PDA

View Full Version : Jammers for my Camry?

surefirefan
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello all, I am shopping around for a laser jammer($450 budget max) for my Toyota Camry 1998. The color is white and has a front license plate as well.. I am thinking about ZR3 shifters or the Blinder M27 when they come out. But I heard that the ZR3s won't work so well for my case? I just want a front set up for now and won't be planning to get rears for my car any time soon. Also the head lights are pretty reflective. Hope you guys can help me out with the best set up for my car! Also, are they hard to install and would I need to cut the grills for them to fit? Thanks!!

category4
05-23-2009, 07:40 PM
At that price the Blinder may be best for you. Wait a few weeks to see how it performs once it is released.

surefirefan
05-23-2009, 07:45 PM
At that price the Blinder may be best for you. Wait a few weeks to see how it performs once it is released.

Aweome, thanks and will do :)

category4
05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
The Zr4's might work for you too if you veil the headlights. What color is your car?

surefirefan
05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
The Zr4's might work for you too if you veil the headlights. What color is your car?

Yea I was just about to ask if the Zr4's would work for my car as well? Color is white :( Apparently I heard that is the most reflective color :(

gadgetman
05-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Check out my wifes Camry. Look at the position where I mounted my LI's.

Dual LI front Camary (http://blip.tv/file/951963)

Best Regards,

snoopyc4
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
stay away from the zr3 or zr4 for ur vehicle. Since u run a front plate and ur car is white, ur car is very reflective. Id go with the blinder. its a stronger LED jammer than the zr4 or zr3. Also, buy a plate cover if theyre legal in ur state

surefirefan
05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
stay away from the zr3 or zr4 for ur vehicle. Since u run a front plate and ur car is white, ur car is very reflective. Id go with the blinder. its a stronger LED jammer than the zr4 or zr3. Also, buy a plate cover if theyre legal in ur state

Thanks! Thats what I thought as someone else on here also told me that the zr3s won't work well with my car being how it is. Well I know plate covers are not legal here as I was watching erickonphoenix's*lives in same city as me* videos where he got pulled over and the cop told him that he was not allowed to have the plate covers. But then I wouldn't be able to remove them as the law requires you to have front and back plates on all times.... oh also would veil help? Side note.. Hahaha while driving to Hobby airport with dad to pick up grandpa earlier today.. I saw this toyota camry 2007 infront of me and I instantly noticed that he used veil on his back lights as it was like black all over it xD, so they do actually work and woth the $90 price tag?

snoopyc4
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Alright another Houston member, wat part? :D The veil DEF works. I use it on my F150 with my ZR4s and so far its helped me achieve ticket saving performance (3/3 on laser encouters).

surefirefan
05-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Alright another Houston member, wat part? :D The veil DEF works. I use it on my F150 with my ZR4s and so far its helped me achieve ticket saving performance (3/3 on laser encouters).

Awesome! Does Veil have a smaller can or if I can split the price with someone? Don't want to pay $90 for a full can haha, on a budget here. Yes I am another Houston member, actually erick referred me here when I asked him on YT. To be precise I live in Sugar Land as well! All im telling you is that I live close enough to ride my bicycle to the First Colony Mall in 5 minutes, although I never do that.. ever :). So looks like for now I will be getting the Blinder M27 when they get out and once I have enough money, almost there!!! Thanks to everyone who posted!! Still looking for suggestions though!

snoopyc4
05-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Awesome! Does Veil have a smaller can or if I can split the price with someone? Don't want to pay $90 for a full can haha, on a budget here. Yes I am another Houston member, actually erick referred me here when I asked him on YT. To be precise I live in Sugar Land as well! All im telling you is that I live close enough to ride my bicycle to the First Colony Mall in 5 minutes, although I never do that.. ever :). So looks like for now I will be getting the Blinder M27 when they get out and once I have enough money, almost there!!! Thanks to everyone who posted!! Still looking for suggestions though!

VEIL doesnt come in a smaller can, srry. My last suggestion to u is to post a pic of the front end of ur vehicle (with liscense plate covered). That way, we can help u decide where to mount the jammer heads

surefirefan
05-24-2009, 01:31 PM
snoopy - you got pm

category4
05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Veil and ZR4's have proven to be quite effective, as DJ has proven. Veil has proven it can make a less powerful jammer a powerful combo. If you are willing to Veil the headlights you can have a fairly cheap and effective jammer.

The only difference in the ZR3's and ZR4's is the 4's can jam the Laser Atlanta stealth mode. I own a LA and I can tell you there are few if any LEO's out there that even know how to turn stealth mode on. It's in a hidden menu and if you do the required test procedures prior to using, it goes back to default mode.

I would say the possibility of running into stealth mode in the wild is 0%.

surefirefan
05-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks! Decided to switch cars for the jammers, making new thread now. :)

jrock23
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
go with the blinder m 27