PDA

View Full Version : Jammer cost

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:00 PM
What you guys think about a Laser Diode jammer that was priced say around $650 for a quad head that performed well against all Lidar guns on the market? This is just hypothetical of course!:cool:

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
would there also be a dual head for a slightly cheaper cost....but a quad head for 650 i think would be a pretty good buy and im sure many ppl out there considering a jammer would strongly consider it depending on the performance of course:D

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
would there also be a dual head for a slightly cheaper cost....but a quad head for 650 i think would be a pretty good buy and im sure many ppl out there considering a jammer would strongly consider it depending on the performance of course:D
What about $450 for dual head? Would that be alright you think?

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 05:06 PM
i think that would make the quad head even a better deal but yet again a good deal on the dual head....what could these hypothetical jammers be compared to in performance wise with whats on the market today

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
i think that would make the quad head even a better deal but yet again a good deal on the dual head....what could these hypothetical jammers be compared to in performance wise with whats on the market today
Great jammers on the market but I would guess it would hang with the best...HHMMMM;)

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 05:10 PM
sounds like you might have a lot of people getting excited about these hypothetical jammers at such a great price

djrams80
01-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. This sounds eerily like th J15 hype.

Lucky225
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Can we code name this 'hypothetical' jammer Laser Intercourse?

:D

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
sounds like you might have a lot of people getting excited about these hypothetical jammers at such a great price
Purely hypothetical of course!!!

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Can we code name this 'hypothetical' jammer Laser Intercourse?

:D
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
if we code name it Laser "Intercourse" what will the short name be since LI is already taken????

djrams80
01-01-2009, 05:33 PM
if we code name it Laser "Intercourse" what will the short name be since LI is already taken????Laser F**k

Lucky225
01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
if we code name it Laser "Intercourse" what will the short name be since LI is already taken????

LIsex

lugnuts
01-01-2009, 05:36 PM
so would this "hypothetical' jammer be another AL clone? or something new?

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
so would this "hypothetical' jammer be another AL clone? or something new?
It would be new!! Something in the design for several years!! If it was real of course.

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 05:52 PM
well hypothetically how long would it be till we would actually get to see this jammer

focalcivic
01-01-2009, 05:53 PM
It would be new!! Something in the design for several years!! If it was real of course.

I think it will be called "Laser don't ban me if I promote anything jammer" LOL :D

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 05:54 PM
well hypothetically how long would it be till we would actually get to see this jammer
Not sure. Its hypothetical of course! Time is funny in hypothetical land!:D

djrams80
01-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Not sure. Its hypothetical of course! Time is funny in hypothetical land!:DWhy all the games? Are you willing to stake your reputation on this new Blinder being laser diode based and a significant improvement over the current version? Time and time again, Blinder reps promise leaps and bounds, but instead we see baby steps.

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Why all the games? Are you willing to stake your reputation on this new Blinder being laser diode based and a significant improvement over the current version? Time and time again, Blinder reps promise leaps and bounds, but instead we see baby steps.

Why so serious? I haven't made any promises or suggestions on the performance...I am not all the other Blinder Reps..You don't see me on here saying the Blinder is the cure all for Laser...I have said from day one that Blinder is not for everyone..I think many on this forum will agree to that. I can not Scream From The Highest Mountain that Blinder Laser Diode will be a cure all..But I will guarantee it will be solid built and be backed by a company that has been in the business for over 15 years and will be here a lot longer and will offer customer service that it can be proud of!

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
it would be nice to get a rough estimate of time for when this may come out...i know you may not be able to mention that...but if you can give a hint or any other info im sure many of us would greatly appreciate it

Lucky225
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM
it would be nice to get a rough estimate of time for when this may come out...i know you may not be able to mention that...but if you can give a hint or any other info im sure many of us would greatly appreciate it

I have a hunch 2009 is the time to Shine ;)

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 06:17 PM

First quarter of the year if I have to guess!..I will keep everyone up-to-date!!! We are working hard to produce a jammer that will be above sub-par and will be affordable...I have passed along my concerns to the higher ups about the need for Laser Diode jammer that is affordable in this hard economic times..But Blinder is determined it will not produce a Diode jammer that is not rock solid built and does not have to worry about service issues..We are not rushing..Till then all your Diode needs are being met by Cliff at LI with his GREAT PRODUCT and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
cant wait to see whats to come and hopefully you can get one out before the next GOL testing so we can all see how it peforms

djrams80
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I haven't made any promises or suggestions on the performance...You certainly have. This is certainly a suggestion.

What you guys think about a Laser Diode jammer that was priced say around $650 for a quad head that performed well against all Lidar guns on the market? This is just hypothetical of course!:cool:

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I was only stating that it would perform against all guns...How well still remains to be tested by the independent testers.. I in no way stated it would JTG every Laser gun out there. I only said it would work against each.

djrams80
01-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I was only stating that it would perform against all guns...How well still remains to be tested by the independent testers.. I in no way stated it would JTG every Laser gun out there. I only said it would work against each.You said it would perform well, hypothetically. Why all the "guess what I kind of know games"? Speculation should be for us consumers. Reps should provide answers. That's the way I see it. If you're not allowed to give us the details, then why say anything at all?

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 06:31 PM
You said it would perform well, hypothetically. Why all the "guess what I kind of know games"? Speculation should be for us consumers. Reps should provide answers. That's the way I see it. If you're not allowed to give us the deatails, then why say anything at all?

Point taken!! Thank You!:) But the hypothetical crap was just for fun..Nothing more..I provided all the information I had in the post just above...I was just poking fun with people...I have always and will always be as straight forward with people as I can. Your right..maybe I'm not supposed to be saying anything..Maybe I am just trying to let you guys know there are new products coming and I'm putting my ass on the line to do it.

focalcivic
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Point taken!! Thank You!:) But the hypothetical crap was just for fun..Nothing more..I provided all the information I had in the post just above...I was just poking fun with people...I have always and will always be as straight forward with people as I can.

I think he is surveying the market and there is no better place than this board, nothing wrong with that. I like the fact he is give us a sneak peek of what to come, no other company does that.

I think if Blinder comes out with a diode jammer it will perform quite well, considering the J16 is respectful and add diodes to that you might have a winner. Another thing no everyone can afford 700 buck so a cheaper diode alternative will rock the market. I think 450 and lower is the magic number considering the LED market is parked there.

Lucky225
01-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I think he is surveying the market and there is no better place than this board, nothing wrong with that. I like the fact he is give us a sneak peek of what to come, no other company does that.

I think if Blinder comes out with a diode jammer it will perform quite well, considering the J16 is respectful and add diodes to that you might have a winner. Another thing no everyone can afford 700 buck so a cheaper diode alternative will rock the market. I think 450 and lower is the magic number considering the LED market is parked there.

x2

Laser Intercourse ftw

V995OHDH
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah 450 and cheaper is definately the number and i think LIsex is def a great abbreviation

Stealth Stalker
01-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm with DJ. Don't foreplay me if you're not positive you can deliver a happy ending. Even then, just get on with it.

djrams80
01-01-2009, 07:14 PM
I provided all the information I hadOK. I just went back and reread this entire thread. You said you provided all the information you had. I just want to clarify what is and what is not part of that information, so I'll just ask, point blank:

1. Are you 100% sure that the next Blinder will be laser diode and not LED?

2. Are you 100% sure that they be priced at $650 for the quad? Also, $450 for the dual?

3. Are you 100% sure that they will perform well against all lidar guns out there? If so, what is your definition of well?

4. You said that you guessed they would hang with the great jammers on the market. Define hang in this context.

Cbr
01-01-2009, 07:21 PM
hmm....this whole thing sounds all too familiar.....something about a pass :confused: :D. But I'm anxious to see if it will actually come to market and work as advertised.

category4
01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
At those price points I would definately try it.

BlinderGuy
01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
OK. I just went back and reread this entire thread. You said you provided all the information you had. I just want to clarify what is and what is not part of that information, so I'll just ask, point blank:

1. Are you 100% sure that the next Blinder will be laser diode and not LED?

The next jammer release will still be around January and will be a upgraded LED..Diode after that.
2. Are you 100% sure that they be priced at $650 for the quad? Also, $450 for the dual?

They intend on keeping the prices around the same as current. There will be several factors that determine final price but I will keep everyone informed.

3. Are you 100% sure that they will perform well against all lidar guns out there? If so, what is your definition of well?

Blinder in Denmark now has every gun on the market now since I sent them the TruSpeed so yes I do not see it being a problem.
4. You said that you guessed they would hang with the great jammers on the market. Define hang in this context.
I think it will be able to perform as well as other Diode jammers currently made. Does that mean I believe it will out-jam them all..NO..Only testing will determine that. It is because Blinder wants to be a top contender that it is taking its time...It doesn't just want a performer but als a jammer built solid so it lasts. We dont want you to have to replace it every year.

Thats what I meant!

djrams80
01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thats what I meant!
Works for me. If it works as good as what you say, that means more good choices for us consumers. More competition means better pricing for us consumers in the long run.

nategr8ns
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
do want! I'm willing to wait until june/july as that is when I'm getting my car.
that price sounds good, but cheaper is always better ;).

focalcivic
01-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I appreciate the honesty. I know everyone will want answers, but as we all know real world testing is the key, diode or led. PASS was a diode jammer at a cheaper price but it did not perform well, diode does not mean great performance. I think Blinder is well vested in the market and is one of the oldest if not the oldest and best overall performing jammers out there. I am willing to bet the next LED version coming out later this month will be a grat product for the money since they have access to the most common guns.

riverwabbit703
01-03-2009, 05:53 PM
First quarter of the year if I have to guess!..I will keep everyone up-to-date!!! We are working hard to produce a jammer that will be above sub-par and will be affordable...I have passed along my concerns to the higher ups about the need for Laser Diode jammer that is affordable in this hard economic times..But Blinder is determined it will not produce a Diode jammer that is not rock solid built and does not have to worry about service issues..We are not rushing..Till then all your Diode needs are being met by Cliff at LI with his GREAT PRODUCT and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Will the new blinders require purchase of the entire new system or work along with older system just needing new add-on parts?