PDA

View Full Version : Jamming of a Riegel FG21-P

Ali-Gator
01-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi,
here in Germany the Riegl FG21-P Lasergun is quit popular. Does anybody have informations about jamming the Riegl FG21-P and a possible jamming code like E14 on the display of that Lasergun?

Greetz from Germany
Ali-Gator :?:

BiGeAsYgUy
01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi,
here in Germany the Riegl FG21-P Lasergun is quit popular. Does anybody have informations about jamming the Riegl FG21-P and a possible jamming code like E14 on the display of that Lasergun?

Greetz from Germany
Ali-Gator :?:

Sounds like a question for Radar Roy to me.

Radar Roy
01-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Well never seen one of these guns, so hard for me to answer.
Got a call into Blinder International now to see if they can be of assistance

jbird
01-25-2005, 04:22 PM
According to the following link in french, this gun uses 730 nm instead of the standard 904 nm laser band.

http://www.gendre.org/radars/technique/reiglf.php

I would wait for radar roy to confirm, but I doubt the Blinder would work against this gun. Good thing this band is not approved in the USA yet as most laser detectors don't go below 850 nm and there is not a commercially available jammer that I know of that would work against this gun. What would probably work would be a powerful 730nm light source discretely hidden on your car, but probably would cause some kind of excessive exposure error to appear on the gun.

SmaartAasSaabr
01-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Hmm...

only one solution - drive faster than 250km/h! :lol:

Radar Roy
01-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Ok, got an answer from Blinder International

The M-20 and M-40 WILL jam the Riegl FG21-P, however because of the frequency difference, it may sometimes give off an error code.

Blinder hopes to bring out this gun to the June testing at SML

Ali-Gator
01-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Hi,

thanks for the Feedback !!! I had the chance to test the M20 vs the Riegl 21P yesterday myselfe. It's true what Blinder wrote back. The Riegl had no readout on speed but it also had a jammed readout.

Ali-Gator

BMW_525_TDS
03-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi,

Since Croatia is close to Slovenia and in Slovenia they are using ONLY Riegl Guns, we have tested it against our device, Both models LR90-235 and FG21 ware jammed to the gun. Error code for "Jamming" was announced in last 50m from gun. (Commercial version of firmware is reseted after 7. seconds so you can not get in this range). Also AntiLaser is working as parking monitor, This function we have added for markets where jamming is not so legal. .:-)

Riegl LR 90

http://83.64.189.43/s/ivan/lr90.jpg

Riegl FG 21

http://83.64.189.43/s/ivan/fg21.jpg

AntiLaser (under the license plate.. :-)

http://83.64.189.43/s/ivan/jammer.jpg

brick
03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Also AntiLaser is working as parking monitor, This function we have added for markets where jamming is not so legal. .:-)

Ok, that is brilliant.

SETITOFF
03-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Also AntiLaser is working as parking monitor, This function we have added for markets where jamming is not so legal. .:-)

Ok, that is brilliant.

Theory: Parking assist systems a possible source of false alarms to RDs? I'm not talking the rearview camera feature. Comments? Ideas? Anybody?

antilaser
03-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Theory: Parking assist systems a possible source of false alarms to RDs? I'm not talking the rearview camera feature. Comments? Ideas? Anybody?

Aren't regular parking sensors based on ultrasonic sound echo? How could ultrasound set off RD?
There are safety distance sensors for cruise controls that operate on 24GHz but they are extremely rare.

SETITOFF
03-15-2005, 07:49 AM

Aren't regular parking sensors based on ultrasonic sound echo? How could ultrasound set off RD?
There are safety distance sensors for cruise controls that operate on 24GHz but they are extremely rare.

I don't know what the parking assist systems use. Wouldn't know if I came up on one. I don't know everything, but I do know a little about a lot.

antilaser
03-16-2005, 03:30 AM
The following link may be of interest to you:

http://www.global-electronics.net/id/24517/CMEntries_ID/72634

Its about instaling and using radars in cars, 24 GHz frequency (K band). They will definitly set off RDs from a far.

SETITOFF
03-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Thanks laser, that is very good info for the EU. And it is something that could be implemented here in the US.

So what do parking assist systems operate from? Sonar or radar?

BMW_525_TDS
03-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Our parking monitor operates at 904 nm :-)

SETITOFF
03-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Ah, laser...hmmmmm; I learn something new every day :D

Flitsservice.nl
03-17-2005, 03:28 PM
I still didn't get a test model from you guys?

:roll:

Flitsservice.nl
03-17-2005, 03:32 PM
I had once a Riegl against me in Germany at Dreieck Spreewald. LE-20 gave alarm and I hit the brakes. I wasn't stopt.

With laser: When you brake good, the laser is usually unable to get a speed reading. That's because it fires a 100 pulses a ms to get distance and time. That makes speed. When you brake it cannot calculate speed, because it takes several readings. If the speed is within certain margins it can calculate the average speed (within 0,3 sec). When you brake, the speed on every reading is out of this margin. We have tested this.

antilaser
03-17-2005, 04:22 PM
With laser: When you brake good, the laser is usually unable to get a speed reading.

According to our tests it really needs to be heavy braking with most lasers. LaserPatrol is a bit more sensitive in this so it will point E12 (unstable measurement) even on medium braking. ProLaser3 displays speed regardless of braking. That LaserPatrol is the most delicate/fragile/sensitive lidar of the bunch.

JTW
04-07-2005, 01:49 AM
The Laser Patrol has the best error trapping of ALL the guns in production throughout the world. Germany has set strict standards on this technology to ensure its citizens are not given tickets with bad readings. This is wonderful!

Veil Guy
04-07-2005, 06:10 AM
JTW,

Who makes the LP? I have never seen of this gun until posts have appeared on this forum?

Do you have a link?

The Veil Guy 8)

antilaser
04-07-2005, 07:45 AM
LaserPatrol is made by Jenoptik Germany. It is labeled and sold also as Traffipatrol, StarLaser, MestaLaser. Below is a link to the manufacturer and to one other distributor. Last link is to my site where you can find aditional pictures of those lidars.

http://www.jenoptik-los.de/cms.php?pageid=288&lang=1

http://www.robot.de/english/traffipax/traffipatrol1.html

www.antilaser.info/1

Veil Guy
04-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Is is correct to assume that this may be a more user friendly version than the naval binocular design of the Laveg unit?

The Veil Guy 8)

Clandestine
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi, antilaser, I've been following your product for a lkong time now, never had enough guts and money to buy one, though, but I must say you did a remarkable job!! A jammer well worth buying. I recommended you to www.kmph.co.uk, I wonder if you did any testing and bussiness...

Regards from SLO.

p.s. The list of bands used in Europe is lacking Croatia - perhaps you could update us, I know they use Multanovas on Ka, anything else?

BMW_525_TDS
07-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Multanova Ka - Photo
Gatso K - Photo
Falcon K - Handheld instant on
Komar X
Marksman LTI 20.20
Multanova StarLaser
Robot Traffipatrol
Travimo cars (10 new)

RSR Motorsport (Ljubljana) is our representative in SLO.

sethy
07-02-2005, 03:12 PM
This is a recent pic frtom SML, riegl vs the lidatek. This is what it displayed

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9428/img21527is.jpg

Crash
07-02-2005, 04:03 PM
This is a recent pic frtom SML, riegl vs the lidatek. This is what it displayed

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/9428/img21527is.jpg

Was that the FG21? Or the 235? Also, what range did the JAMMED indication occur at?

happya$$
07-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Sethy where did you get that picture?

SmaartAasSaabr
07-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I'll go out on a limb here, but I'll say the pic came from...

a camera.

sethy
07-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Took that picture at SML when leon & I were doing preliminarys.

As for the model of the reigl, I really dont know...

Crash
07-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Took that picture at SML when leon & I were doing preliminarys.

As for the model of the reigl, I really dont know...

Did the "JAMMED" indicator appear at all distances or only at close range?

sethy
07-03-2005, 10:03 AM
All distances

Crash
07-03-2005, 11:26 AM
All distances

All distances? Well, luckily we don´t have any FG21 guns...

sethy
07-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Well, the thing took FOREVER to display 'JAMMED' I mean after you pulled the trigger, you had to wait a good 10-15 seconds to get a reading.

Crash
07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
So, if I turned it off after 5 seconds it wouldn´t display a JAMMED signal at all? I´m asking this because these guns are being used in Germany and I might square off against these...

sethy
07-04-2005, 12:46 AM
So, if I turned it off after 5 seconds it wouldn´t display a JAMMED signal at all? I´m asking this because these guns are being used in Germany and I might square off against these...

I believe it would not display jammed if you turned it off in a decent amount of time.

Crash
07-04-2005, 02:05 AM

I believe it would not display jammed if you turned it off in a decent amount of time.

Thanks for the input Sethy :wink:

BMW_525_TDS
07-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Showing Jammed on any lidar (LaserPatrol, Traffipatrol,StarLaser, Riegl..)will give you a BIG ticket all over Europe.. :-( (about 600€)

Crash
07-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Showing Jammed on any lidar (LaserPatrol, Traffipatrol,StarLaser, Riegl..)will give you a BIG ticket all over Europe.. :-( (about 600€)

Sadly, Ivan is right. Europe sucks in this department.

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 08:56 AM
It doesn't suck at all, with all due respect. YOU are actively jamming the police in doing their job! That is part of the game we are playing.

In Holland you can cout on about 300 euro's and confiscating the equipment.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 08:58 AM
I am 100% positive that E04 jamming code does show up IMMEDIATELY on the Stalker when fired upon the Blinder. What is funny about all this is that I was told a while back that Lidatek gives off the least amount of jamming codes that is why it is SO popular in Europe compared to the Blinder

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 09:32 AM
The LE-20 and now the Target LT-400 are populair because they don't give the E14 jammed codes on the LaserPatrol.

The thing is that if you let it jam for the 7 seconds, if I would be police, I would get suspicious. So I advise people in Holland to let it jam for 2 seconds, brake in that time and switch it off.

I have been playing around for 3 years with a lasergun to know how long it takes to get a reading and 7 seconds jamming is really to long.

sethy
07-06-2005, 09:34 AM
I am 100% positive that E04 jamming code does show up IMMEDIATELY on the Stalker when fired upon the Blinder. What is funny about all this is that I was told a while back that Lidatek gives off the least amount of jamming codes that is why it is SO popular in Europe compared to the Blinder

Wasn't aware of that, I am remembering a couple seconds going by before it displays e04.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 09:42 AM

Wasn't aware of that, I am remembering a couple seconds going by before it displays e04.

We will find out on 7/16 and put the issue to rest

Crash
07-06-2005, 09:55 AM
It doesn't suck at all, with all due respect. YOU are actively jamming the police in doing their job! That is part of the game we are playing.

The Police may be doing their jobs, but the politicians are passing laws which are meant to fill up the leaky state budget, not actually improve road safety. You´re only paying 300 EUR plus confiscation if you get caught. I gotta pay 600 EUR AT THE MINIMUM plus confiscation. As far as I´m concerned I would buy an EMP generator were it available and just fry every piece of police measuring equipment I could lay my eyes on. We have way more problems with cell phone driving, drunk driving and idiots disregarding the use of turn signals. Speeding is just hyped up so the state has a reason to impose such hefty fines.

happya$$
07-06-2005, 10:05 AM
AMEN to that Crash WELL said!

The Police may be doing their jobs, but the politicians are passing laws which are meant to fill up the leaky state budget, not actually improve road safety. You´re only paying 300 EUR plus confiscation if you get caught. I gotta pay 600 EUR AT THE MINIMUM plus confiscation. As far as I´m concerned I would buy an EMP generator were it available and just fry every piece of police measuring equipment I could lay my eyes on. We have way more problems with cell phone driving, drunk driving and idiots disregarding the use of turn signals. Speeding is just hyped up so the state has a reason to impose such hefty fines.

Flitsservice.nl
07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
You (and not the police) are actively jamming the police. Would you not have a jammer if you hardly ever saw them? The rest you write is ofcourse true, but does it make that your "crime" any lesser? You jam the police and that is not allowed, simple as that. That is part of the game we (me included) play; you can get caugt.
You have to realize that the police didn't force you to build in jammer, the same way the police didn't force you to put your foot to the metal and speed. It is a cat and mouse game we play.

About your speech: Why don't you make a site like www.safespeed.org.uk? Me and my scientist at Flitsservice.nl are in close contact with this person and we are in an international information exchange mailgroup. We share research. If our governmental Board of Traffic Safety comes with some lunatik statement where they reference to research reports from Australia, we have people in Australia that can look up this report and give us the details. I am in contact with some politicians here to open there eyes about traffic safety, tomorrow I will be interviewed for a newsprogram about people frying up fixed photoradar positions. If you want to change policy, you have got to do more then hang around a forum.
I have the same issue in Holland. Lot of people on my forum, complaining about the sppedlimits and how they demote our highways to some urban roads etc, but action? Writing to political parties? Organising demonstrations? Nope, none of that. A few at the most.
So you are saying that "We have way more problems with cell phone driving, drunk driving and idiots disregarding the use of turn signals. " Can you prove that, or is that just a hunch? My people can prove that, so when I am on TV in discussion with somebody of the police for instance, I can kick his ass (and I did). I invite you and anybody else here to do this in your country.

(I am playing also the role of advocate of the devil here) 8)

SmaartAasSaabr
07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes got to get busy. But, the thing is, people who do all kinds of this activity, ie organize protest, or write letters all the time are the people who have no job and smoke marijunana all the time, and want to "Save the whales!" or whatever. Most of us who drive cars, and don't like speedlimits, we have jobs and family and don't have enough time... :?

Crash
07-06-2005, 03:55 PM
You (and not the police) are actively jamming the police. Would you not have a jammer if you hardly ever saw them? The rest you write is ofcourse true, but does it make that your "crime" any lesser? You jam the police and that is not allowed, simple as that. That is part of the game we (me included) play; you can get caugt.
You have to realize that the police didn't force you to build in jammer, the same way the police didn't force you to put your foot to the metal and speed. It is a cat and mouse game we play.

About your speech: Why don't you make a site like www.safespeed.org.uk? Me and my scientist at Flitsservice.nl are in close contact with this person and we are in an international information exchange mailgroup. We share research. If our governmental Board of Traffic Safety comes with some lunatik statement where they reference to research reports from Australia, we have people in Australia that can look up this report and give us the details. I am in contact with some politicians here to open there eyes about traffic safety, tomorrow I will be interviewed for a newsprogram about people frying up fixed photoradar positions. If you want to change policy, you have got to do more then hang around a forum.
I have the same issue in Holland. Lot of people on my forum, complaining about the sppedlimits and how they demote our highways to some urban roads etc, but action? Writing to political parties? Organising demonstrations? Nope, none of that. A few at the most.
So you are saying that "We have way more problems with cell phone driving, drunk driving and idiots disregarding the use of turn signals. " Can you prove that, or is that just a hunch? My people can prove that, so when I am on TV in discussion with somebody of the police for instance, I can kick his *BEEP* (and I did). I invite you and anybody else here to do this in your country.

(I am playing also the role of advocate of the devil here) 8)

First of all, I wasn´t talking about the Police with the "sucks" comment. I was referring to the state of affairs regarding our traffic liberties. I do not commit a "crime" when I jam a police gun, I am commiting an "offence", although the word you decided to use does somewhat reflect the thought process of many uneducated members of the public and the so called traffic experts who do nothing but sit in their offices their entire workday, without spending half as much time on the roads as the average driver. About the cell phones, turn signals and alike, it is far from simply being a hunch. In the last month I have had THREE (3!) female drivers in SUVs weighing in at over two tons each narrowly escape crashing into my vehicle (an escape in which, I might add, I contributed 100% by performing evasive action - those women just kept on going in my direction). Enough with the rant, time for the facts: Every fifth driver I see driving around is using a cell phone and this of course causes them to disregard basic rules such as turn signals, checking mirrors and is often a cause of a near-collision or in fact an accident. Simply not using turn signals is another problem. I am overtaking the car when it suddenly turns left without any prior indication - the driver of course proceeds to yell at me for being a hooligan :roll: . Right... Carry on: slow drivers. How many times do you see people driving well below the speed limit for no apparent reason? This includes fast lane warriors who will not move no matter what. A good example was me coming up towards a vehicle from behind. The freeway was COMPLETELY empty, just me and that guy (umm, actually, it was a woman - what is it with women and driving?). I was doing 155 mph and she was doing 60 mph - on the FAST lane. I was flashing my high beams from a quarter mile away to no avail. I had to slow down to 60, sound the horn a few times and FINALLY the lady moved. Also, when I checked the mirrors, there she was again, hugging the fast lane... This, of course, is just one of many examples, but I don´t feel like writing all of them up... As far as I´m concerned, I very rarely encounter a dangerous situation which is created by speed. Of course there are maniacs on the road, but those are few and far inbetween. Most accidents occur either because the driver was doing something else besides driving (cell phone, smoking, drinking, eating) or simply due to lack of attention to traffic around them (rear-view mirrors anyone?), while turn signals are virtually an extinct species. Of course most of the drivers are retarded and the government wouldn´t be doing itself any favors in the elections by actually devising a penalty scheme that would punish incompetent drivers. Most accidents are blamed on speed and some of them are blamed on alcohol (haven´t included it in the writeup since we should all agree the driving and booze don´t mix). Very seldom, however, do I actually see a report stating that a driver was responsible for an accident with his lack of turn signal and rear-view mirror usage. The only mirror in use in most cars is the thing chicks use to apply make-up - of course they´re the ones to blame for most accidents. Rarely, however, are they directly involved in them. Do you know that a penalty for doing 50 km/h over the speed limit on the highway is bigger than the penalty for driving in the opposite direction?! I would gladly organize a movement to change traffic laws, but most people are really complacent in their ignorance and that´s the biggest barrier. If it were for me, driving tests would be infinitely harder, advanced driving school would be part of the curriculum, requiring of the student to demonstrate knowledge of resolving critical situations and make several hours of highway high-speed driving mandatory during driving school. It is very unlikely to happen, though, as more and more liberties are being taken away from us. I would expect that with the taxes I have to pay in these United Socialist States of Europe I would at least be able to drive without being harrassed by the police. Alas, it isn´t so. Flitsservice, I may perhaps contact you about the organization in a few months, should I acquire enough potential supporters.

Regards,

One very distrought gentleman

Flitsservice.nl
07-07-2005, 06:38 AM
You are welcome ;-)

BMW_525_TDS
07-09-2005, 04:04 PM
this should be a post about riegl gun right?

SmaartAasSaabr
07-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Of course most of the drivers are retarded and the government wouldn´t be doing itself any favors in the elections by actually devising a penalty scheme that would punish incompetent drivers. Most accidents are blamed on speed and some of them are blamed on alcohol (haven´t included it in the writeup since we should all agree the driving and booze don´t mix).

Regards,

One very distrought gentleman

I don't think so. Everybody gets speeding tickets.

What is quite wrong IMO is the many studies about "alcohol-related crashes" and "speed-related crashes".

What is an alcohol-related crash? A drunk driver hits a pole - yes. A driver rear ends someone, and there is a man on his lawn 20 metres away who has a beer in his hand - also an alcohol-related collision. :roll:

Flitsservice.nl
07-09-2005, 04:15 PM
We read those reports and we look at the people behind it. For some reason thos people are usually left wing anti car people who want to drive as slow as possible on the highway, using the enviroment as an excuse to make driving impossible.,

SmaartAasSaabr
07-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Exactly.

Most of them in the USA are coming from companies hired by insurance companies, or by their own lobby group anyway (IIHS). What does the insurance want? You'd think they'd be interested in reducing crashes. Because, then they don't have to fix as many cars. But no... they go for the bigger carrot. They pressure to reduce speed limits, more demerits on speeding, etc. Why? So that they can raise their premiums higher as more people get tickets, because they know that nobody will be dumb enough to drive at the underposted speed. And they donate lidar guns all the time to the police so they can get even more!

Crash
07-09-2005, 05:59 PM
this should be a post about riegl gun right?

Can´t argue with you there.

SmaartAssSaabr:
Not everybody gets speeding tickets. Some people just drive so damn slow (either from fear or sheer ignorance, thinking they´re the only ones on the road). As for insurance companies, one does sometimes wish arson were permitted...

SmaartAasSaabr
07-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Not everybody gets speeding tickets. Some people just drive so *BEEP* slow (either from fear or sheer ignorance, thinking they´re the only ones on the road). As for insurance companies, one does sometimes wish arson were permitted...

Speed limits must be higher where you're from! :lol:

Crash
07-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Not everybody gets speeding tickets. Some people just drive so *BEEP* slow (either from fear or sheer ignorance, thinking they´re the only ones on the road). As for insurance companies, one does sometimes wish arson were permitted...

Speed limits must be higher where you're from! :lol:

50 km/h (with most of the 4-lane roads having a limit of 60 km/h, some even 70 km/h) in urban areas.

90 km/h on normal two-lane roads outside of urban areas.

100 km/h on two-lane roads reserved for motorized traffic.

130 km/h on highways.

Luckily, the fastest I´ve ever been caught was doing 176 km/h on a highway when counting in all the tolerances which amounted to no penalty points and only 200 CDN split in half if paid in 8 days (100 CDN). Anyway, that was in the end of last year. Since 1/1/2005 I´d pay 400 CDN and get 3 penalty points. What can I say, the politicians need to fill their budget... But like I said, many people (especially women) drive below the speed limits, claiming that anyone who breaks them surely has a small weiner ( :lol: :lol: :lol: )! I just can´t understand how you´re allowed to get a drivers´ license when you´re afraid of speed?! Like I said, the best vents are those on the freeway when I come from the back at usually over 200 km/h and some nutjob is hugging the left lane, usually at well under 100 km/h. I´ve stopped overtaking on the right in most cases since such stupidity (on my part) almost got me killed once...

Also, who said anything about Canada being dangerous for speeders? I spent some time in Toronto in 2001 with my cuz and in the evenings we could always get away with doing over 180 km/h... Although that might have had something to do with all the fast and the furious movie impersonations going on on the streets at the time... Ties up the police force nicely :wink:

SmaartAasSaabr
07-10-2005, 06:43 PM
In Toronto they have some Camaro B4C's hunting the racers :lol:

In Quebec this is what we have:
30km/h limit (suburban roads where municipality says so)
40km/h limit (same)
50km/h limit - potentially any kind of road
70km/h - limited access highways within Montreal
90km/h limit - 2 lane highways outside of "towns" (which is basically a tree and a barn, then they are 50)
100km/h - limited access highway outside Mtl.

So the safe speed to drive is more like
30-60
30-70
45 - 100
70 - 170 (traffic)
Anything
100 - anything

Crash
07-10-2005, 06:53 PM
In Toronto they have some Camaro B4C's hunting the racers :lol:

In Quebec this is what we have:
30km/h limit (suburban roads where municipality says so)
40km/h limit (same)
50km/h limit - potentially any kind of road
70km/h - limited access highways within Montreal
90km/h limit - 2 lane highways outside of "towns" (which is basically a tree and a barn, then they are 50)
100km/h - limited access highway outside Mtl.

So the safe speed to drive is more like
30-60
30-70
45 - 100
70 - 170 (traffic)
Anything
100 - anything

70 km/h on a limited access highway? And I thought we were a police state :roll: ...
What can I say? I do like the traffic possibilities. 170 km/h isn´t too shabby :wink:

SmaartAasSaabr
07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I think they try to get the limit in regards to travel speed. So like on a 70 road one of them you can hit 170 at times, but everyone else is slower usually :? but on most of them 1/2 the time you are only going 2 km/h or something (stupid traffic) otherwise you can go 110 plus.

Clandestine
09-20-2005, 12:06 PM
According to the following link in french, this gun uses 730 nm instead of the standard 904 nm laser band.

http://www.gendre.org/radars/technique/reiglf.php

I would wait for radar roy to confirm, but I doubt the Blinder would work against this gun. Good thing this band is not approved in the USA yet as most laser detectors don't go below 850 nm and there is not a commercially available jammer that I know of that would work against this gun. What would probably work would be a powerful 730nm light source discretely hidden on your car, but probably would cause some kind of excessive exposure error to appear on the gun.

Oh, my God!!! :shock: Does V1 detect 730 nm laser?? This is new to me and I don't know whether I am protected against these guns. And I do live where they use them...

Flitsservice.nl
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Just relax! Do you have Riegl around? No, they are used in Germany and my LE-20 jammed it perfectly. At least, I wasn't stopped

Clandestine
09-20-2005, 12:17 PM
I think I do have them around. I often go to Munich, Germany, plus in Slovenia where I live, I'm not sure but they might use them. :roll: I'm pretty sure they use Riegl LR 90, I'm not sure about FG 21... :? Gotta buy that Antilaser... :P

Flitsservice.nl
09-21-2005, 02:26 AM
I was once lasered with a Riegl at Dreieck Spreewald and was not stopped and my LE-20 gave good alarm.

Clandestine
09-21-2005, 04:26 AM
I was once lasered with a Riegl at Dreieck Spreewald and was not stopped and my LE-20 gave good alarm.
So, can I assume that V1 would alert as well?