PDA

View Full Version : To buy now or wait a little while longer?

mauiman84
12-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I have been waiting for about 4 months to purchase a blinder since some of the new jammers have been introduced lately and the talk of new upgrades to the atlanta laser gun. Is there any reason i should wait on any of these upcoming jammers or should i stop waiting and buy the blinder?

AussieMAl
12-20-2005, 07:30 PM
I have been in the same boat waiting for the AL6 or Defender2 to be released.
I am now going to get the Defender2 from Drive Smart as I like the intergration with the GPS and the upgradeability of the unit.

crazyVOLVOrob
12-20-2005, 08:49 PM
It all depends how much you see laser in my opinion....If you saw laser traps every day on the road you drive to work, you might want to buy now....and if you never have seen a laser trap in your life, I would wait

mauiman84
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I see laser atleast 2 times a day but i was thinking of getting some veil until i found the updated blinder or another jammer.

crazyVOLVOrob
12-21-2005, 12:06 AM
VEIL and a lasersheild is a must until you can get a laser jammer

stealthJamal
12-21-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm in the same situation. I'm gonna wait a little while longer and see what comes out.

stalker
12-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Defender 2 is the go...like Mal said...fully upgradable...oh and the AL6 doesnt exist ;)

crazyVOLVOrob
12-21-2005, 05:40 AM
oh and the AL6 doesnt exist ;)Go to croatia It is for sale.......In my last recent discussion with the AntiLaser folks...The AL6 is already released in croatia and they are perfecting the release in the USA mainly still waiting for paperwork to go through the USA gov't....Go to Croatia the AL6 exsists!!!! just like if i went to the UK the Defender 2 exsists....

stalker
12-21-2005, 05:53 AM
id hardly call USA expectations of a good jammer to the croatian expectations a close match :roll: :roll: :roll:

crazyVOLVOrob
12-21-2005, 06:36 AM
id hardly call USA expectations of a good jammer to the croatian expectations a close match :roll: :roll: :roll:Stalker the jammer they will be release in the states is currently for sale in croatia...Unfortunately the american economy isn't as free as we say it is to foreign companines....

If i had the money i would fly to croatia and smuggle some to the states. What is forsale in croatia is basically the same thing that will be released in the USA

USA expections for a jammer :lol: all the jammers currently for sale in the USA have punchthough unless you use VEIL :lol:

stalker
12-21-2005, 07:07 AM
USA expections for a jammer :lol: all the jammers currently for sale in the USA have punchthough unless you use VEIL :lol:

very true....thats why we need somthing that actally works properly ;)

stealthJamal
12-21-2005, 07:58 AM
This is kind of extreme but.............

Maybe someone can start a donation drive to send one trusted board member over to Croatia and buy everyone AL6's and then come back and ship them to us. I'm guessing a round trip ticket to Croatia would be about $1200 USD.

Carlos from Spain
12-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Stalker the jammer they will be release in the states is currently for sale in croatia...Unfortunately the american economy isn't as free as we say it is to foreign companines....

If i had the money i would fly to croatia and smuggle some to the states. What is forsale in croatia is basically the same thing that will be released in the USA

Whats strange is that the Antilaser is not sold in other european countries either... so its not a US only thing. And their absent product support is not helping to clarify the situation either.

Cerberus
12-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Stalker the jammer they will be release in the states is currently for sale in croatia...Unfortunately the american economy isn't as free as we say it is to foreign companines....

AMEN! Thank God someone finally realized this...

And Stalker, as far as US expectations vs. Croatian expectations : I guess you A) never been to Europe, B) never driven in Europe or C) both... :roll:

Just what is your beef w/ AL6? The fact is it not yet released in the states?
Did you ever think why every main car manuf. HAS to build a plant in the states? Trust me, it's not to lower it's Overhead Cost, not to mention Variable Cost...

so relax... it will be on sale as soon as the gov't milk the money, i mean, approve it's sale here...

stealthJamal
12-21-2005, 04:00 PM
yeah, Europe has a major infestation of laser. Worse than Ohio from what I hear.

Cerberus
12-21-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah, Europe has a major infestation of laser. Worse than Ohio from what I hear.

I don't even know why there is a need for laser or radar in OH.. 99% daily drivers are morons who cannot even drive nor know the "rules of driving"... so I don't see the point of cop even sitting there when some @$$hole is driving 61 in 60 in the left lane on a 4-lane HWY...

as far as lasers being use in Europe.. no comment.. but sayin that it doesn't meet US expectations is just plain ignorant--you mean to tell me that Brits expectations are higher? lol.. yeah.. maybe for their drivers to learn how to drive... :lol:

Crash
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM

AMEN! Thank God someone finally realized this...

And Stalker, as far as US expectations vs. Croatian expectations : I guess you A) never been to Europe, B) never driven in Europe or C) both... :roll:

Just what is your beef w/ AL6? The fact is it not yet released in the states?
Did you ever think why every main car manuf. HAS to build a plant in the states? Trust me, it's not to lower it's Overhead Cost, not to mention Variable Cost...

so relax... it will be on sale as soon as the gov't milk the money, i mean, approve it's sale here...

I have to agree. Ivan of Antilaser has been extremely helpful with all of my questions and yes, if the production version proves to be as good as the prototype and they fix the LTI bugs, I´m buying it with four heads. Antilaser are IMO a company which you can trust.

StealthJamal:
Regarding laser - our country has a surface area of 8000 square miles and it boasts over 200 laser guns, on top of about 20 ProVida (essentially VASCAR) vehicles, over 20 movable speed cameras (Multanova, Ramet AD9, MultaRadar, etc.) and several (about 10) Traffipatrol V laser traps (laser gun, mounted on a tripod - fully automatic). And we´re among the less infested countries. :shock:

Crash
12-21-2005, 04:38 PM

I don't even know why there is a need for laser or radar in OH.. 99% daily drivers are morons who cannot even drive nor know the "rules of driving"... so I don't see the point of cop even sitting there when some @$$hole is driving 61 in 60 in the left lane on a 4-lane HWY...

as far as lasers being use in Europe.. no comment.. but sayin that it doesn't meet US expectations is just plain ignorant--you mean to tell me that Brits expectations are higher? lol.. yeah.. maybe for their drivers to learn how to drive... :lol:

The Brits use antiquated equipment compared to our cops, with regard to laser.

SmaartAasSaabr
12-21-2005, 04:54 PM

I guess you've never driven in the UK :lol:

mauiman84
12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Well it looks as if i will be purchasing some veil and a laser shield and waiting just a little bit longer to really help out my 8500. Thanks guys.

vw242
12-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Contact Dr:Tom. He is in Croatia and claims 300-400 dollar price tag for AL6.

drive-smart
12-22-2005, 01:18 AM

The UK Police use mainly LTI guns and why do you think? :wink:
The Driving test procedure here is very strict and there is good reason for this,Our roads are not as wide as the US and they are much busier,The motorway/freeway speed limit is 70mph and most people drive at around 90mph+ on these.
There is now a two part test,You have to pass a theory exam before you can take your driving test.
It takes on average 6 months to learn to drive and pass your test in the UK and some people can go on for years as they fail the driving test repeatedly.
We have right now an estimated 2 million+ uninsured/illegal drivers in the UK which is terrible and the worst of any EU country.
Also Croatia is not in the European Union(EU),There are a lot of Countries that are attached to Europe but not entitiled to free movement of goods/people etc.

Crash
12-22-2005, 12:51 PM

The Driving test procedure here is very strict and there is good reason for this,Our roads are not as wide as the US and they are much busier,The motorway/freeway speed limit is 70mph and most people drive at around 90mph+ on these.
There is now a two part test,You have to pass a theory exam before you can take your driving test.
It takes on average 6 months to learn to drive and pass your test in the UK and some people can go on for years as they fail the driving test repeatedly.
We have right now an estimated 2 million+ uninsured/illegal drivers in the UK which is terrible and the worst of any EU country.
Also Croatia is not in the European Union(EU),There are a lot of Countries that are attached to Europe but not entitiled to free movement of goods/people etc.

The driving test is very similar here compared to the UK (theoretical exam + driving test). It doesn´t do much for people with no talent, though. Once they´re out on the street, God help us. Regarding Croatia, drive-smart is right, it´s not an EU member and possibly won´t be for a while (with all the internal bickering going on right now).

Cerberus
12-22-2005, 01:30 PM

The driving test is very similar here compared to the UK (theoretical exam + driving test). It doesn´t do much for people with no talent, though. Once they´re out on the street, God help us. Regarding Croatia, drive-smart is right, it´s not an EU member and possibly won´t be for a while (with all the internal bickering going on right now).

actually, Croatia is in talks w/ EU... however, it's the dumbest decision they made and I hoped they would never get it--Croatia is going to get raped by them just like they were when it was a republic of Yugoslavia... it's going from one system to the next...

but i don't the get point why would it matter if it was part of EU or not? are "you" saying that due the fact that they're not the part of EU the product's quality suffers?

stalker
12-22-2005, 02:36 PM
yeah like the AL will ever make it past customs....they are the most bent guys out there!!

crazyVOLVOrob
12-22-2005, 06:55 PM
yeah like the AL will ever make it past customs....they are the most bent guys out there!! :shock: SHOCK! :shock: They made it past customs getting to the States when they came for the GoL testing and they are now on the releasing part in the USA.....Lets see how they perform

Cerberus
12-23-2005, 09:55 AM
yeah like the AL will ever make it past customs....they are the most bent guys out there!!

wow... did you go to school or know anything about international business? why do you think they had to open office in the states? I'm sure it's not for "customer support"...

stalker
12-23-2005, 02:31 PM
The Anti-Laser AL6 products will be marketed in the USA and world wide
under the "laser defender" brand.

Wow now they are ripping off names as well!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

happya$$
12-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I will put my rep behind the AL6 ANY day.

crazyVOLVOrob
12-23-2005, 03:43 PM
The Anti-Laser AL6 products will be marketed in the USA and world wide
under the "laser defender" brand.

Wow now they are ripping off names as well!! :roll: :roll: :roll:Well that name has been trademarked :lol: that is one of the many government papers that caused the wait :lol: