PDA

View Full Version : Bra

spankyaf
12-28-2005, 09:35 AM
I did a search on bras and really didnt uncover anything of interest.

I've got a silver Impala and have been considering either a deflector or the bra. Good idea /bad idea? Any recommendations on brand?

I've also been searching for clear headlight covers that I can Veil and pop on and off as I need them. No luck everything is already smoked or not suitable for frequent install/removal.

What can I say I'm at work and its dead here.

SmaartAasSaabr
12-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Clear headlight covers, don't think I've ever seen them... could always Veil the smoked covers like Happya$$ :lol:

Bras are pretty good but they require relatively frequent maintenance to keep them from destroying the car that is underneath, have to clean it very well.

spankyaf
12-28-2005, 11:26 AM
I suspect the HTA will have something to say about overly dark or tinted headlight covers. (It spoils all the fun).

I was able to locate clear lenses for my bike which I have Veiled both sides but can remove for actual nite running.

Rottman
12-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Clear headlight covers, don't think I've ever seen them... could always Veil the smoked covers like Happya$$ :lol:

Bras are pretty good but they require relatively frequent maintenance to keep them from destroying the car that is underneath, have to clean it very well.

I have always heard that from people.....but it's always been someone who has never owned one. I used them on my monte-carlo, mustangs, and carmaro w/o incident.

SmaartAasSaabr
12-28-2005, 02:59 PM
My dad had one on his MX-6, the hood doesn't actually exist where it was under the bra. Keep in mind I never recall him taking it off to clean underneath - so, clean it underneath :lol: Bra is still in nice shape though.

spankyaf
12-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Actually the one I was looking at was 2 pieces and what I'm really interested in is the lower section and not so much the hood since as we all know its not perpendicular to the road. Probably look stupid without it though

SmaartAasSaabr
12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah it was a 2-pc, of course the bumper didn't rust or anything (plastic), don't know what the paint looks like underneath...

mrmichael112002
12-29-2005, 06:46 PM
So DOES a bra avoid the possible laser reflection everywhere it lives???
Can I just paint the entire front end of the audi with stealth bomber paint? cover it in black tar? Oatmeal? What substance or covering is in the "this will work" list...aside from the Veil....for the lenses.

m

sethy
12-30-2005, 12:01 AM
So DOES a bra avoid the possible laser reflection everywhere it lives???
Can I just paint the entire front end of the audi with stealth bomber paint? cover it in black tar? Oatmeal? What substance or covering is in the "this will work" list...aside from the Veil....for the lenses.

m

On a metalic surface such as silver, the bra will help you BIG time....

RacerX
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I agree with Sethy on that.

As for testing, i did some with a bra. scroll down the link some. it wasn't extensive, but a bra did help on my large truck.
this was with an osprey but now that i have an LTI marksman, i may do a more comprehensive test some time, but not for a while since i have other things going on right now.

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=4740&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

SmaartAasSaabr
12-30-2005, 11:06 AM
What about spraying the front of your car with rubberized undercoating... prevents paint chips AND is probably stealthier than a bra :D

spankyaf
01-01-2006, 06:58 AM
What about spraying the front of your car with rubberized undercoating... prevents paint chips AND is probably stealthier than a bra :D

Well that method would certainly improve the looks of most of the Saabs I've seen. I do like the look of a flat black lower bumper