PDA

View Full Version : Laser Jammers

Jstglockem
09-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this thought. . I was reading about some of the lasers that cops use and noticed that some of them say that they are being jammed, which is not good if you are in a State where they are against the law. (laser Jammers)I did read that the Blinder was the best at not advertising to the cop that it is being jammed. Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone know if the "LI" has a problem with letting the cops know that it is jamming them? I did go and try to look at past post and really did not see a bunch of feedback on these issue. Happy Labor Day.

BlinderGuy
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this thought. . I was reading about some of the lasers that cops use and noticed that some of them say that they are being jammed, which is not good if you are in a State where they are against the law. (laser Jammers)I did read that the Blinder was the best at not advertising to the cop that it is being jammed. Does anyone know if this is true? Does anyone know if the "LI" has a problem with letting the cops know that it is jamming them? I did go and try to look at past post and really did not see a bunch of feedback on these issue. Happy Labor Day.
I have seen from my experience that all jammers give jam codes. I have not seen the Blinder or the LI really give more codes than the other. I own both and test with both regularly. Cops see jam codes often so most don't pay attention to them. Cars that don't even have a jammer have been known to give codes even when not jamming.
Just remember when using the jammer to slow down and cut it off and you will be fine. Many members use jammers everyday in states they are illegal and have not had problems.

Jstglockem
09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks, that truly is a big help.

oahuyahoo
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
From the Ultralyte user manual.

Jam Indicator

The JAM display indicator (page 15) on the back panel screen may blink
during a measurement, and may be accompanied by the jam tone
(page 21). This indicates that the instrument is being flooded by light
and is having difficulty detecting its own signal. There are two possible
situations:

• You are targeting a strong light source such as headlights.

-or-

• A targeted vehicle is employing a laser jamming device.
Regardless of the level of interference, you will never get an erroneous
speed reading.

• At a low level of interference, a speed may be captured or
an E03 error code may be displayed.

• At a high level of interference, an E07 error code will be
displayed.

Figure 17. Sample Speed Measurement - Departing Vehicle

MPH
SPEED

The number code does not necessarily reveal the jamming source. The officer pretty much has to guess from this point forward. If you can turn it off, let him get a shot and continue on your way.

snoopyc4
09-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I know the Li will throw a jam code on the Laser Atlanta.

category4
09-07-2009, 04:19 PM

Any bright light throws a jam code on the LA.

TSi+WRX
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008/08_jam_codes.gif

Like the others said, this also depends on, somewhat, the user (technique) as well as the specific conditions (i.e. standard incandescent DRLs on Hondas and Toyotas have been known to trigger spurious JA-3 codes on the Laser Atlanta), and also, furthermore, the specific firmware of the LIDAR device.

takeshi
09-08-2009, 05:23 PM
If you look around you'll find plenty of clips of guns throwing jam codes without even a car in sight.

I was reading about some of the lasers that cops use and noticed that some of them say that they are being jammed, which is not good if you are in a State where they are against the law.
Just don't JTG.

Rottman
09-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Lets not forget the famous JA3 code from the empty street.....

category4
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Lets not forget the famous JA3 code from the empty street.....

True so true!!1