PDA

View Full Version : What Brand to buy in Kansas

KCcode1
10-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Does anyone know what LIDAR unit is used in Lawrence KS? I am looking to buy a new jammer and would like to get the one that works the best for my area.

Stealth Stalker
10-14-2008, 12:49 AM
It's really a pointless question to consider. What they use today may not be what they use tomorrow. They buy new things just like you and I do. And it may not be what they use on your next road trip out of town/state. Consequently, you really have to plan for the worst case scenario.

So long as you aren't driving a big, chromed out Mack truck, a dual LI will take care of almost anything. If you're driving a dark, no-chrome, wedge shaped small car, you can get by with a Blinder, so long as you cover your plates and Veil your headlights.

The only two lidar guns listed on this site as known to be in use in KS are the PLIII and the LTI Ultralytes. The former is an easy jam for either jammer. The latter is a challenge for the Blinder if the car is not uber stealthy. But again, it is entirely dependent upon your car.

GTRstikya
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know what LIDAR unit is used in Lawrence KS? I am looking to buy a new jammer and would like to get the one that works the best for my area.

Independant Jammer Test: http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html (http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/laser-jammer-test.html)

Don't buy anything but one of the top 3. Do you buy car insurance for every other month? No, you pay what it takes to ensure you are covered adequately.

Basically, the 2 most popular seem to be BLinder for <$600 front and rear protection. But, it needs Veil to be really effective at shorter distances.

Laser Interceptor costs about $700 front only, $1200 front and rear, but approaches very high effectiveness w/out Veil. (honestly, I'd use Veil no matter what jammer I have. $80/year is worth the added insurance.)

Plus, Blinder and LI have proven to update frequently for new technology, and have a strong user, dealer, and support precense here on the forum group.

But, my point is, would you really want anything that only insures yourself part of the time?

Happy choosing,
Your neighbor, in Kansas City.

hockey005
10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
LI :D

pilot
10-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Im in Kansas City and I see you have a viper in your picture. Im in the viperclub and about 10 of us have LI, plus there is a cop in the club who brings different liidar guns out and it works great. PM me your number and Ill call you if you have any questions. Also I know one of the members installs them and he usually keeps one in stock to sell.

hockey005
10-16-2008, 05:25 AM
pilot thats the veil viper on the veil website :D

GTRstikya
10-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Im in Kansas City and I see you have a viper in your picture. Im in the viperclub and about 10 of us have LI, plus there is a cop in the club who brings different liidar guns out and it works great.

I'd love to come by and test my new equipment on my upcoming Nissan GT-R. For that matter I wouldn't mind testing my current setup. I'm a little unsure about my rear coverage.

Would your group be open to a non-Viper visitor?
What part of town do you meet in? (I'm in NKC.)

06blackgto
10-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Pilot, im just about 30min. south of kc. but im always in kc. I would love to come to a vipershow and try out my system, Im putting alot of faith in my zr4/laserveil blacked out gto...:D

"My father has a 2000gts. and is thinking of joining the viperclub."
but if you guys wouldn't mind, I would really like to try my system out against some of the guns they use around, KC, overlandpark area. thanks.

pilot
10-18-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd love to come by and test my new equipment on my upcoming Nissan GT-R. For that matter I wouldn't mind testing my current setup. I'm a little unsure about my rear coverage.

Would your group be open to a non-Viper visitor?
What part of town do you meet in? (I'm in NKC.)

Im open to all kind of cars, do you have your gt-r, I saw one in my neighborhood about 2 weeks ago. I live a couple miles from n. oak and barry.

pilot
10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey Pilot, im just about 30min. south of kc. but im always in kc. I would love to come to a vipershow and try out my system, Im putting alot of faith in my zr4/laserveil blacked out gto...:D

"My father has a 2000gts. and is thinking of joining the viperclub."
but if you guys wouldn't mind, I would really like to try my system out against some of the guns they use around, KC, overlandpark area. thanks.

No problem, we need to get together, the cop either borrows one from the traffic guys, or we just go meet a couple cops and have a good time. We need to set something up.

GTRstikya
10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Im open to all kind of cars, do you have your gt-r, I saw one in my neighborhood about 2 weeks ago. I live a couple miles from n. oak and barry.

I happen live up North too, I-29/635 intersection.

Right now I'm still in my Infinity...wife graduates in May from anesthesia school; so I just started shopping for my GT-R...allowing lots of time to find that steal of a deal! It's going to take a few months since they are so limited in prodution.

But, I do have a front & rear Blinder and Veil system on my Infinity that I would love to test...if I'm "cool" enough to show up in just a lame sport sedan.

Let me know.

06blackgto
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey Pilot, let me know if you get something setup. I would def. like to see how I do w/all 3 heads up front w/veil.