PDA

View Full Version : "Laser Defender" is this the update to the LPP?

sna77
05-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Someone just sent me this link... Is this the update to the LPP?

<dealer link removed>

Its cheaper $329 that the LPP at $499 for a single sensor system...

Thanks!

hookem202
05-08-2007, 08:43 AM
It does look like a spin off, but the unit tested at GOL was canceled due to tremendous falseing from the sun. I would wait till another unit is tested before purchasing.

sna77
05-08-2007, 08:50 AM
It does look like a spin off, but the unit tested at GOL was canceled due to tremendous falseing from the sun. I would wait till another unit is tested before purchasing.

Oh, I just purchased a LPP... And then someone sent me that... I thought they might have just come out with a new unit... or something....

sna77
05-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Just emailed LPP USA...

Here's their response:

Laser Defender is an unauthorized copy of the old Antilaser -- possibly loaded with older firmware. The Laser Defender copied LPP's logo and packaging too. In the GOL test it failed -- www.guysoflidar.com

Regards,
Laser Pro Park USA

crazyVOLVOrob
05-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Just emailed LPP USA...

Here's their response:

Laser Defender is an unauthorized copy of the old Antilaser -- possibly loaded with older firmware. The Laser Defender copied LPP's logo and packaging too. In the GOL test it failed -- www.guysoflidar.com

Regards,
Laser Pro Park USAI said that awhile ago and I got called a liar.... :lol: :roll:. Sorry if people don't believe me

Bearcat didn't have any falsing issues with his so maybe the GOL got a defective unit :? :?:

hookem202
05-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Just emailed LPP USA...

Here's their response:

Regards,
Laser Pro Park USAI said that awhile ago and I got called a liar.... :lol: :roll:. Sorry if people don't believe me

Bearcat didn't have any falsing issues with his so maybe the GOL got a defective unit :? :?:

Hmmm, i wish they wernt defective and just older software. I would purchase a unit. BC you aregetting a dual head setup for the same price as a Blinder M40.

thestaton
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I put up a video that showed how they copied the LPP box and design. pretty sad.

hookem202
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I put up a video that showed how they copied the LPP box and design. pretty sad.

Is the LD an actuall older AL/LPP?

crazyVOLVOrob
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM

Is the LD an actuall older AL/LPP?to not get into it and be brief the LD was going to be the American released AL and the LPP was going to be the UK release AL...until there was a split

LD does have a trademark of their box and logo since december 2005 if memor serves me right

Keep in mind I could be wrong and by no means am i 100%what i am saing is true

hookem202
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Is the LD an actuall older AL/LPP?to not get into it and be brief the LD was going to be the American released AL and the LPP was going to be the UK release AL...until there was a split

LD does have a trademark of their box and logo since december 2005 if memor serves me right

thanks for the insight. any idea on if all the units were false prone?

crazyVOLVOrob
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM

thanks for the insight. any idea on if all the units were false prone?Well I would say according to what i heard from the rumor mill yes but according from the experience of Bearcat they don't false...the main issue was at the testing was the jammer onlt has a timed jamon no unlimited jam so the sun would make the unit tested false and it would get a fair shot

hookem202
05-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Well I would say according to what i heard from the rumor mill yes but according from the experience of Bearcat they don't false...the main issue was at the testing was the jammer onlt has a timed jamon no unlimited jam so the sun would make the unit tested false and it would get a fair shot[/quote]

So is the LD not reprogrammable to have no jam timer?

crazyVOLVOrob
05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Well I would say according to what i heard from the rumor mill yes but according from the experience of Bearcat they don't false...the main issue was at the testing was the jammer onlt has a timed jamon no unlimited jam so the sun would make the unit tested false and it would get a fair shot

So is the LD not reprogrammable to have no jam timer?[/quote]Not we could find :wink: we tried 21 and 11 blinks

hookem202
05-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Well I would say according to what i heard from the rumor mill yes but according from the experience of Bearcat they don't false...the main issue was at the testing was the jammer onlt has a timed jamon no unlimited jam so the sun would make the unit tested false and it would get a fair shot

Not we could find :wink: we tried 21 and 11 blinks

How long was it supposed to jam for?

charles charlie charles
05-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Looking at the GOL tests, er.... Zero seconds??!!

crazyVOLVOrob
05-09-2007, 09:58 AM

Not we could find :wink: we tried 21 and 11 blinks

How long was it supposed to jam for?7 or 8 seconds

Looking at the GOL tests, er.... Zero seconds??!!
The reason the testing was canceled is because when the sun would flase the jammer and start the timer before a laser gun was shot at the car...I think we only had 2 runs with out the false and the performance wasn't that bad like maybe a full 5-6 jam according to the V1