PDA

View Full Version : Run LPP together with Blinder-M25?

BMW-MZ3
04-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Hello,

I have and existing Blinder M25 install and just got a used laser pro park ( v8.3 hardware and v10.1 firmware) I would like to run both.

I have had the blinder for about a year, but never once got a "report" and I'm sure some of the state LO's I passed must be running laser?

Anyway, here are two front pics of my car. One showing the front and where the blinder units are installed, the second is where I was thinking of installing the LPP unit.

any and all ideas / advice is welcome!

Thank You,
//MZ3

th3 factory freak
04-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Use the add a circuit kit to wire the power so you don't have to splice any wires.

BMW-MZ3
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Umm, that's not my question...

speed-dreams
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Don't run both on that small front end... You'd most likely see a cross-talk between your 2 jammers. Do the M25 up front and the LPP in the rear, or LPP front and M25 rear...

crazyVOLVOrob
04-11-2009, 02:52 PM
there was a time when I ran my Blinder M20 and my AL7 upfront on my car with no problems

AL7 was mounted directly under my plate and my two blinder heads were in the corners of the under side of the bumper center opening

I had great JTG performance

BMW-MZ3
04-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I was thinking that both would be a bit much for the front of my car. That said, would you recommend keeping my existing blinders up front, or putting the LPP up front?

Of course, I would like to have the best protection up front. If you suggest the LPP, would you be so kind as recommend a spot?

Any MA testing going on this year?

Cheers,
//MZ3

speed-dreams
04-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I was thinking that both would be a bit much for the front of my car. That said, would you recommend keeping my existing blinders up front, or putting the LPP up front?
Are rear laser common in your area?
I think either the M25 front or LPP front would be fine, you can determine this by testing it

crazyVOLVOrob
04-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Any MA testing going on this year?

Cheers,
//MZ3
PM me and I might be able to tell you where some testing will be going on;)

BMW-MZ3
04-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Hello SD,

I don't think laser is that common in my area, I saw a LEO last year shooting, I got the blinders, now I have not been hit once! (which is good)

I'll see if I can do some testing this year.

Thank you guys for all the feedback!

Cheers,
//MZ3

Cherokee Driver
04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Not sure you what region your in, I would put some extra sealent on the edges of the lens of the lpp and the rear cable boot to protect against moisture, because lpp's have been known too let moisture in and that can produce problems you dont want.

I would put the Blinders upfront and the LPP in the rear. Nice car btw.

BMW-MZ3
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the tips Audi Driver, I will 'seal it up'

The front was nicer before a valet driver put that bop right dead center under my plate! (I fought and fought but to no avail) :mad:

What kind of Audi do you run? (I miss my old 4000S!)

Cheers,
//MZ3

Cherokee Driver
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
What kind of Audi do you run? (I miss my old 4000S!)
I dont have my 2002 Audi S4 anymore...My family growing larger made me get ride of it so we could save money then just traded up again for a Grand Cherokee.

IRCMUSA
04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Back in the day when i was doing all my testing i found i had better performance with a m25 dual and single lpp in the center.

BMW-MZ3
04-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Back in the day when i was doing all my testing i found i had better performance with a m25 dual and single lpp in the center.

Hi IRCMUSA,

One member stated that that would be "too much" up front and perhaps get crosstalk. How will I know if i get crosstalk or they are canceling each other? Will they just keep going off?

Cheers
//MZ3

rsatmans
04-16-2009, 08:25 AM
You will not know until you test it or get a ticket

crazyVOLVOrob
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Hi IRCMUSA,

One member stated that that would be "too much" up front and perhaps get crosstalk. How will I know if i get crosstalk or they are canceling each other? Will they just keep going off?

Cheers
//MZ3
Believe me it has been tested and its not too much

Cherokee Driver
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Hi IRCMUSA,

Cheers
//MZ3

Since your bmw is not big, I would run the M25's upfront and the lpp in the rear.

Stealth Stalker
04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
That's the bottom line. There is ALWAYS potential for cross-talk between jammers. Always. Whether or not it actually happens is completely dependent upon your individual installation, and you won't know until you test.

This is like asking if a particular car will wreck. The potential is there for any car to wreck. You just won't know til it happens.

speed-dreams
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
That's the bottom line. There is ALWAYS potential for cross-talk between jammers. Always. Whether or not it actually happens is completely dependent upon your individual installation, and you won't know until you test.

This is like asking if a particular car will wreck. The potential is there for any car to wreck. You just won't know til it happens.
Word!
Also, the people that know they jammers don't cross-talk is because they have tested and adjusted their setups numerous times. The safest thing is not to run more than 1 jammer at the same time.