PDA

View Full Version : Palm Beach County Deputies

tonystewart
06-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Good afternoon
I just stopped in to a local bagel shop in west Boca Raton, Clint Moore Road & 441 in Palm Beach County. 2 PBSO Deputies, one a car and one on a bike, were finishing up their brunch. Up their exit I introduced myself and they know my uncle and his son, both deputies with very good reputations. I asked them if they used Laser and they both replied "oh Yes". I then asked of they had been jammed.
Boy oh Boy did I get an earful:
"those things don't work...didn't you see mythbusters...I aim at the front of the car and then the windshield so a jammer can't work"....etc.etc.etc

Do these deputies have a leg to stand on or are they being misinformed?:confused:

GreenRadar
06-11-2010, 10:15 AM
well I can tell you that the mythbusters episode they saw was for the license plate covers not the Laser Jammers so yeah I don't think they knew what they were talking about, please refrain from educating them :D

ELVATO
06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Naw, there was one with "jammers". It was obvious from the show that they don't work....:cool:

GreenRadar
06-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Naw, there was one with "jammers". It was obvious from the show that they don't work....:cool:

ahhhh I just remember the license plate covers

GreenRadar
06-11-2010, 10:48 AM
just googled the episode, it would seem it was an episode where they tested if you could use every day house hold items to protect you against laser and radar, they didn't actually use any laser jammers or radar detectors

justin81
06-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Speaking as a Palm Beach County driver myself, I hope to God you didn't try to correct them.

Aiming at the windshield, wtf? They won't get a reading, and they are setting off windshield mounted detectors in the process. No wonder I had so many laser detector "saves" in my pre-jammer days.

GTO_04
06-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Good afternoon
..."I aim at the front of the car and then the windshield so a jammer can't work"

Do these deputies have a leg to stand on or are they being misinformed?:confused:

If they shift the laser from the front of the car up to the windshield, wouldn't that cause an erroneous reading?

GTO_04

ELVATO
06-11-2010, 11:05 AM
just googled the episode, it would seem it was an episode where they tested if you could use every day house hold items to protect you against laser and radar, they didn't actually use any laser jammers or radar detectors

I think they disclaimed that they wouldn't try any commercially available products.

justin81
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Good afternoon
..."I aim at the front of the car and then the windshield so a jammer can't work"

If they shift the laser from the front of the car up to the windshield, wouldn't that cause an erroneous reading?

GTO_04

It would. Not only that, but they are setting off the jammer when they target the front of the car.

charles charlie charles
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Just remember fellas that ignorance within the LEO community is our strongest passive countermeasure.....

GreenRadar
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Just remember fellas that ignorance within the LEO community is our strongest passive countermeasure.....

the perfect cop

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/Fionn-Whelan/Simpsons/Wiggum_on_an_Ostrich.png

AirMoore
06-11-2010, 01:01 PM
...I asked them if they used Laser and they both replied "oh Yes". I then asked of they had been jammed.

Fail.

x2!

Never bring up jammers/QT etc... with LEO's there simply is no reason to interact with them about this issue. If you want to shoot the s**t, that is one thing, they are people and that is all well and good... they often have interesting stories... but giving them any inkling about our countermeasures is plain-old-silly.

The last thing we need is for them to go off and do more research on these things.

The Invisible Vervet
06-11-2010, 01:18 PM
...I asked them if they used Laser and they both replied "oh Yes". I then asked of they had been jammed.

Fail.

x2!

Never bring up jammers/QT etc... with LEO's there simply is no reason to interact with them about this issue. If you want to shoot the s**t, that is one thing, they are people and that is all well and good... they often have interesting stories... but giving them any inkling about our countermeasures is plain-old-silly.

The last thing we need is for them to go off and do more research on these things.

Couldn't agree more.

My initial gut instinct was that the original poster was either a knucklehead, a cop, or both. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

DrCoke
06-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Give no info regarding any counter measure please. We live in the same area and leos here needs no education.

tonystewart
06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
The smell of "teste" prompted this encounter, long ago I label them as
"cannon fodder" within the regiment
My semper fi has become sapere aude
My humblest apologies to the forum:o

DrCoke
06-11-2010, 02:58 PM
If want want to test jammers, wait until I host another jam meet.

SpeedUp
06-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Fail.

x2!

Couldn't agree more.

My initial gut instinct was that the original poster was either a knucklehead, a cop, or both. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

x3. haha Fail. At least he didn't try to correct them...and for the love of god don't tell them you own a jammer/want to test it against their guns. Look around for a jammer meet with members only.