PDA

View Full Version : Spots on headlights after 5 days of applying Veil

christosxo
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I applied Veil as I saw on a video of the official site of Veil,on headlights at night in my garage and after 12 hours I moved the car.After 2 or 3 days it rained. Then I realized that there were some spots on the headlights like the Veil will gone!
Why this is happening? Should I do a second hand now?

Arashi666
04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I applied Veil as I saw on a video of the official site of Veil,on headlights at night in my garage and after 12 hours I moved the car.After 2 or 3 days it rained. Then I realized that there were some spots on the headlights like the Veil will gone!
Why this is happening? Should I do a second hand now?

hmmmmm lemme see, heres a few things that im thinking could be wrong:

1) Did you clean the lights before applying???

2 Was it hot or cold at the time of application???(ambient temperature)

3) did it rain any time in the past 24 or so hours of the time you applied???

I mean just a run through of a few things I read off a manual........ like my application was almost perfect then after a week or so it started chipping........... on the other hand my Brother's application on his Celica has been on for almost a year and a half or so, and its still the way it was when it was 2 days old, PERFECT

christosxo
04-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, I washed the car at noon and at night I cleaned again the headlights and I applied Veil. The temperature was 9-12 Celsius.
My garage is open at the back and at the right side and the only thing I can think is the humidity maybe caused this to the Veil on the headlights...but I don't think so.
This happened to me 2 times now: The first time before 2 weeks and after I saw this happening I remove the Veil and I apply it again last week.
When I apply Veil,should I apply 2 hands?
I apply only one as I saw at the video clip

ELVATO
04-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Don't know if this is right, but I think that applying Veil at around 50 F is a little too cold.

TSi+WRX
04-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Don't know if this is right, but I think that applying Veil at around 50 F is a little too cold.

^ I personally think it should be a minimum of 60 deg. F., but The Veil Guy has been quoted to say 50 deg. F. as a minimum on Roy's "Instructional Video" ( http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil-videos.asp ), at around the 4-minute mark.

Mthman30
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I applied my Veil about a week ago and it is coming off of my headlights already. The can that was sent to me had leaked very badly into a plastic bag that is was wrapped in, it was a mess. I'm pretty sure someone had opened the can (the seal was broken) I was not very happy.

I emailed Roy and he informed me that I have a problem with this can and he has shipped me a new one. I'm not sure if the temperature was too low when I applied it, it was around 64. Temp dropped to about 50 that night. The next day it was around 60 degrees.

By the second day the Veil was cracking and I knew I'd have to strip off what was already applied, and re-apply. I did make sure that my lights were clean prior to my application.

Most of it has fallen off at this point so when the new can arrives, removing the rest should be a breeze. I just hope that I don't wind up with the same problem with the new can.

Veil Guy
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Mthman30,

Please keep us posted on your progress with the replacement material.

Also, can you PM the serial number of the material that appeared open, as we would like to track the chain of possession from the manufacturing facility all the way to you.

Veil Guy 8)

Mthman30
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Mthman30,

Please keep us posted on your progress with the replacement material.

Also, can you PM the serial number of the material that appeared open, as we would like to track the chain of possession from the manufacturing facility all the way to you.

Veil Guy 8)

Thanks for the concern. I will PM you with the serial number when I get home. I really wasn't really concerned that I would have any issues with the new can. I had a feeling that some of the chemicals may have seperated in the portion that spilled out and that is why the material cracked. Moisture may have also been a factor.

I have read some of the posts that you have recieved from other customers with problems and see the ration of $$it that they like to give you. Trust me, I am not that kind of customer.

I'm sure your product works well, that's why I bought it. The can that I received had the outer seal on the can broken and when I finally got to the mess of a can that was in the plastic, I could see that the seal on that can was broken too.

I think someone along the way opened the can, did some touch up, tried to reseal the can and did a crappy job. I did receive a "used " can in my opinion. That is certainly not your fault :D

Veil Guy
04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Mthman30,

Your analysis about the remaining composition may be spot on.

I trust that really isn't the case, but there may have been an issue with the manufacturing and/or assembly...Which is something that we need to get to the bottom of. Even when the percentages are small, it doesn't feel good when you're one of 'em, I know. If you got the material from Roy, I don't believe its possible that you receive something "used", its not his MO.

Thanks for your understanding on all fronts.

Veil Guy 8)