PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with my wife with new laser jammer tester and etc

riverwabbit703
01-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Just got it this afternoon. Wanted to test it. Had my wife sit in the car while I shoot it at the jammers. It's really windy here so wind noise is too loud for me to hear the alerts properly.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this little buzzer.

On very last test, I was standing at least 30 feet away, aimed at my plates, CM, HL, and even side view mirrors and wife gave thumbs up when LI alerted every time. This was the best part.

Next was the worst part... Wife got outta the car and said "what is this?" Your other jammer didn't have woman talking to you!" and BLAH BLAH BLAH Why do you need two jammers?.. BLAH BLAH BLAH

...............I just got caught spending money without telling her. I totally forgot that I bought LI without telling her.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo BUSTED!

What can I say? I'm a speed countermeasure addict now.

speed-dreams
01-24-2009, 03:10 PM
What guns it alerted to?
Should of told her the other one is a back up...

riverwabbit703
01-24-2009, 03:42 PM
What guns it alerted to?

Speed, I did not tell wife to take notes on which gun. Car is in the garage and I will go out and test it again since it's quiet in the garage so I can hear. The jammer tester suppose to come with 5 laser gun pulses.

Wife just upset that I didn't tell her. We came to a settlement. She will receive 1000 more than I will on our tax return.

riverwabbit703
01-24-2009, 05:36 PM
What guns it alerted to?

Speed,

Voice alert said, first alert was:

synoptic clone? or ultralyte

second

marksman 20/20

Third

prolaser 3 or prolite

laser tester has three different pps 100, 125, 200

th3 factory freak
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Speed,

Voice alert said, first alert was:

synoptic clone? or ultralyte

second

marksman 20/20

Third

prolaser 3 or prolite

laser tester has three different pps 100, 125, 200

Did you get it on Ebay? Pictures?

Sounds like the one I've got.

Lucky225
01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
LOL @ woman talking voices on rd's, I love when women get jealous of electronics.

riverwabbit703
01-24-2009, 08:50 PM

Yes.. It's a red rectangle box. I was having fun shooting it from distance and from different angles.

riverwabbit703
01-24-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL @ woman talking voices on rd's, I love when women get jealous of electronics.

Maybe call Cliff to see male version is available.

speed-dreams
01-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Wife just upset that I didn't tell her. We came to a settlement. She will receive 1000 more than I will on our tax return.[/quote]
Seems like she walked out with a better deal...

riverwabbit703
01-26-2009, 09:18 AM

As you know I just got mine on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone know how wide the beam is coming from the tester is.

From close range about 10 feet, I can stand up and shoot it down in an angle and get alerts on the LI but at a longer distance like at 30 feet and over, I'll have to crouch down the the jammer head level to get any alerts. I've checked the level of the jammer heads and they are in perfect 90 degrees angle.

I've gone far as 80 feet and it will still alert the LI only when crouched down.

speed-dreams
01-26-2009, 09:48 AM
As you know I just got mine on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone know how wide the beam is coming from the tester is.

From close range about 10 feet, I can stand up and shoot it down in an angle and get alerts on the LI but at a longer distance like at 30 feet and over, I'll have to crouch down the the jammer head level to get any alerts. I've checked the level of the jammer heads and they are in perfect 90 degrees angle.

I've gone far as 80 feet and it will still alert the LI only when crouched down.
I think it's the LI ability's to detect it rather than the tester range...
Those LED on testers don't have more than 40ft in my experience.