PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to the AL6 or the Defender 2 jammer

ryce4u
12-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Hey guys,
Its been a while since i heard anything from the AL6 or the Defender 2 jammer. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? Shouldn't it be out for production by now?

stalker
12-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Defender 2 is currently going thru final testing with all the poular lidar guns and it is kicking as$!!!

The case tooling has been completed and they hope to be shipping b4 the new year...so within the coming weeks.

In regards to AL6....who knows..wont be anytime soon if at all!

drive-smart
12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
We are just finishing off the internal box that will have all the LEDS/buttons etc and it will be removeable so you can plug into your computer for software updates.
Again this is real cutting edge technology and a worlds first.
We will be taking pre-orders in the next couple of weeks.
Test units will be available as well later next month,We will be doing some indepth video's with the LTI guns just after Christmas.
There will be some very very interesting scientific info posted that will dispell all the myths and BS surrounding jammers it will also show why no one can Jam the LTI guns successfully :wink:

SmaartAasSaabr
12-15-2005, 11:47 AM
it will also show why no one can Jam the LTI guns successfully :wink:

Is that including you guys? :lol:

drive-smart
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
it will also show why no one can Jam the LTI guns successfully :wink:

Is that including you guys? :lol:

LOL No that does not include us!LOL :D

drive-smart
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
We will be happy to show everyone and provide samples next month so you can see how well we jam the LTI range along with everything else :D

brick
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Test units will be available as well later next month,We will be doing some indepth video's with the LTI guns just after Christmas.
There will be some very very interesting scientific info posted that will dispell all the myths and BS surrounding jammers it will also show why no one can Jam the LTI guns successfully :wink:

I can't wait to read that...I love the techie stuff. Care to give us any advance hints on why they are so hard to jam?

drive-smart
12-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Focusing for a start! :wink:

Carlos from Spain
12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
I personally can't wait to see and test the Defender2; Dual laser diode transponder, pulse rate detection tecnology, user software upgradeable, interface with Drive-Smart GPS system and posible future interface with radar detection, obstacle detection function excuse... it sounds just brilliant, kudos to Drive-Smart.

We may end up calling the Defender2 the first "2nd generation" jammer, because I don't see any other jammer that we know of coming close.

Ditto for the techie stuff BTW, can't wait to read more on it.

stalker
12-16-2005, 01:20 AM
We may end up calling the Defender2 the first "2nd generation" jammer, because I don't see any other jammer that we know of coming close

Ill second that...hip hip hooray

stalker
12-16-2005, 03:12 AM
oh and where is the antilaser guys?? i know they wer on here alot when they started...seemed to have fizzled...gone on the downlow eh ;)

crazyVOLVOrob
12-16-2005, 04:20 PM
Stalker you can't rush perfection the AntiLaser guys will not settle for punch through on the LTI :lol: The new one is already for sell in Croatia since they don't use the Ultralyte in that country

Other jammers due successfully jam the LTI....Blinder M20, and the BELscort jammer

Unless the defender system can beat the LTI ultraltye mounted on a tripod JTG or with less than 150ft that is a very succesful jam

stalker
12-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Oh it does already.... every Lidar gun out there it jams

crazyVOLVOrob
12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh it does already.... every Lidar gun out there it jamswith no punch through? JTG everytime much like the prototype AL6 currently for sale in the Croatia?

stalker
12-16-2005, 05:43 PM
just wait and see ;)

jimbonzzz
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
There are plenty of jammers already out there that will give low punchthroughs on most guns. But I think ultimately what enthusiasts want is the ability to JTG at all distances, on all guns, with normal targeting. The first jammer that can do that will be the one I'll buy. So far, the only thing I have seen with my own eyes that has come close to that is the Antilaser prototype.

There might be others in development that will be able to do it just as well or better, but that largely remains to be seen.

Jim

StlouisX50
12-17-2005, 12:32 AM
I'M personaly alittle ticked at the Antilaser guys. I have sent emails to them with no responce. I don't like there being no customer service. Customer service is a big part in how I do my buying. I had heard the Antilaser would be out late this year, then early next year. I'm sick of not getting a good anwser from the antilaser folks. Just get some truthfull anwser, tell us whats going on ect. It also bothers me that the testing is taking this long , by the time they fix the LTI problem , there will be another laser gun out that will have a new threat to us im sure. So the purchase of the unit could end up being a waste.

I have not heard much about the Defender 2, where can I find information on this product.
Also, will there be test videos to show the actual person using the lidar gun, the gun itself and the Defender 2's proformance on all lidar guns? I know there was a member that was concerned that they could not see the lidar gun being used in some of the other jamming videos, concerned that the return lens could have been covered. Can the defender folks produce a good sample video of their product to over-throw all questionable concerns about the actual jamming capablility.

stalker
12-17-2005, 12:43 AM
some very good points there...you have to wonder what customer service you will get once you have bought it...id say next to nothing!!

The defender 2 is going thru all the testing with various guns now and more videos are being made...

Go to http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/ for more info..

These guys are the best when it comes to customer service, they reply to emails straight away and also have a forum for full support...similar to Roy and his forum...always willing to help.

drive-smart
12-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Yes support and service is critical,We also offer our customers free laser tests and installation help if they need it,All e-mails are also answered promptly.
They also have the full support from our user forum and the other members in the community that is totally unique in the UK.
More video's to come of various guns and a lot more detailed info.
Will be posting up pictures later today of the case and bracket set supplied and also the in car interface that is supplied with the Defender2,Some people have already been shown these pictures. :D

riley2638
12-17-2005, 06:58 AM
I just went to the drive-smart site and looked at some of the videos...That thing looks amazing!!! I don't care for the built in voice warnings, but I'm sure that will be an on/off option...Can't wait!! I've been looking for an all-in-one RD/Jammer/Gps..Good JobI

StlouisX50
12-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the reply this sounds really good :). Are you all planning doing some videos of vehicles being shot with laser from behind. This is a major thing that is happening in the USA right now :?:

riley2638
12-18-2005, 05:56 AM
I don't know if any of you guys have seen some of these videos from the drive smart forums, but check them out!
http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=211

StlouisX50
12-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Do you need Drive smart for the defender 2 to work?

jimbonzzz
12-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Do you need Drive smart for the defender 2 to work?

They are planning to release a stand-alone version too...

stalker
12-18-2005, 01:27 PM
yeah it will be standalone or you can just add a interface box to connect to the DS, if you connect to DS it will show you the laser pulse rate and tell you what Laser gun is shooting you..it will be great!!!

drive-smart
12-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Defender2 is standalone or can be hooked upto the Drivesmart if you have one.
The in car box has a 232(serial)connector that allows you to hook up to the Drivesmart if you have one,This is also the connector that allows you to hook up to your PC for software updates.
If you hook it up to the Drivesmart you can jam via GPS location and stuff like that,These types of features are totally unique.
In the UK popular laser sites are always in the same locations so we have a database of possible laser sites and when coming to one of these the Defender can automatically jam even before you get a direct hit with a laser! :D

StlouisX50
12-18-2005, 04:00 PM
What is the price for the defender 2 and the drivesmart?
US Dollars?

drive-smart
12-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Drivesmat GPS unit includes the windscreen mounting braket as well its 156.00(Ex UK tax) x $1.74 = $271 + shipping.
Defender2 pricing will be confirmed in the next 10 days.
We will be offering a deal price if you purchase the 2 units together as well :D
As we said the Defender2 is a stand alone system and can also be hooked up to the Drivesmart via the 232(serial) connector on the in car box.

StlouisX50
12-19-2005, 09:04 AM
What about for those who want front and rear protection against laser. What can DriveSmart 2 do for them and is it compatable for 2 heads?

drive-smart
12-19-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes you can have 2 heads mounted on the car.
Here is the finished case and in-car pcb(The case for the in-car board is being made as we speak)
http://www.drive-smart.co.uk/dsc00713.jpg

nvr2fast
12-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Now all we need is the radar detector module and its the best complete system available!

A-TownNavi
12-19-2005, 03:01 PM
do you have a rough estimate of what the stand alone Defender 2 is going to cost?

SmaartAasSaabr
12-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Now all we need is the radar detector module and its the best complete system available!

No...

we need

the

RADAR JAMMER MODULE! :D :D I still want to see that 8)

stalker
12-19-2005, 03:20 PM
There is no Radar Jammer Module...YET...

Yes you can hook 2 defender 2 units up, one for the front and one for the rear...FULL PROTECTION.

With the jamming capabilities of this thing I hope the LEO is wearing welding goggles when he aims at you ;)

nvr2fast
12-19-2005, 03:39 PM
This thing seriously looks like a good piece of kit.

They actually have a radar JAMMER in the works, but not in production yet.

But if these guys build the rest of the "modules" as good as their laser jammer/detector, then I'm pretty confident their system will have great radar detection/jamming.

I'm planning on buying a new car shortly, and I'd like to get a new "system" isntalled rather than just moving my X50 and Blinder M40 over. So I'd much rather get this system, but without a detector it's pretty useless for me (since i'm in HK and their GPS maps won't apply to me). So if they don't come out with the radar detector/jammer module soon, I'll be forced to go with the Bel STI :?

SmaartAasSaabr
12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
So if they don't come out with the radar detector/jammer module soon, I'll be forced to go with the Bel STI :?

what a horrible thing... though I really, really want to see or hear anything about a radar jammer.

nvr2fast
12-19-2005, 04:44 PM
So if they don't come out with the radar detector/jammer module soon, I'll be forced to go with the Bel STI :?

what a horrible thing... though I really, really want to see or hear anything about a radar jammer.

Well, no one has posted any actual performance figures for the new STI, and i'd much rather a "combined" system that did GPS, Laser, Radar, all under 1 control unit.

stalker
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah true...that would be awsome.