PDA

View Full Version : Veil or Laser Shield ? Which to buy first ?

Flix
01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I drive with a v-1 , state plate required .

To add proctection against laser , which above product give the biggest bang for the $ ?

Being limited financially which should I buy first for now ?

What is your experience ?

Thanks ....cant afford jammer for now .

TSi+WRX
01-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd just get the "kit" from Roy's - the LaserShield is only $10 extra over the cost of VEIL, pack yourself a PB&J for lunch and skip coffee for the day, and you've got that, plus enough for shipping, too, probably.

However, it's also no secret here that VEIL will supposedly be reformulated within the coming quarter, to at the very least be easier to apply - couple that to the fact that if you live in an area of the country where it's cold/wet now, and you won't be able to get VEIL to "set" correctly, and I'd say that unless you either are outside of such climates or have a heated garage, to just save your money for the time being.

:)

Flix
01-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Tsi , thanks for the feedback....

Saving money is my new motto....Yeah ....

TSi+WRX
01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
^ No problem - trust me, I know the feeling. :)

I do all of my purchases with "ready cash." It keeps me out of trouble, and, of course, keeps my long-term plans on-track.

Good for you! :)

Won Hunglo
01-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Go jammer first or you are spinning your wheels.

Arashi666
01-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Go jammer first or you are spinning your wheels.

agreed.............. but veil/LS never hurts..... well it does hurt your wallet, but thats about it

it hurts to the point that I thik I might not pay to re-apply after getting my buddy's AL G8 :? :?

TSi+WRX
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I dunno....

There's pretty good video evidence that on certain vehicles - those with (1) dark, non-metallic paint, (2) small frontal areas, (3) highly curvaceous frontal aspects, (4) lacking a front plate (or "dressed" front plate, using either VEIL and/or LaserShield) - that when they are dressed with VEIL over their critical hardpoints, they can indeed decrease, significantly, detection distances.

I agree, though, that I would, if at all possible, seek primary protection through active jamming, first and foremost - but I also think that should this be cost-prohibitive, "smart speeding" combined with VEIL and/or LaserShield isn't, by far, totally ineffective.

Arashi666
01-16-2007, 08:28 PM
I dunno....

There's pretty good video evidence that on certain vehicles - those with (1) dark, non-metallic paint, (2) small frontal areas, (3) highly curvaceous frontal aspects, (4) lacking a front plate (or "dressed" front plate, using either VEIL and/or LaserShield) - that when they are dressed with VEIL over their critical hardpoints, they can indeed decrease, significantly, detection distances.

I agree, though, that I would, if at all possible, seek primary protection through active jamming, first and foremost - but I also think that should this be cost-prohibitive, "smart speeding" combined with VEIL and/or LaserShield isn't, by far, totally ineffective.

My car would be such an example of an "Ideal circumstances" car, its black (not metallic or too glossy, but not exactly flat), its got a well curved front end made in large part by plastic (FRP if you wanna be @nal about it), no front plate and relatively small surface area of lights..... put all that together and ive pushed the gun back to 300 feet......... i dont care how it works on others' cars, this is how it is on mine, and I love it.... base shot was definately over 1k ft.... not certain because I was shot by an officer that wrote me the ticket, and I wasnt into LIDAR at the time..... i'll try to get a base shot with that Marksman, but rental will REALLY burn a hole in my pocket :cry: