PDA

View Full Version : Loover License Plate Shield block laser?

untrueparadox
08-29-2009, 04:21 PM
anyone have one of these or had the chance to test one out? it looks like it might help if the laser isnt shot at a direct angle with the plate. anyone have opinions?

http://loover.com/order.htm

Stealth Stalker
08-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I know of nobody who has tested it, but I sure wouldn't trust it to do anything on laser. It's clear plastic. While it may make plates unreadable, it's still going to allow a significant light return, which is all that laser needs. And I am betting these things will get you more LEO attention than any other plate device made too.

v1user
08-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't want it just because of the attention it would get.

Z1NONLY
08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
"clearly visible from behind"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

snoopyc4
08-29-2009, 09:24 PM
I doubt it. Any reliable laser defense will cost you over $400.

untrueparadox
08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
i meant as in an alternative to something like laser shield and veil on the license plate. a passive defense. probably no huh?

snoopyc4
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
i meant as in an alternative to something like laser shield and veil on the license plate. a passive defense. probably no huh?

No. No alternative. You have to get a laser jammer system if you want to have protection against police laser.

v1user
08-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Nope. Your still going to get reflections.

Lucky225
08-29-2009, 10:59 PM

No. No alternative. You have to get a laser jammer system if you want to have protection against police laser.

X2, Veil and Plate covers will HELP with Punch Throughs, but you NEED a jammer if you want to defend yourself against Laser.

untrueparadox
08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
ya i understand ill need a jammer no matter what but i thought this might be used in place of veil on a license plate. i guess not.

benelliboy
08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
At super close distance I could see it possibly working. But at mid to long range this loover thing would not have a chance. Sorry man, I am not trying to be rude! This loover thing looks really ugly. Also, I dont think anyone on this board would use it!

Lucky225
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM
ya i understand ill need a jammer no matter what but i thought this might be used in place of veil on a license plate. i guess not.

I don't know about loover, I'd go with a Laser Shield personally.

untrueparadox
09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
At super close distance I could see it possibly working. But at mid to long range this loover thing would not have a chance. Sorry man, I am not trying to be rude! This loover thing looks really ugly. Also, I dont think anyone on this board would use it!

agreed. i think it would actually raise my chance of getting pulled over :p:p

Batman
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
anyone have one of these or had the chance to test one out? it looks like it might help if the laser isnt shot at a direct angle with the plate. anyone have opinions?

Stop Photo Radar License Plate Cover (http://loover.com/order.htm)
This product would almost certainly get you pulled over just for using it which neutralizes any value you get against cameras.

category4
09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
All that will get you is pulled over from the first LEO that sees it.