PDA

View Full Version : Different Stealth Modes

Radar Roy
08-29-2005, 11:21 AM
One of the most surprising things that came up at the "Guys of Laser" testing this past weekend was that the Blinder was unable to jam the Laser Atlanta Stealth Mode.

This gun I purchased off of Chris and was the same gun that he was claiming that was not jamming the Blinders that he was testing.

Well this came as a shock to me, so on the way home, I thought why did the Blinder jam Stealth mode two years ago and last year at SML and not now. Thankfully, two of the test vehicles that were used in these tests tests were parked in my driveway, my Harley and my F-250

This morning, after my neighbor got up and going, I had him drive my truck and I used my new Laser Atlanta. No jam in Stealth Mode.

Now I am particular who drives my Harley, so I had my neighbor run the gun. No jam.

I then called Fors to see what his thoughts were. This is what he said

About 1 year ago, Laser Atlanta adjusted the pulse rate and also reduced the power output by 1/4 on the newer Laser Atlanta guns. This is something he learned after his engineer "David Adams" examined the lastest model of their guns.

I have not spoken with Leon yet, but I will make this new gun that I have avaiable to him so they can fiqure this all out.

crazyVOLVOrob
08-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow thank you for your honesty...

happya$$
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
We tested all of our Blinder equiped vehicles as well and none of them were able to jam or detect LA Stealth mode (my wife's, Sethy's, Bob's). We were all in shock. There were two jammers that were able to jam LA Stealth. :wink:

Radar Roy
08-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Well I just spoke with Leon, he says that he is going to get hold of Torbin and see if they want me to send the laser gun that I have to them to obtain the information they need to jam this gun

jimbonzzz
08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
I have a feeling that he might already have this gun figured out :wink:

Scott
08-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Well how did the dual LE-30 do? I recently purchased the dual LE-30 from Roy and installed it on my Subaru WRX and have been very satisfied so far!

Thanks!

Radar Roy
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Well that is what Leon said as far as the protype, but they still used the old LA to crack that, not the new one that I have

crazyVOLVOrob
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Well how did the dual LE-30 do? I recently purchased the dual LE-30 from Roy and installed it on my Subaru WRX and have been very satisfied so far!

Thanks!Contact Lidatek and they should be able to help you out with questions and such...if you need an update Kidatek would do it for ya if you call and ask...

Personally my prediction say that the Lidatek and AntiLaser jammed this mode of LA stealth....and blinder will soon too

stealthJamal
08-29-2005, 07:07 PM
From the information I've looked up, the stealth mode seems to be the same on both LA R and LA S. The Laser Atlanta S is the same has the Laser Atlanta R except that the S is smaller and less durable. Based on what I have been able to find, I don't see how there could be a difference in the stealth mode of the two.

Longsnowsm
08-29-2005, 07:18 PM
If the Blinder has an issue what is the process to get this updated and fixed? I haven't even installed my M20 yet so I guess I should hold off.

This was one of the reasons I bought a Blinder in the first place was the ability to jam all of the currently known Lidar guns... Needless to say I am not happy.

Longsnowsm

crazyVOLVOrob
08-29-2005, 07:23 PM
From the information I've looked up, the stealth mode seems to be the same on both LA R and LA S. The Laser Atlanta S is the same has the Laser Atlanta R except that the S is smaller and less durable. Based on what I have been able to find, I don't see how there could be a difference in the stealth mode of the two.well there is and it lies in a the pulse rate

stealthJamal
08-29-2005, 07:50 PM
This is from Laser Atlanta's site. Laser Atlanta says the performance specifications for both guns are identical. Here is the link to their site which shows this.

http://www.laseratlanta.com/files/2004_Speed_S_and_R_comparison_FAQ.pdf

stealthJamal
08-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Well I guess never mind about my post. If LA adjusted the pulse rate 1 year ago, they could have adjusted the rate on both the S and the R. I got confused and thought the R was the the older gun from over a year ago, but they probably updated both.

vw242
08-29-2005, 08:29 PM
What are the chances of running up against the Atlanta in stealth and where??

Longsnowsm
08-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Were the RD's able to pickup the new LA gun?

Longsnowsm

jimbonzzz
08-29-2005, 08:35 PM

From what I hear, it definitely isn't as widespread as some of the other guns.
I would bet that they use it in Georgia though :D

bigsquid78
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM

how about clevleand ohio?

CLTX11
08-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Were the RD's able to pickup the new LA gun?

Longsnowsm

JTW tested this and the X50 did not pick it up but the V1 did on an off axis to say the least.

here is the link from a looong time ago.

http://www.radardetector.net/Test-Video--10-Valentine-vs-STEALTH-MODE-1095t.php

JTW
08-30-2005, 01:11 AM
WHERE IS MY APOLOGY BLINDER???!!!

When I joined this board 4 months ago I said from the very beginning Blinder didn't jam or detect stealth mode. In return Leon at Blinder USA and his followers tried to paint me as a guy that had "bad blood" and had an agenda. Seems I was right all along and it really doesn't surprise me that Leon hasn't even apologized for smearing my face through the dirt. Leon, you should be ashamed of yourself!

I don't believe there are different stealth modes. Let me explain why....

When I joined this board a while back I had 2 laser atlanta speed lasers.
http://www.radartest.com/images/SpeedLaser.jpg
I had an OLD type R with stealth, like the one Roy had, and then I later got a type S. The type R was black and more then 3 years old!( shown above) Anti-laser bought the older speed laser from me so they could get the stealth mode fix. AntiLaser quickly got the pulse rate of the OLD stealth type R gun and jammed it. Now lets think about this for a minute..... Antilaser got the stealth fix off of the OLD speed laser and they were also able to jam the newer Speed Laser type S! If the pulse rates are different between these two guns why can AntiLaser jam both the type R and S and Blinder can't? Call up Andy at Lidatek and he'll also tell you he got his stealth mode fix off of an older type R as well and his jammer also beats type R and S. What gives? I believe Carl Fors has his facts messed up. Laser Atlanta probably changed the pulse rate of normal operating mode, but stealth mode wasn't changed.

How does stealth mode work?
You can't really change the pulse rate of stealth mode because of the way it's designed to defeat detectors and jammers. Detectors and jammers alert to laser/lidar when it recognizes a pulse train of 3 or more pulses of 904/905 nm laser. In an effort to cut down on laser false alerts, a minimum of 3 pulses must be received before a laser alert is given. If the detectors didn't have this buffer minimum pulse requirement the sun and brake lights would be setting off your detector all the time. Stealth mode is ingenious! It works by sending out only 2 pulses(1 pulse shy of the detector/jammer minimum pulse alert requirement), delays for a fraction of a second, and then it sends out another 2 pulses. The delay in between the set of two pulses is just long enough for the laser detector to reset itself, so it's looking for 3 or more pulses again. This is why stealth mode can't really be changed and that is why I'm calling BS on blinder and Carl Fors. Lidatek and Antilaser both used type R guns to acquire the stealth mode pulse rate and both of these jammers had no problem jamming my type S I sold Roy, the same gun Blinder couldn't jam. Bottom line--- I don't believe the pulse rate changed for stealth, just because of the limited parameters it must work in to defeat detection.

WTF is SML doing at their tests?

About 1 year ago, Laser Atlanta adjusted the pulse rate and also reduced the power output by 1/4 on the newer Laser Atlanta guns. This is something he learned after his engineer "David Adams" examined the lastest model of their guns.
If Carl is even telling the truth why was he using an old type R gun for the Blinder tests last year? He says LA allegedly changed the pulse rate, but he still uses an old gun? Sounds to me that Carl purposely used an old gun to favor blinder if what he’s saying is true. You know the parameters stealth mode must work in order to be effective. Stealth mode’s pulse rate wasn’t changed. Regular modes pulse rate was probably changed, not stealth mode.

The single fact that doesn’t make sense with Blinder is can’t jam the Speed Laser S because it’s alleged that the Speed S has a different pulse rate as of a year ago. Lidatek and AntiLaser had OLD type R’s they used to beat stealth. Why can the other jammers beat the type S on the Type R pulse rate? BECAUSE THE GUNS ARE THE SAME AND BLINDER NEVER DID BEAT STEALTH TO BEGIN WITH!

What does Laser Atlanta say about their Speed Lasers?

What is the difference between S and R? A. The SpeedLaser technology is identical in each model and so you will have the same performance characteristics and menu system in each. Performing speed measurement functions are identical as are the operation modes: Stealth, inclement weather, stop-watch and obstruction

Go to http://www.laseratlanta.com/files/2004_Speed_S_and_R_comparison_FAQ.pdf to see for yourself there are no differences between a type R and S configuration. The only difference is the casing!

Lod
08-30-2005, 02:29 AM

When I joined this board 4 months ago I said from the very beginning Blinder didn't jam or detect stealth mode. In return Leon at Blinder USA and his followers tried to paint me as a guy that had "bad blood" and had an agenda. Seems I was right all along and it really doesn't surprise me that Leon hasn't even apologized for smearing my face through the dirt. Leon, you should be ashamed of yourself!

I had an OLD type R with stealth, like the one Roy had, and then I later got a type S. The type R was black and more then 3 years old!( shown above) Anti-laser bought the older speed laser from me so they could get the stealth mode fix. AntiLaser quickly got the pulse rate of the OLD stealth type R gun and jammed it. Now lets think about this for a minute..... Antilaser got the stealth fix off of the OLD speed laser and they were also able to jam the newer Speed Laser type S! If the pulse rates are different between these two guns why can AntiLaser jam both the type R and S and Blinder can't? Call up Andy at Lidatek and he'll also tell you he got his stealth mode fix off of an older type R as well and his jammer also beats type R and S. What gives? I believe Carl Fors has his facts messed up. Laser Atlanta probably changed the pulse rate of normal operating mode, but stealth mode wasn't changed.

You can't really change the pulse rate of stealth mode because of the way it's designed to defeat detectors and jammers. Detectors and jammers alert to laser/lidar when it recognizes a pulse train of 3 or more pulses of 904/905 nm laser. In an effort to cut down on laser false alerts, a minimum of 3 pulses must be received before a laser alert is given. If the detectors didn't have this buffer minimum pulse requirement the sun and brake lights would be setting off your detector all the time. Stealth mode is ingenious! It works by sending out only 2 pulses(1 pulse shy of the detector/jammer minimum pulse alert requirement), delays for a fraction of a second, and then it sends out another 2 pulses. The delay in between the set of two pulses is just long enough for the laser detector to reset itself, so it's looking for 3 or more pulses again. This is why stealth mode can't really be changed and that is why I'm calling BS on blinder and Carl Fors. Lidatek and Antilaser both used type R guns to acquire the stealth mode pulse rate and both of these jammers had no problem jamming my type S I sold Roy, the same gun Blinder couldn't jam. Bottom line--- I don't believe the pulse rate changed for stealth, just because of the limited parameters it must work in to defeat detection.

If Carl is even telling the truth why was he using an old type R gun for the Blinder tests last year? He says LA allegedly changed the pulse rate, but he still uses an old gun? Sounds to me that Carl purposely used an old gun to favor blinder if what he’s saying is true. You know the parameters stealth mode must work in order to be effective. Stealth mode’s pulse rate wasn’t changed. Regular modes pulse rate was probably changed, not stealth mode.

The single fact that doesn’t make sense with Blinder is can’t jam the Speed Laser S because it’s alleged that the Speed S has a different pulse rate as of a year ago. Lidatek and AntiLaser had OLD type R’s they used to beat stealth. Why can the other jammers beat the type S on the Type R pulse rate? BECAUSE THE GUNS ARE THE SAME AND BLINDER NEVER DID BEAT STEALTH TO BEGIN WITH!

What is the difference between S and R? A. The SpeedLaser technology is identical in each model and so you will have the same performance characteristics and menu system in each. Performing speed measurement functions are identical as are the operation modes: Stealth, inclement weather, stop-watch and obstruction

Go to http://www.laseratlanta.com/files/2004_Speed_S_and_R_comparison_FAQ.pdf to see for yourself there are no differences between a type R and S configuration. The only difference is the casing!

bad news :(

JTW
08-30-2005, 03:47 AM
Considering Blinder's website states the Xtremes jam every gun and in any circumstance I would hope Blinder would upgrade these units for free, much like what Valentine one offers when the flash upgrade.

Demand an upgrade and get it guys

Most people bought the M20 because it was the only jammer that allegedly jammed stealth mode. Now that we know it doesn't something should be done about this. False advertising only gives the advertiser a black eye when the truth is proven.

Lod
08-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Considering Blinder's website states the Xtremes jam every gun and in any circumstance I would hope Blinder would upgrade these units for free, much like what Valentine one offers when the flash upgrade.

Demand an upgrade and get it guys

Most people bought the M20 because it was the only jammer that allegedly jammed stealth mode. Now that we know it doesn't something should be done about this. False advertising only gives the advertiser a black eye when the truth is proven.

You're in the truth!! :D

happya$$
08-30-2005, 07:02 AM

My Beta unit Lidateks DID jam stealth mode with the LA gun that Blinder could not detect nor jam. It jammed it right down to the gun. We tested this on Thursday night (stealthJamal, and Jimbonzzz). I will not say anymore until the results are certified :lol:

edweird
08-30-2005, 12:03 PM

Florida might be a place to be concerned.

The FHP got 35 Laser Atlanta Speed Laser-S guns this year. In 04 they got 75 units from Laser Atlanta, and I don't know the model. Out of approximately 229 laser units, 110 are Laser Atlanta units, 23 are Kustom Signals, and I don't know about the rest.

Whether they use them in Stealth mode or not is another unknown.
:?:

Ed

JTW
08-30-2005, 12:15 PM

The FHP got 35 Laser Atlanta Speed Laser-S guns this year. In 04 they got 75 units from Laser Atlanta, and I don't know the model. Out of approximately 229 laser units, 110 are Laser Atlanta units, 23 are Kustom Signals, and I don't know about the rest.

Ed

Laser Atlanta's are also in Ohio.

Longsnowsm
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I know I expect a free upgrade to fix my new in the box M20 I bought a few weeks ago... I bought it with the full expectation that it defeated all types of laser to include LA Stealth. That is what I am asking for and expect is the free fix for my M20... I hope others demand the same. I think this is pretty outrageous and I expect Blinder Dude to be the stand up guy that everyone says he is and go to bat for his customers and fix this problem.

So what will it be Blinder Dude? Are you going to help us out and fix your product? I just want a straight yes or no. And then I want to know when and how.

Longsnowsm

bigsquid78
08-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Ed

JTW Will the zr3 detect either stelth mode? The other day I went past a brand new HWP car sitting in the middle of rt 10 and nothing went off in my truck. I could not get a clear view of the officerto see if he was shooting or just was setting up. I assumed he was just setting up. This stelth mode makes me wonder if he really was shooting and the zr3 did not pick it up.

happya$$
08-30-2005, 04:14 PM

Ed

The ZR3 does not detect nor jam stealth mode

JTW Will the zr3 detect either stelth mode? The other day I went past a brand new HWP car sitting in the middle of rt 10 and nothing went off in my truck. I could not get a clear view of the officerto see if he was shooting or just was setting up. I assumed he was just setting up. This stelth mode makes me wonder if he really was shooting and the zr3 did not pick it up.

bearcat
08-30-2005, 04:43 PM

Ed

Around were I live they love to use the ultralight 20/20.In fact thats all I have seen them used.

Longsnowsm
08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Here is a thread where Leon is on record saying that the Blinder beats LA stealth...

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=938&highlight=laser+atlanta

Like JTW said, when were we suppose to learn that Blinder pulled the stealth jam mode?

Longsnowsm

SmaartAasSaabr
08-30-2005, 06:31 PM

Well that is what has been said. However I have seen many press photos from the Surete du Quebec ici where they were proudly displaying their Laser Atlantas. Also heard lots of stuff through the grapevine about Ontario local and OPP with such units.

JTW
08-31-2005, 01:53 AM

Ed

The ZR3 or any escort detector does NOT detect stealth mode. I talked with an Escort engineer about 4 months ago and he told me they were working on it and they would have a fix hopefully by Christmas.

JTW

stalker
08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Thats what I like about members on here and Guys of Lidar...NO HIDDEN AGENDAS!!! NO BS!!!!

I am glad JTW has unveiled the truth about this as i am sure there will be alot of peed people out there who have bought a jammer after being told it will jam SA...kinda sounds like a RMR thing ;)

Where is Leon?? are you going to stand up for yourself and bring the facts m8??? Or are there NO facts to bring to the table??

Oh and can people stop "quoting" 6000 word posts when they reply...it is really annoying.

Cheers

nvr2fast
09-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Ouch... and I only just bought a new M20 to completement my existing 2 M20s on other cars :(

I want to think I am purchasing the best available system... Blinder Dude, tell us it ain't so!!! :oops:

stalker
09-01-2005, 06:09 AM
hmm...4 transponders or 1....ill have to think about that...not

StlouisX50
09-02-2005, 06:07 PM
So you are telling me even the newest model of the Blinder M-40 won't jam the Laser Stealth ? They said they won't have a fix till christmas?

Or is the information posted outdated as of September 2 , 2005?

Longsnowsm
09-02-2005, 06:23 PM
All current retail Blinder X-Treme products do not jam LA Stealth. They recognized a problem with the unit and are unable to detect or jam the LA Stealth. They have a prototype model that they will be working to get out in the next few months. An exact timeline has not been established. Blinder Dude and Radar Roy have made an arrangement for forum members to get the fixed model when it is released on an exchange basis. If you already own one of these products you need to contact Blinder Dude via email and let him know your a forum member and want your unit exchanged for the new one when it comes out. Many of us are already doing this.

Longsnowsm

nvr2fast
09-02-2005, 07:27 PM
All current retail Blinder X-Treme products do not jam LA Stealth. They recognized a problem with the unit and are unable to detect or jam the LA Stealth. They have a prototype model that they will be working to get out in the next few months. An exact timeline has not been established. Blinder Dude and Radar Roy have made an arrangement for forum members to get the fixed model when it is released on an exchange basis. If you already own one of these products you need to contact Blinder Dude via email and let him know your a forum member and want your unit exchanged for the new one when it comes out. Many of us are already doing this.

Longsnowsm

Is there a special email address we should email to? PM? Whats the procedure?

Longsnowsm
09-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Email sales@blinderxtreme.com

Tell Leon your a member here and that you want the LA Stealth mode in your Blinder(as long as you have the M20, M30, or M40 Xtreme products). Ask him to put you on the list for the exchange. From there we will have to keep checking in here on this forum for updates on the fixed product.

Longsnowsm

jackenloper
09-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks JTW for keeping us updated about these things.

Good that i did not purchase blinder yet. I have high hopes for lidatek... since they use laser diodes instead of led's.

JTW
09-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks JTW for keeping us updated about these things.

Good that i did not purchase blinder yet. I have high hopes for lidatek... since they use laser diodes instead of led's.

I have higher hopes for Antilaser. They had JTG on every gun except for the old Ultralyte LR, a lidar gun not even in production anymore. They jam the marksman to the gun and those have the same exact pulse rate as the new Ultralyte 100 and 200LR's.

JTW

Veil Guy
09-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Your account may be accurate, however, I suspect many of those guns (likely more) or in circulation and have been for some time.

While the newer LR guns are specified on new RFPs, unless the company has an exchange policy (I would tend to doubt it), those guns are still a very real threat, certainly more than LA stealth mode operations.

My .02 worth just for keeping perspective...

VG 8)

JTW
09-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Your account may be accurate, however, I suspect many of those guns (likely more) or in circulation and have been for some time.

While the newer LR guns are specified on new RFPs, unless the company has an exchange policy (I would tend to doubt it), those guns are still a very real threat, certainly more than LA stealth mode operations.

My .02 worth just for keeping perspective...

VG 8)

Oh I never said they weren't a threat. I wouldn't buy an antilaser until that fix was made for sure! If antilaser can knock out this last gun as quickly as they did with the other ones we're going to have a real winner.

JTW

JTW
09-13-2005, 02:39 AM
If you want to participate in the blinder recall go to this thread for directions.

http://www.radardetector.net/Blinder-M20-X-Treme-recall-sign-up-list-for-Stealth-FIX%21-4891t.php

JTW