PDA

View Full Version : Rear Blinder hit today!

Qui-Gon
04-26-2010, 09:34 PM
This morning, I did a little speed trap hunting, and I was not disappointed. NY State is doing some (re) construction work of the I-290/I-190 off ramps, and along that stretch of construction the NY State Police had a major speed trap in force today, from approximately 10:00 AM till almost 3:00 PM (one Blazer and a couple of cruisers). I made multiple passes, all successful! :D

One kinda caught me off guard, though. I was headed eastbound on I-290, when I encountered the Blazer. It was parked kinda diagonally in the "No U-Turn" area. He was shooting at traffic headed WEST though. I passed him, noticing that his passenger window was not down, and thinking that I was OK. WRONG! As soon as I passed him, I got a hit on my Blinder from the rear! I am not sure if it was scatter or not, but it got me thinking that putting 2 heads on the back of the Stealthmobile was worth it!!! I hope NY State doesn't start doing this on a regular basis. If they do, I'm ready!

crazyVOLVOrob
04-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I am glad I have rear protection on my car now, But I always wonder how I am suppose to react in those situations. Hopefully if i see the cop before he shots my rear so I can slow down

Solidjake
04-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Victor, looks like you had some fun. :) Any vids?

Qui-Gon
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Victor, looks like you had some fun. :) Any vids?

Unfortunately, no. The batteries died in my camcorder.:mad:

Solidjake
04-27-2010, 11:52 AM
:mad: damn that sucks. Next time.

Matt
04-27-2010, 04:35 PM
There is a NYS Trooper that likes to hit the rear with I/O or Laser. He always sits in the same spot on an on ramp that is elavated above 490W (Churchville). I had to set the 9500ix speed trap warning to his location. There is another one on 390 North around Mile Marker 37 that will hit in the face than get in the rear. He sits facing Norhtbound traffic by an overpass. That too is elevated above the highway. Unless you know his spot you can't see him until he is behind you. 9500ix set to his spot as well....:D

The Chariot
04-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Nice. Rear LIDAR always worries me because I don't want to jam the brakes and make it obvious, but downshift doesn't slow it down nearly as fast and with the long tube headers and high flow cats it gets a little obvious doing that as well. TL kill switch isn't a viable option for me either.