PDA

View Full Version : CT Laser day scheduling and info.

PMoth
06-19-2008, 06:24 AM
I have to talk with Mthman30 to finalize everything first but here is the proposed agenda:

Saturday July 26th. 11 am till completion of all cars. Same meeting and testing location as before. Changes this time around are the following:

Each participant will pm me their vehicle make and jammer info 3 days prior to testing. This way I can have a log ready for each vehicle's performance against all guns. At the end of the day, that log will go home with the owner. I will bring my laptop and document the info at the event. There should be at least one witness observing the lidar operator and relaying run results to the person recording the data for every pass against each vehicle. There should only be one gun ON and in operation during a run. Make sure your sensors are clean, aligned vertically and horizontally, and your jammer is programmed correctly before you arrive. If time permits, anyone can use a specific gun to fine tune and align or relocate their sensors. Any one can fire a specific gun at their own vehicle but that run will be for personal data only. It will not be posted by me for obvious reasons. Depending on the number of participants, everyone should plan on donating a small amount of green to the "Suf Daddy make-this-event-happen Fund!"

The more jammer types, the better. Last time, laser diode jammers were "represent'n!" It would be nice to have a Zr3/4 or Blinder owner show up. If you have a Laser*, you're welcome too. There will be a limit to the number of cars tested. If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away. Again, Mthman30 and I will finalize everything once we talk.

thestaton
06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
If you haven't done so yet you might considering making a private a or invite only social group. It'll save you some headache in the PM box.

Can't wait to see the results.

PMoth
06-19-2008, 07:18 AM
If you haven't done so yet you might considering making a private a or invite only social group. It'll save you some headache in the PM box.

Can't wait to see the results.

Thanks. Will do.

crazyVOLVOrob
06-19-2008, 08:49 AM
If it's the 12th I will be able to make the trip. If you need any help with organization let me know I can make a few spread sheets.

As for guns you guys thinking about the same line-up?

PMoth
06-19-2008, 09:55 AM
New additions would be the new Stalker LZ1 in a addition to the old one as well as the Pro 3 if I can find one to rent.

Testing this time will have to be really systematic as time will definitely be an enemy.

hockey005
06-19-2008, 10:06 AM
thx for organizing this pmoth!

Tambourine-Man
06-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes, thanks for organizing this. If it's on the 12th, it may be too soon for me as I may not have mine by then. Oh well.

Other than some green stuff for the laser gun rentals, what else do you need (FRS walky talkies*, laptop with DVD burner and flash card writer*, AC power inverters* (to extend laptop battery power), voice recorder*, camcorder*, IR camcorder, orange cones* (for distance markers)? I have the asterisked stuff.

Mthman30
06-19-2008, 12:06 PM
thx for organizing this pmoth!

Actually we both are hosting. What we are looking for (Correct me if I'm wrong Pmoth) is to try to test other jammers rather then 7 L.I. units and 1 PASS unit.

I'd rather see mhardy2288 (oops, mhardy is a lot farther away than I thought) come with another PASS unit, or anyone else with one. I'd like to see someone with a ZR4 come. I'd like to test the LPP again too. I'd like to test the new Blinder M45 as well. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather see more DIFFERENT jammers.

Otherwise we may as well just call it an L.I. test because that's what it will be.

Pmoth and dorcse both have L.I. units. Sorry but that seems like enough L.I.'s. to me, Pmoth and I will talk. dorcse had already pm'd me asking if he could come. My PASS and another PASS buyer, would make it 2 Pass Units, so we are already up to four cars. Add a ZR4, A blinder and an LPP and we are already up to seven jammers to test on seven cars. If we have two of each jammer it will be more like ten cars.

That's too much unless we can find totally private land to test on. We didn't have any problems last time because we kept it small. We parked a couple of cars at another location because we didn't want to attract too much attention. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise my test site will no longer be useable to us if we attract too much attention. Personally I don't want to ruin my test site. PM Pmoth with questions comments or concerns. He will establish the lineup. I think he will agree that we should test more DIFFERENT jammers.

There may be other testing days in the future. I'd like to keep it that way:).

That will be a lot to test. The point is that more jammers will be represented. That's what I'd like to see. Let's test a new Blinder M45 and a ZR4, we never did last time. I'd like to see some LED jammers tested as well.

Each event can only be open to seven or eight people. I'd rather test more jammers personally:cool:.

Rottman
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
My PASS and another PASS buyer, would make it 2 Pass Units,

Now that's what I want to see, we already know the LI is top dog old news, I want to see how PASS does again and see the different results on the 2 systems.....

carter840
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Shoot I am away right now :( working in D.C.

I realigned my sensors and added a laser shield it would have been nice to retest my performance. Perhaps we can get something going in august. Maybe in Long Island???

Venusian_Artist
06-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Shoot I am away right now :( working in D.C.

I realigned my sensors and added a laser shield it would have been nice to retest my performance. Perhaps we can get something going in august. Maybe in Long Island???

This post inadvertently brings up an interesting point: are you guys going to account for Veil, Laser Shield, and other passive countermeasures?

If someone shows up with a Laser Star, for example, but has G4 all over their lights and plates, it wouldn't really be a test of the laser jammer effectiveness itself, now would it?

thestaton
06-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I'd like to see some Blinder J11 testing.

crazyVOLVOrob
06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Honestly I want LED jammers and another PASS unit over all cause honestly I know how my set-up will perform I want to test others and find their weak spots

leederek
06-30-2008, 07:51 PM
I have a dual Head LPP on an 08 M3 that I would like to test out

hockey005
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
i can be there if its the 12th or 19th and il be testing LI

PMoth
07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Saturday July 19th is the day. Rain date is tbd.

PMoth
07-04-2008, 10:02 AM
This post inadvertently brings up an interesting point: are you guys going to account for Veil, Laser Shield, and other passive countermeasures?

If someone shows up with a Laser Star, for example, but has G4 all over their lights and plates, it wouldn't really be a test of the laser jammer effectiveness itself, now would it?

Good point. I will have a comment column for documenting any passive countermeasures. If we were looking to solely test a jammer's effectiveness, we would use one vehicle (rented 300c).

focalcivic
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Why? the J11 is old news and not a great performer. I would rather see a J15.

hockey005
07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
because thestaton wants to prove that it doesn't perform :lol:

focalcivic
07-04-2008, 08:00 PM
because thestaton wants to prove that it doesn't perform :lol:

I think we already know that.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Why? the J11 is old news and not a great performer. I would rather see a J15.
Yeah but the J11 is still on the shelves of registered retailers and it's available for consumers.

So if it is still on the shelves for consumers to buy it should be tested
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't be there guys as I am on my to Virginia for a week that day. Try to keep this even orgnaized like doing all the runs for each car all at one time.

mongoose
07-05-2008, 08:44 AM
there is a new stalker? please tell me more! what does it do diffrently?

hockey005
07-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I think it just has newer software which does not throw as many E-04 codes

ELVATO
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Yea, it's supposed to be "improved." All the time I've shot, I haven't seen it throw an E-04 code. :)

PMoth
07-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Saturday July 19th is the day. Rain date is tbd.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, 2 key guns will be unavailable for use on the 19th, we will have to push the testing date back one week. The new date is the 26th and the rain date is the 27th.

As an update, in response to the pm's I've been receiving, Blinder/ZR-4/PASS and LPP owners will be considered first when filling spots for the event. LI owners will then be considered with preference given to long time members with a new install. My car does not have to be tested on this day because I will most likely have all the guns at my disposal for a few days. My focus will be ensuring that testing goes as planned and all data is accurately recorded.

Again, it is important to ensure that your installation is correct and everything is in order before the event. I will record and report everything from JTG/JFG to 2100 ft PT's.
More info in a few.

AirMoore
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I will record and report everything from JTG/JFG to 2100 ft PT's.
More info in a few.

Ouch, lets hope no one is getting 2100FT PT's... maybe its a premonition of DOOM for someones jammer set-up. :eek:

crazyVOLVOrob
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Due to circumstances beyond my control, 2 key guns will be unavailable for use on the 19th, we will have to push the testing date back one week. The new date is the 26th and the rain date is the 27th.

As an update, in response to the pm's I've been receiving, Blinder/ZR-4/PASS and LPP owners will be considered first when filling spots for the event. LI owners will then be considered with preference given to long time members with a new install. My car does not have to be tested on this day because I will most likely have all the guns at my disposal for a few days. My focus will be ensuring that testing goes as planned and all data is accurately recorded.

Again, it is important to ensure that your installation is correct and everything is in order before the event. I will record and report everything from JTG/JFG to 2100 ft PT's.
More info in a few.Well I'll be leaving virginia at 4pm on the 26th so I might beable to make the event if its on the 27th but i severely doubt it...

computerpro3
07-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I would love to come just to watch and help organize data (could volunteer laptop with EVDO internet access, also could film everything) but I will be competing in a piano competition in New Orleans and won't be back until the 28th :(

hockey005
07-12-2008, 04:53 PM
ahh..i might have a hockey tournament in mass. that weekend but i still do not know but il keep you posted

carter840
07-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I will try and make it to this test. If I come I will bring my LTI Marksmen and realigned LPP. I also added a laser sheild and am hoping to do better with the LA. Are we going to have a LA at this test?

PMoth
07-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I also added a laser sheild and am hoping to do better with the LA. Are we going to have a LA at this test?

Yes.

leederek
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Could someone let me know where the location is for the CT laser testing? I'm trying to plan out my schedule for that weekend. I have a dual head LPP

Thanks,
Derek

PMoth
07-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Could someone let me know where the location is for the CT laser testing? I'm trying to plan out my schedule for that weekend. I have a dual head LPP

Thanks,
Derek

We don't release the location of the event for obvious reasons. The meeting location is 20 mins outside Hartford.

PMoth
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Just an update:

So far, we have two possible LPP owners who have shown interest. There will be Mthman30's PASS system. I don't know if that civic guy with the ZR-4 is still around but I haven't heard from him. No one with a Blinder has contacted me yet. I'm guessing there will be quite a few LI owners getting tested again. It's all good, we will try to have as much fun as possible. I want to start compiling a list of participants on Sunday or so. If you know you will be able to attend, please contact me by PM starting Sunday (20th) with your info. If you are a maybe, contact me on Wed. (23rd) and no later than 10 pm on Thu (24th) with a definitive answer. I'm going to cap the quantity of cars tested at 10. 3 to 4 runs per car per gun = 150-240 total runs. That's a lot of testing.

crazyVOLVOrob
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Just an update:

So far, we have two possible LPP owners who have shown interest. There will be Mthman30's PASS system. I don't know if that civic guy with the ZR-4 is still around but I haven't heard from him. No one with a Blinder has contacted me yet. I'm guessing there will be quite a few LI owners getting tested again. It's all good, we will try to have as much fun as possible. I want to start compiling a list of participants on Sunday or so. If you know you will be able to attend, please contact me by PM starting Sunday (20th) with your info. If you are a maybe, contact me on Wed. (23rd) and no later than 10 pm on Thu (24th) with a definitive answer. I'm going to cap the quantity of cars tested at 10. 3 to 4 runs per car per gun = 150-240 total runs. That's a lot of testing.I won't be there. Keep the event efficient and organized.

Mthman30
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Just an update:

So far, we have two possible LPP owners who have shown interest. There will be Mthman30's PASS system. I don't know if that civic guy with the ZR-4 is still around but I haven't heard from him. No one with a Blinder has contacted me yet. I'm guessing there will be quite a few LI owners getting tested again. It's all good, we will try to have as much fun as possible. I want to start compiling a list of participants on Sunday or so. If you know you will be able to attend, please contact me by PM starting Sunday (20th) with your info. If you are a maybe, contact me on Wed. (23rd) and no later than 10 pm on Thu (24th) with a definitive answer. I'm going to cap the quantity of cars tested at 10. 3 to 4 runs per car per gun = 150-240 total runs. That's a lot of testing.

I'd like to see a Blinder M-45. Does anyone local to the area have one installed and ready for testing?

PMoth
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
The sad reality is that I can go to BMW or Audi dealers in my area and bring several jammer owners to our testing day. The only downside is that they are all Blah blah owners. They are by far the most abundant jammers in this state. My buddy at BMW says that 50% of the M owners and even quite a good bit of 5-series owners have them installed. It's truly a sad sight.

Mthman30
07-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Really:confused::confused:. Why ask why? No wonder the LEO's don't think jammers work.

ahmadr
07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Really:confused::confused:. Why ask why? No wonder the LEO's don't think jammers work.

They are doing all of us a favor :)

I fully support BlahBlah inc. :D

Tambourine-Man
07-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Have you actually tested the new Blah Balh? The goons are gushing over it. I think you could post a link to YouTube results over at radarreviews dot net.

Sufu
07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Me and a buddy each have a dual LPP setup on our cars and we both work in the same place up in MA.

When is the CT meet happening and do you still have room for us two?

PMoth
07-24-2008, 05:23 AM
Me and a buddy each have a dual LPP setup on our cars and we both work in the same place up in MA.

When is the CT meet happening and do you still have room for us two?

As of right now, there are only 3 members confirmed for testing. Yes there is room for the both of you. Please PM me you vehicle makes and models by 10 pm tonight.

PMoth
07-24-2008, 05:44 AM
As of right now, we have 3 members confirmed for the event.
If you will be joining, please try to PM me the info I requested in the first post by 10 pm tonight. My schedule on Friday will be quite hectic with limited access to this forum. The current weather forcast is pretty optimistic. 85 with moderate humidity and the possibility for showers or storms in the late afternoon. Assuming everything goes as planned, we will start at 11 am and should be finished in a few hours. Guns being used are the LTi UL 200LR, Stalker1, Stalker2, PL3, Laser Atlanta SL2.

Confirmed members:
1. Mthman30
2. Leederek
3. Pmoth

hockey005
07-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Sorry Pmoth i cant make it i have hockey

PMoth
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Confirmed members:
1. Mthman30
2. Leederek
3. Pmoth
4. Hockey005

hockey005
07-24-2008, 08:09 PM
see you guys there!

Asleeper
07-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Too bad this meet isn't next month, I'd attend since I'll be in NYC the 14-17 of August.

I'll be bringing my ultralyte if anyone in the NYC area wants to meet up.

dorcse
07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Best of luck guys! I'll watch the baord for results :)

Ed

Mthman30
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
:)
see you guys there!

Cool. I was sending you a message that I cancelled P.

I wanted to see you come so that we can test out your setup. I just want to make sure that you are fully covered.

The install looked good in picture form, my only question was are the heads recessed too much.

We will be able to answer that question now. Don't get me wrong, you got a great jammer, but head placement is everything. I have a feeling you may have a weakness on off axis shots and overpass shots.

There is a place to try overpass shots, but I don't know if we should be bold enough to go there. We would have to make illegal uturns or drive a couple of miles each direction for each shot. We could always try a few:confused:.

For now we will just stick to the plan. Once again good to see your coming P.
What happened to your hockey game? Did you blow it off to test? Thanks..K:):):)

hockey005
07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
yea they are pushed back a little but i have JTG a ultralyte and marksman from NJSP (turned off LI at last second but v1 was still goin off until i jammer off)..the overpass may give me some problems but we wil have to see..my heads are almost level i think 1 might be off but thats why i am coming up to test and then make adjustments if im gettin high PT's...but PMoth's evo has the heads back like that behind the mesh..and i have seen videos of him JTG"in on an overpass

Mthman30
07-25-2008, 12:48 PM
yea they are pushed back a little but i have JTG a ultralyte and marksman from NJSP (turned off LI at last second but v1 was still goin off until i jammer off)..the overpass may give me some problems but we wil have to see..my heads are almost level i think 1 might be off but thats why i am coming up to test and then make adjustments if im gettin high PT's...but PMoth's evo has the heads back like that behind the mesh..and i have seen videos of him JTG"in on an overpass

It's good to know that it already did well in the real world!!! A great feeling indeed. Pmoth and I talked about it, but I guess we'll talk about it tomorrow anyway:):)..K

We have some other ideas that we will share tomorrow. This all works in our favor. We all get to make sure that we are tuned up. There is a perfect amount of people. We will get in a ton of runs. It may open up some time for overpass shots. The idea doesn't thrill me. I could do without the LEO visit.

We know we are good in our spot. We must have 30 test hours on that strip already! Easily.

See you tomorrow P at the usual spot at the usual time. I love testing, I don't know why:dance3::big_boss::dirol:?

crazyVOLVOrob
07-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I would like pictures of each person's installation if possible

carter840
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey guys don't think I am gonna be able to make it this weekend. I am in NY for my girlfriends BBQ. Also I am driving up from DC tonight so I prob won't want to do any extra driving this weekend. Goodluck with the test; remember to keep it real!

hockey005
07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
yea who has a video camera i wanna get some vids on youtube

crazyVOLVOrob
07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Becareful in CT guys as Conneticutt state police now have 89 new LTI TruSpeeds:(:(:(:eek:
http://www.radardetector.net/forums/news-stories/36958-ct-new-tool-catch-speeders-slow-down-drivers-not-laser-radar-plane.html

Nost will be concentrated in the Hartford, Bridgeport area's the report said

hockey005
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
dammit..cliff where is the new cpu reflash!!!!

PMoth
07-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Becareful in CT guys as Conneticutt state police now have 89 new LTI TruSpeeds:(:(:(:eek:
http://www.radardetector.net/forums/news-stories/36958-ct-new-tool-catch-speeders-slow-down-drivers-not-laser-radar-plane.html

Nost will be concentrated in the Hartford, Bridgeport area's the report said

W-T-F!!! This is BS. They need to fix these friggin roads and stop buying lidar guns withmy tax money.

Anyways, we are on for meeting at 10:45 am. We will begin testing at 11 am. If anyone has a tripod and video camera, please bring it. I will be bringing three tripods. Thanks guys and drive safe.

Laser-InterceptorUSA
07-26-2008, 06:23 AM
dammit..cliff where is the new cpu reflash!!!!

Gentlemen,

Preliminary testing is complete. LI team is meeting as we speak and info. on CPU Update will be posted shortly. FYI, it is GREAT news!

Cliff - C55

TSi+WRX
07-26-2008, 09:19 AM
^ Cool! Eagerly awaiting results! :):D

ahmadr
07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
x2

Amazing how quickly they got the gun...