PDA

View Full Version : Antilaser upgradeable?

guardian
11-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Anyone know if the Antilaser Gen6 be software upgradeable, or upgradeable at all?

crazyVOLVOrob
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
It will be Software upgradeable per internet connection....or at least that i was told awhile ago

guardian
11-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Sweet, exactly what I'm looking for...

It will be Software upgradeable per internet connection....or at least that i was told awhile ago

Won Hunglo
11-29-2005, 07:47 PM
That information will be released in two more weeks.

stalker
11-30-2005, 01:34 AM
hahaa software upgradable...they cant even upgrade their release date or update potential buyers and return their emails...

Dreaming!!!

crazyVOLVOrob
11-30-2005, 02:11 AM
hahaa software upgradable...they cant even upgrade their release date or update potential buyers and return their emails...

Dreaming!!!Wait till drivesmart tries to come to the states.....They will have to go through the same process that AntiLaser is doing right now....so the verdict is that AntiLaser will be in the states before drivesmart...just my estimations

drive-smart
11-30-2005, 02:24 AM
Maybe arrive sooner in the US than you think :wink:
We have a real product with a real release schedual also its correct that our system is fully software updateable via downloads from our website.

stalker
11-30-2005, 05:17 AM

Dreaming!!!Wait till drivesmart tries to come to the states.....They will have to go through the same process that AntiLaser is doing right now....so the verdict is that AntiLaser will be in the states before drivesmart...just my estimations

why you say that to me?? I dont work for them...I just know a good product when I see it.

crazyVOLVOrob
11-30-2005, 12:02 PM

why you say that to me?? I dont work for them...I just know a good product when I see it.you just seem to be promoting them and they don't really even have there jammers tested by anyone but themselves yet....

If i was drivesmart I'd slow down and keep in mind that one jammer company will sue them if their jammer is poop compared to DriveSmart

AntiLaser isn't a brand new company they have been jamming lidar for years in Croatia...Now they want to enter the american market and stay there

drive-smart
11-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Slow down?LOL :D
Why would we need to slow down?
I think a lot of other companies would love us to slow down :D
We have already proved our technology works.
The video we did was just to show that the system is up and running.

crazyVOLVOrob
11-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Slow down?LOL :D
Why would we need to slow down?
I think a lot of other companies would love us to slow down :D
We have already proved our technology works.
The video we did was just to show that the system is up and running.yeah well what gun were you using did you test it with other guns? AntiLaser is up and running and they are working on the release right now...

DriveSmart have a patent attorney ready if you want to release in the states....I have a feeling it will come in handy if your production released jammer turns out better than a certain company

stalker
11-30-2005, 03:22 PM
how can they be sued if they completly designd the product from the ground up themselves.

I promote them cause as i have already mentioned it is a great product and these guys know what they are doing and they provide a service that surpasses anything i have seen....I havnt heard of anyone that has sent them and email and not got a reply...i beleive I am still waiting for a reply from the AL guys from 3 months ago!!! :roll:

JohnJ80
11-30-2005, 04:01 PM
how can they be sued if they completly designd the product from the ground up themselves.

I promote them cause as i have already mentioned it is a great product and these guys know what they are doing and they provide a service that surpasses anything i have seen....I havnt heard of anyone that has sent them and email and not got a reply...i beleive I am still waiting for a reply from the AL guys from 3 months ago!!! :roll:

They can be sued if they violate patents. It doesn't make any difference if they designed it from the ground up themselves or not. They still need to stay clear of the patents.

The only way around that is if they can demonstrate that had developed the patented idea BEFORE the person who filed the patent (called 'prior art'). That is usually a long shot however. This would only come about after the infringing product was marketed, the patent holder would sue, and then the judge would decide. Often, but depending on the case, the judge may issue a restraining order preventing the infringing device from being sold until the judge rules (length of the the trial essentially).

So, if they did violate a patent then they can be sued. Rumor has it that the patent that they violated is Blinders and that Blinders will sue as soon as they sell one here. One thing that may be taking so long is that they are trying to engineer a solution that doesn't violate the patent.

At any rate, the issue in many of these things is that it isn't so much the issue, but the litigation and associated expenses. Trial is tough and expensive. Making a whole bunch of devices that may have to be scrapped due to patents is also a very expensive proposition. I would bet Antilaser is being very careful (and so would Drive Smart) and is doing what they can to make sure they are clear of all of this. Even if they are, a patent fight is a mess and would be very expensive - especially if a temporary restraining order is issued.

J.

crazyVOLVOrob
11-30-2005, 06:11 PM

They can be sued if they violate patents. It doesn't make any difference if they designed it from the ground up themselves or not. They still need to stay clear of the patents.

The only way around that is if they can demonstrate that had developed the patented idea BEFORE the person who filed the patent (called 'prior art'). That is usually a long shot however. This would only come about after the infringing product was marketed, the patent holder would sue, and then the judge would decide. Often, but depending on the case, the judge may issue a restraining order preventing the infringing device from being sold until the judge rules (length of the the trial essentially).

So, if they did violate a patent then they can be sued. Rumor has it that the patent that they violated is Blinders and that Blinders will sue as soon as they sell one here. One thing that may be taking so long is that they are trying to engineer a solution that doesn't violate the patent.

At any rate, the issue in many of these things is that it isn't so much the issue, but the litigation and associated expenses. Trial is tough and expensive. Making a whole bunch of devices that may have to be scrapped due to patents is also a very expensive proposition. I would bet Antilaser is being very careful (and so would Drive Smart) and is doing what they can to make sure they are clear of all of this. Even if they are, a patent fight is a mess and would be very expensive - especially if a temporary restraining order is issued.

J.^^reasons why i want these new jamming companies to take it slow when entering the american market^^

I have gotten timely responses from AntiLaser every email...but then i don't ask them what everyone is asking them for...the release date...

I also have a jammer already so I am patient to see there product come out

JohnJ80
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
With any technology product, you have to be careful.

I just bought a blinders for my new car (bmw 530i wagon, comes this week) - couldn't wait for this to shake out any longer. At some point you just need to decide...

J.

drive-smart
12-01-2005, 04:01 AM
We know all about various Patents :D
UK is just the same as the US for various legal aspects,The only thing that is better here is that business is not run by lawyers like in the US and you do not have to employ another lawyer to watch your own lawyer like you do in the US!LOL :wink:
Anyway best man wins hey? :wink:
Loads of tests coming with different guns including Stealth mode jamming etc so do not worry about this.

JohnJ80
12-01-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the new units. After some evaluations and some of the musings of the early adopters here, I'll upgrade if they are that much better.

J.

SportsFan
12-01-2005, 04:18 PM
I would like to see some more information on AntiLaser (AL6). All I have seen so far is some talk and discussion about it, but I haven't been able to find a direct link to any web site that provides any detailed info about it (product description, specs, cost, etc.)......

crazyVOLVOrob
12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I would like to see some more information on AntiLaser (AL6). All I have seen so far is some talk and discussion about it, but I haven't been able to find a direct link to any web site that provides any detailed info about it (product description, specs, cost, etc.)......
http://www.antilaser.info/en/
http://www.kc8unj.com/radar/guysoflidar/shootout05/lasertests.html

Price has yet to be decided and the release date no one knows the exact date

Dr:Tom
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
AntiLaser isn't a brand new company they have been jamming lidar for years in Croatia...Now they want to enter the american market and stay there

wow :shock:

My country :)
who would even think about you guys talking about it :idea:

link to antilaser for more info: http://www.antilaser.info/en/

price? here it is around 350-400 €

TeamQuack
12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
wow it looks really good, can't wait until it arrives! What if you wanted rear detection though? Does it have the potential to add another "outer" unit to the back of the car and work with the same inner switch? I can't imagine having 2 inner switches!

crazyVOLVOrob
12-04-2005, 06:43 PM
front and back would work on the same switch if you added a rear unit to the module that is connected to the front unit....And you wouldn't need a different switch cause if you are reaching for the on/off switch you are at a legal speed...or atleast i'd hope so

stealthJamal
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM

You mean the AL6 is already selling in Croatia??? I might have to take a trip to Croatia and get one. I'll go when the weather is nice. I heard Croatia has some really nice beaches and there is no pollution. Now that people aren't fighting anymore, it looks like a really nice country.

mgoblue006
12-04-2005, 08:40 PM
On friday I received an email from Antilaser from a question I asked if the inner module will be available with 4 connectors instead of buying 2 inner modules. They told me that the 4 connector module will be available in Feb 2006.

Mackid343
12-04-2005, 09:51 PM
You mean the AL6 is already selling in Croatia??? I might have to take a trip to Croatia and get one. I'll go when the weather is nice. I heard Croatia has some really nice beaches and there is no pollution. Now that people aren't fighting anymore, it looks like a really nice country.

they've been around for quite a while. the Antilaser Gen. 6 isnt available yet anywhere if i'm not mistaken. they've had the previous generations which are currently available in croatia. on their website they have videos of the 2005 model and the 2004 model in action. http://www.antilaser.info/en/Proof.htm

Cerberus
12-05-2005, 09:38 AM

stealth... you definitely heard correct! Croatia was named the Top destination of the world for 2005 and it looks like it's going to be the top destination again for '06! As Croatian, I am telling you that there is no better place for driving than in Croatia (not to mention serpentine-like roads that over look Adriatic).

as far as AL6 already being sold in Croatia... well, it is Croatian-made product... thus, it makes sense that is already being sold there and not in the USA (US is prolly one of the toughest markets to penetrate despite the fact that it is "open/competitive market")

for Dr:Tom-- od kud si?

Dr:Tom
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
stealth... you definitely heard correct! Croatia was named the Top destination of the world for 2005 and it looks like it's going to be the top destination again for '06! As Croatian, I am telling you that there is no better place for driving than in Croatia (not to mention serpentine-like roads that over look Adriatic).

yup,
I didn't mean to brag obout Croatia...but it's true, it was top destination for holidays 05' and maybe also 06', we'll see :)
if Antilaser goes to mass production...then it will be on top for sure ha ha :)

everybody will bring home a little jamming souvenir :)

2 cerberus: From Zg! check my homepage.... :wink:
http://free-ri.t-com.hr/DrTom/

Mackid343
12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

i'll be bringing home more than one if i ever go - haha :wink:

Crash
12-06-2005, 04:40 AM

yup,
I didn't mean to brag obout Croatia...but it's true, it was top destination for holidays 05' and maybe also 06', we'll see :)
if Antilaser goes to mass production...then it will be on top for sure ha ha :)

2 cerberus: From Zg! check my homepage.... :wink:
http://free-ri.t-com.hr/DrTom/

Croatia is really nice, but their hospitality (part of the populace, not all) towards some of their neighbors is seriously lacking, so I don´t really go there for holidays anymore.
The Antilaser crew are very open and forthcoming (I even got an offer to be their representative in my country) and if they say they are busy working on importing it to the US I believe them. It´ll definitely be worth the wait.

JTW
12-06-2005, 11:18 AM

why you say that to me?? I dont work for them...I just know a good product when I see it.you just seem to be promoting them and they don't really even have there jammers tested by anyone but themselves yet....

If i was drivesmart I'd slow down and keep in mind that one jammer company will sue them if their jammer is poop compared to DriveSmart

Rob, why do you care if any company gets sued by Blinder? And why is everyone afraid to say Blinder is going to sue? Leon says it all the time to scare other people off. If drive-smart hits the market, is tested to be a good jammer, then people will buy the product. It's going to take a while for Blinder to sue them(if they want to spend the money on attorneys), but why would the customer who already bought the thing give a rats arse? You're not going to get sued and they're not going to take the jammer away from you. I just don't get where you're coming from. Let every jammer company enter the market ASAP and we'll see if Blinder really is going to sue or not....not that a lawsuit determines if a competative jammer company's product works or not.

JTW

TeamQuack
12-06-2005, 11:40 AM
On friday I received an email from Antilaser from a question I asked if the inner module will be available with 4 connectors instead of buying 2 inner modules. They told me that the 4 connector module will be available in Feb 2006.

i take it the 4 connector inner module will allow front outter and rear outter connection with one switch? Or will it allow 2 front outter and 2 rear outter modules (total 4)?

Basically, how many inner module connections do you need for 1 outter module? 1 or 2?

Crash
12-06-2005, 12:48 PM

i take it the 4 connector inner module will allow front outter and rear outter connection with one switch? Or will it allow 2 front outter and 2 rear outter modules (total 4)?

Basically, how many inner module connections do you need for 1 outter module? 1 or 2?

Not really sure, but as far as I remember the Antilaser 6 is only able to fit two heads, but maybe they´ve changed the design now.

mgoblue006
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
In my email Antilaser told me that there will be a basic junction box which will conatin 2 connection inputs to connect 2 jamming heads and a Advance junction box that will contain 4 connection inputs to connect up to 4 jamming heads. Each junction box will have one switch. They told me that the Advance junction box will be available in Feb. 2006.

Won Hunglo
12-06-2005, 10:35 PM
[quote="TeamQuack"][quote=mgoblue006]On friday I received an email from Antilaser from a question I asked if the inner module will be available with 4 connectors instead of buying 2 inner modules. They told me that the 4 connector module will be available in Feb 2006.

Who knows until something is finally released.