PDA

View Full Version : Jammer in states that don't allow their use.

timmyjane
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Im in SC and jammers are illegal here. According to the posts I've seen the posession is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to 1000. Does anyone know if LEO would confiscate the equipment? Also would they chase me down if they got a jam code? What are the best ways to avoid detection, just turn it off after getting to PSL? Lastly is it worth trying my luck?

Thanks.

PshoootR
01-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Obviously, don't JTG.
Seriously, I doubt many LEOs would figure out you had a jammer.

corkguykev
01-26-2008, 11:15 AM
^X2. just get down your speed and switch it off and you should be fine :wink:

lugnuts
01-26-2008, 05:00 PM
ok say you slow down shut the jammer off won't they notice somethings up when they don't get a reading right away? what about jam codes?

Won Hunglo
01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
ok say you slow down shut the jammer off won't they notice somethings up when they don't get a reading right away? what about jam codes?

Ever operated a LIDAR gun?

lugnuts
01-26-2008, 05:38 PM
no I have not, please explain.

charles charlie charles
01-26-2008, 06:05 PM
1. Not every gun has jam codes, and of those that do, only the Laser Atlanta is anything to worry about.

2. If you had ever shot a lidar gun you would know there are plenty of instances where a speed measurement can take several seconds (depending upon environmental, operator and vehicle factors)

erickonphoenix
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I sense a LPP might be in order here. Plausible deniability :wink:

lugnuts
01-26-2008, 06:18 PM
1. Not every gun has jam codes, and of those that do, only the Laser Atlanta is anything to worry about.

2. If you had ever shot a lidar gun you would know there are plenty of instances where a speed measurement can take several seconds (depending upon environmental, operator and vehicle factors)

thanks I did not know that.

charles charlie charles
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM

thanks I did not know that.

That's what we're here for! :wink:

fire65
01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
In Okla where they are illegal, been wanting a jammer for a while, so I'm watching this. I have no idea what happens if you do get caught with one.
I'm close to buying th LPP carrying papers to show what it is.
I do understand never JTG. But its still makes me wonder, since we all know, Cops do whatever they want and its up to me to sort it out in court.

corkguykev
01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
well i for one can address this having a few LIDAR guns to test with.

check my sig.

not every car is an instant lock with them.

some take longer than others and i may have encountered a few jammers while messing about testing my guns and not known it for all i know. they work on reflectivity because they use infared light as opposed to radar and not every car has the same characteristics.

once you slow to PSL and shut it off then you should be ok :wink:

however if you JTG you will be announcing that you have something which IMHO will ruin it for everyone.

timmyjane
01-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I sense a LPP might be in order here. Plausible deniability :wink:

Would that really work?

timmyjane
01-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Obviously, don't JTG.

How long do you think you have once the laser has hit before JTG is a problem? I obviously dont have a LJ, I always assumed that JTG was automatic after a certain amount of time.

charles charlie charles
01-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Obviously, don't JTG.

How long do you think you have once the laser has hit before JTG is a problem? I obviously dont have a LJ, I always assumed that JTG was automatic after a certain amount of time.

I think you misunderstand the term "JTG"

JTG is an acronym for "Jam To Gun" and signifies the jamming of a lidar gun all the way to the source thus preventing a LEO from ever getting a speed.

In the real world this is seen as jamming a LEO completely until you drive past him/her.

timmyjane
01-27-2008, 08:59 AM
^^I didnt understand the how of JTG. It basically means that you never turn off your Jammer, right? If you leave it on and drive by the gun then you have JTG.

corkguykev
01-27-2008, 09:03 AM
jam to gun means you dont switch off the jammer to let the LEO get your speed at all. of course this will surely tip him off that you have a jammer.

however if you do slow down and turn it off he will get his speed reading and will not ever know what happened.

charles charlie charles
01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
^^I didnt understand the how of JTG. It basically means that you never turn off your Jammer, right? If you leave it on and drive by the gun then you have JTG.

Partially correct.

JTG signifies both the desire to jam all the way, and also the jammer's ability to do this.

Some jammers fail to jam completely in every situation and suffer from PT (punch through).

PT signifies that the lidar gun has obtained a speed thus the jammer has failed, and the lidar gun has "punched through" the protection of the jammer.

A user may want JTG but fail to achieve it due to the ability of the jammer, reflectivity of the target vehicle and lidar gun being used.

So JTG is a desirable quality of a jammer as it describes COMPLETE immunity from lidar speed guns but it is not a guaranteed feature of any jammer.