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Did so and the results were not similar to that of the video. I kept my results to myself until I started hearing of other members experiencing the same thing.

Like I keep saying, it is hard to practice the install when you buy it for the first time and have the typical skills that a average person would have.

I don't doubt that with your skills and talent you can not do it and make it look perfect, but many others can not.

TSi+WRX
01-07-2007, 12:06 PM
There's a few pictures around here from a fellow Subaru enthusiast, who repeated his coating application on his '06 STI after an unsatisfactory first-time attempt.

His second time at it was an absolute gorgeous result.

In so far as the close-up pictures could verify, his coating looked almost as smooth as one of those vinyl Rockblocker overlays.

It's definitely possible. :)

Toronto-radar-chopper
01-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Maybe a good thread idea. Suggestions on how to install veil successfully, true stories from real people.

If anyone wants a new can of Veil, PM and I will ship it to you. I used a little bit for testing and was not happy. Having said this, I know have a LPP so Veil is not required.

I firmly believe if your jammer is doing the job it should, then nothing else should be needed to increase your defence to laser.

Veil Guy
01-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Inferno,

Five years and counting!

Veil Guy 8)

solarismka
02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
If applied properly and allowed to dry properly, Veil can last a long time. I had a coat on my Saturn for over a year and never needed to reapply.

I have a thinned coat on my Audi headlights and it's holding up well too. Veil is tough stuff once it dries. As long as it doesn't rain ammonia or rubbing alcohol you should be fine. ;)

So much for that, the weather in Ontario is fracked!!!