PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Range Rover From Laser

Rex32
05-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a Range Rover and I want to protect it from the new mobile speed camera's that Maryland is using on 95. The speed limit drops to 45 in a "construction zone" (they just put up orange cones) and there will be a white Jeep parked somewhere with a speed camera in it. Now the tickets are only $40 but it just really pisses me off that I have gotten tickets on 95 for going 62mph!

I have a V1 hardwired in the truck now but I think it is time to add some laser protection. I was thinking about ditching the V1 in favor for a Passport 9500ci that I would install as it would cover all my bases, but I truly do love the arrows on the V1 and I think it really is the best detector on the market.

I have two main questions:

1) What would be a good laser jamming system for such a large vehicle?
2) Do speed camera's laser you from behind? I feel like they must as they take a picture of the back of your car...

I'm really eager to get something installed ASAP and welcome any and all input/advice.

Thank You,

Mike

radarrob
05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
hi a Li Quad would work great for this rover in the spots i recommended. good luck with your install

http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1674/7922931/22544477/387487399.jpg

trailtow
05-21-2010, 10:06 PM
You could get a way with a dual LI upfront as carter40 has a dual lpp and gets close to jtg and the LI is a better sysytem

spartcus
05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
That's what i'm planning on get in for my big red dodge ram.

SpeedUp
05-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a Range Rover and I want to protect it from the new mobile speed camera's that Maryland is using on 95. The speed limit drops to 45 in a "construction zone" (they just put up orange cones) and there will be a white Jeep parked somewhere with a speed camera in it. Now the tickets are only $40 but it just really pisses me off that I have gotten tickets on 95 for going 62mph!

I have a V1 hardwired in the truck now but I think it is time to add some laser protection. I was thinking about ditching the V1 in favor for a Passport 9500ci that I would install as it would cover all my bases, but I truly do love the arrows on the V1 and I think it really is the best detector on the market.

I have two main questions:

1) What would be a good laser jamming system for such a large vehicle?
2) Do speed camera's laser you from behind? I feel like they must as they take a picture of the back of your car...

I'm really eager to get something installed ASAP and welcome any and all input/advice.

Thank You,

Mike

They don't use laser, they use a low powered K-band fixed radar. The V1 picks them up but almost too late. Best thing to do is to just slow down for that 1 mile of construction area. I know the area you are talking about, it isn't that bad you can spot the jeep from pretty far away and they're always in the same spot. I second radarrobs opinion with the LI Quad, staties love their lidar guns in the summer time. Goodluck man

barryswanson
05-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Does anyone now exactly what kind of low powered K band radar they are using in Maryland?

Rex32
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I think they switched over to laser... My V1 went off for laser, are you sure its k?

I don't really like the remote display setup in my Range Rover. This there a thread of custom V1 remote display setups?

Thx,

Mike

ELVATO
05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I think you'd be fine with a dual head, maybe in the lowest slat of the front grille, sensor out.

Stealth Stalker
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
I think you'd be fine with a dual head, maybe in the lowest slat of the front grille, sensor out.
I agree that you'd probably be good with two front LI heads. But personally, I'd rather go with four heads for peace of mind. That's a lot of real estate to cover at close range.

There are a lot of installs in the "Show off" section featuring custom V1 installations. But I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "custom V1 remote display setups".