PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

justinkk2005
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
The laser pro park website advertises their product as a sensor for cars when they are parked etc? I'm confused. Someone help! lol

TSi+WRX
04-29-2007, 11:30 AM
^ The Laser ProPark products is openly advertised as a parking distance sensor - however, it's known to jam LIDAR. ;) :)

justinkk2005
04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
and its good at doing that right ;)???

Asleeper
04-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Thats the unfortunate part of the LPP :lol: . It happens to do an excellent job of interfering with other lidar based devices. :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazyVOLVOrob
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM
The Anti-Laser was the original parking sensor/laser jammer

TSi+WRX
04-29-2007, 05:02 PM
^ Exactly.

But AntiLaser doesn't specifically market itself as a "parking assist device" - yes, it mentions that it is indeed capable of this function, but it's not the primary "attraction" on its commercial homepage.

Instead, it bills itself openly as an active jammer.

Nothing wrong in that, just wanted to point that out. :)

crazyVOLVOrob
04-29-2007, 05:46 PM

True but anyone with a brain enough to use an internet search engine willl find out it is a jammer...So the marketing as a parking sensor is cool but everyone can easily see that it is really just a laser jammer

TSi+WRX
04-29-2007, 07:30 PM
^ Well put.

It's just that sometimes, it's confusing to newcomers to this hobby/purchase.

The question of "is the AL a parking sensor" should be better addressed, IMHO. :)

Toronto-radar-chopper
04-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I like the fact that it is a parking sensor. If I ever get pulled over I do have a fighting chance to win the arguments. If we go to car, I can argue that infinitis and Volvo have a similar product and my device is for a safer road.

crazyVOLVOrob
04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
I like the fact that it is a parking sensor. If I ever get pulled over I do have a fighting chance to win the arguments. If we go to car, I can argue that infinitis and Volvo have a similar product and my device is for a safer road.reason I am bringing up my point is I recently heard about a guy who asked for help fighting a ticket in the forums and when he showed up to court the officer had all forum post/responses printed out as evidence against that guy...The LPP is openly known as a laser jammer more openly than a parking sensor....exactly yhr reason why i doubt having a manual sayingit's a parking sensor will help you. especially if you get a jam code on the Laser Atlanta...like every jammer now gives..

RadarRick
04-29-2007, 11:44 PM

It's the ducks guts, apparently. Just ask the guys that use them :wink:
RR

Toronto-radar-chopper
04-30-2007, 09:45 AM
I wonder if the new laser interceptor will have a software fix for the laser atlanta.

The OPP use the laser atlanta a lot on the Highway 400. They only use the LTI if they have 2 shooters and muiltiple chase cars.

interceptor
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
we are working on JA3 , but problem is that LA will display JA3 when measuring empty space on snow or just paning on road it will display JA3...

Aperantly LA displays JA3 when distance reading is changing fast (jamming) , only problem is that it could actualy happen on multiple targets reading or simple paning on road..

So... Softwer fix on JA3 will be pain in the ass, but i believe it could be done.. we have minimised it, but still happening.. coocking it right now... :-)

spankyaf
04-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Interesting so the coppers are used to seeing spurious jam codes on the LA... good to know

crazyVOLVOrob
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Interesting so the coppers are used to seeing spurious jam codes on the LA... good to knowI wouldn't make that assumption

When fooling around with the LA at the GOL event during breaks it became obvious that it was the hardest gun to get a fake jam code or fake speed reading...I could easily get a jam code on the Stalker LZ1 or get a false speed reading panning on a car with an LTI...But the only way i saw a Jam code on the LA is when both a Prolaser 2 and LA were shooting at the same car...They both share the same pulse rate

Toronto-radar-chopper
04-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Why is the laser atlata so much more acurate? Is it because it has that huge laser beam?

Do you think they would use them in "stealth" mode and would be able to fool older jammers?

Is the cost of the LA much higher then the LTI? I would immagine it comes down to dollars and cents.

Is the LA easier to use by a single operator and held in hands over the LTI?

Toronto-radar-chopper
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry, just noticed I had the Laser Atlanta mixed up with the Kustom prolaser.

I have seen the Kustom used by the OPP and NOT the Laser Atlanta. My apologies for any confusion.

noorudeenshakur
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM
we are working on JA3 , but problem is that LA will display JA3 when measuring empty space on snow or just paning on road it will display JA3...

Aperantly LA displays JA3 when distance reading is changing fast (jamming) , only problem is that it could actualy happen on multiple targets reading or simple paning on road..

So... Softwer fix on JA3 will be pain in the ass, but i believe it could be done.. we have minimised it, but still happening.. coocking it right now... :-)

Can you guys set it to produce a reading to the LA gun at a set speed say 30mph constantly....a 30MPH steady read would still be better than JA3

Then we could slow down and shut it off...officer wouldnt be the wiser.....unless ofcoarse they ready the forums and know about this trick lol :) :)

Donno how hard it is to fool the gun into getting a steady false speed reading instead of no speed reading but its an idea and i would be happy if the interceptor was capable of this

Sorry, just noticed I had the Laser Atlanta mixed up with the Kustom prolaser.

I have seen the Kustom used by the OPP and NOT the Laser Atlanta. My apologies for any confusion.

Laser Atlanta is all over Toronto. I got a 300 foot punch through on my single head LPP 3 weeks ago and a 270 dollar ticket.

It was a bad shot for me; I was decending under a bridge and he was shooting from the top of the hill at the other side of the bridge.

The jammer couldn't protect me at that angle as I have it mounted low under my plate so with the angle i was facing it would have been pointed level at the ground.

Also the distance was very close like I said it was a bad shot and I got pwned by the laser atlanta so be careful because Laser atlanta and spectre units are used by Toronto Police.

I also lost my detector that same week to the Toronto Police and their new Spectre equipped cars. 170 dollar fine and i had to say bye bye to my RD

True but anyone with a brain enough to use an internet search engine willl find out it is a jammer...So the marketing as a parking sensor is cool but everyone can easily see that it is really just a laser jammer

True enough but at court this will create reasonable doubt and if you are ever charged can beat it so long as you dont say you knew it was capable of jamming laser. If you admit you knew it was capable you are screwed.

reason I am bringing up my point is I recently heard about a guy who asked for help fighting a ticket in the forums and when he showed up to court the officer had all forum post/responses printed out as evidence against that guy...The LPP is openly known as a laser jammer more openly than a parking sensor....exactly yhr reason why i doubt having a manual sayingit's a parking sensor will help you. especially if you get a jam code on the Laser Atlanta...like every jammer now gives..

The officer may have had forum posts but unless he could prove that the posts were made by this guy or that this guy had any knowledge that LPP was a jammer then he will beat the charge.

he will likely loose the jammer since they can prove it does jam lidar guns but as for the charge he will walk if he pleads not guilty and fights it.

you have to be in possession of a device that is designed or KNOWINGLY INTENDED to interfer with speed measuing devices to go down on this charge.

The lpp website and all literature make no mention of laser jammer so it wasnt designed as a jammer, and if you keep your mouth shut during questioning and deny having any knowledge that it was capable of jamming you should be ok according to my legal advice.

Of coarse i dont give a crap and take my risks either way. If I was concerned about the technicalities of the law I wouldn't speed.

This forum is helping more than just us guys to avoid speeding tickets. Leo's are also using the forums to their own advantage now.

I want to stress the importance of NOT answering the questions of the LEO if you get popped with a jammer. If you have an LPP Play stupid its your only shot....you will likely still get charged and loose the jammer but you will beat at trial.

Dont fall for their tricks to get you to talk, or their intimidation that you wil lbe in a lot of trouble if you dont talk....you already popped shut up and take it like a man get some legal advice and above all keep your mouth shut about knowing that it is a jammer.

I paid for this legal advice, since jammers are illegal here and I needed to know what I was getting into in the small change I got popped with it.

Straight from the lawyers mouth and free for you guys.

Sorry for the long post but I had a lot to say.

In short to recap back to the original question, the only reason for them marketing it as a parking sensor is because of legal reasons.

By doing this they can sell it in countries where jammers are illegal, such as brittain, Canada and some states. Also if caught their customers have a good legal defense since it is not a jammer but rather a parking aid.

Im very happy with their marketing and I hope it always remains a parking sensor.

Toronto-radar-chopper
05-02-2007, 05:35 AM
That PT sounds accurate. Maybe when the Li come's out I'll keep the single LPP up front (just above my plate and mount the LI under my head lights. It is a bright silver car, so this should help.

The LEO does not no the difference between the different jammers.

Sorry about the tickets. You will win in court.

noorudeenshakur
05-10-2007, 12:34 AM
That PT sounds accurate. Maybe when the Li come's out I'll keep the single LPP up front (just above my plate and mount the LI under my head lights. It is a bright silver car, so this should help.

The LEO does not no the difference between the different jammers.

Sorry about the tickets. You will win in court.

Yeah if the L.I performs as well as the prototype unit Ill likely pick one up and put the LPP to protect my rear.

LPP is still a very good jammer.

I had a JTG run on the laser atlanta today from about 150 foot tageting distance.

spankyaf
05-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Any reaction from the Leos at this range? They must be wondering the WTF....

Eventually the training they receive will include jammers.

Thx for the legal advice...... 3 points or no... enquiring minds want to know?

crazyVOLVOrob
05-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Any officer can prove the LPP is a laser jammer!!!!! Search it on the internet and you will find the information...You can even see videos of it working!!!!! Don't be so blind and ignorant thinking cops are are stupid

RR
05-12-2007, 05:58 AM
I like the fact that it is a parking sensor. If I ever get pulled over I do have a fighting chance to win the arguments. If we go to car, I can argue that infinitis and Volvo have a similar product and my device is for a safer road.reason I am bringing up my point is I recently heard about a guy who asked for help fighting a ticket in the forums and when he showed up to court the officer had all forum post/responses printed out as evidence against that guy...The LPP is openly known as a laser jammer more openly than a parking sensor....exactly yhr reason why i doubt having a manual sayingit's a parking sensor will help you. especially if you get a jam code on the Laser Atlanta...like every jammer now gives..

How is that evidence against someone in court?

That was an attempt by the officer to show that - oh it's not a parking sensor, it's really a LIDAR jammer. That does not a) prove that it's not a parking sensor; b) it does not have anything to do with the intent of the owner of the vehicle / the person in court at the time; and c) as pointed out elsewhere the LPP is not the only device which is advertised as doing something else and happens to interfere with police and other LIDAR devices.

Example: is a State government going to outlaw allowing Toyota Sennia drivers from using their laser based cruise control? Of course not. It's either a defect with the car's cruise control, or perhaps it's a defect with the police LIDAR guns.

LIDAR devices are regulated by the FDA - which for all practical purposes does not regulate them. It's not like Radar and the FCC where you have to meet Part 15 / Part 90 regulations to build a device (i.e. regs against interference).

The person you're describing should have been prepared for that in court. Does anyone believe there are not LEO's reading all these posts, and perhaps in some cases contributing to them?

Furthermore, since when are bulletin board postings admissable as evidence? That should have been thrown out as heresay. No cross examination. No expert testimony. How does the judge (or the defendant) know that the officer did not make it up and print it out on his home computer? How does anyone know whether the printed posts - even if legitimate - are true or a bunch of BS. Does the judge believe everything he reads in the newspaper? How about via Google? Or anywhere else online? That was a cheap shot by the officer.

If you're going to fight a ticket in court you have to remember it is a battle. That is an adversarial situation and you must be ready for any contrived BS that the police officer or prosecutor might try and come up with. If you know that they know you have an LPP, well what do you think they are going to do?

What's golden in that situation is the product manual. You wanted a parking sensor, you bought that one because you thought it would fit your needs. You have a product manual saying it's a parking sensor. You have a receipt saying it's a parking sensor? What is the problem????

Again, what is your intent? Is this how the device normally operates, etc.

If you lose that case, you need to appeal - unless of course you don't care about the $ and the points on your license.

If you don't fight for your rights, you will lose them to someone who is fighting harder to take them away from you.

RR

Toronto-radar-chopper
05-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I am not sure about the laws where you are but in Ontario:

A traffic violation ticket is provincial controlled and not a capital crime. The police officer does not have prove behond reasonable doubt. They do not need to show criminal intent.

Remember, that anything that is not "stock" on you car can be deemed illegal. My HID's for example are aftermarket and I can be ticketed for that.

It is the drivers responsibility to ensure their vehicle operates in accordance to the highway traffic Act. If it does not, ignorance will not help you.

However, in Toronto for exa,ple if you get a ticket you NOW can request a pre-trial with the prosecutor. Bring with you your documentation and 9/10 they will drop the charges. If you can proove that your device is a parking sensor you should have no problems.

I could care what a LEO reads here, like the previous posted said, the Leo can not prove in court that postings made here "are by a competant person who is an expert in the field of electronic speed warning devices.."

Put any jammer in your car in Toronto, the prosecutor/judge will not be able to tell what is a LPP, blinder or real parking sensor. If anything you will get a $80.00 ticket with no points for after market parts on your car.