PDA

View Full Version : TopGear: BMW X6 Review

snoopyc4
06-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I know hardly any of us care about SUV reviews but this review was too hilarious to not post :lol:

YouTube - BMW X6 car review - Top Gear - BBC

mellowbob
06-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Love Top Gear. Btw season 15 just started. JOY!:D

Obsidian
06-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Hilarious. They usually reserve that sort of scathing sarcasm for their American car reviews.

What's with these SUV crossover monstrosities now anyways ... some sort of fad? Honda has an ugly one too.

totoe39
07-01-2010, 01:28 AM
that was very funny.

radarrob
07-01-2010, 06:48 AM
lets go and test it off a small cliff and see what happins:lol:.i give this truck a rating from 1-10 a 7

v1user
07-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Hilarious. They usually reserve that sort of scathing sarcasm for their American car reviews.

What's with these SUV crossover monstrosities now anyways ... some sort of fad? Honda has an ugly one too.

Are you talking about the ZDX? I think this style of SUV is waste of materials. And what's the deal with the pricing on these things?

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/acur_zdx_live_main.jpg

lugnuts
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM

I saw one today on the road and boy was it fugly. GM has some ugly x-overs as well, they look like a minivan had sex with an SUV.

snoopyc4
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I believe Obsidian is referring to the Honda Crosstour:

http://www.2010hondaaccordcrosstour.com/crosstour-photos/2010HondaAccordCrossTour-1.jpg

It sure is an ugly POS.

supercowpowers
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM

It sure is an ugly POS.

I swear it looks better in real life (and without the rubbermaid door sill guards). It looks a lot smaller when you're looking down on it in a real environment versus having it dominate an entirely blank scene.

But it's still sad they had to jack it up and call it a "cross-something" instead of just making a wagon.

Goofy Footr
07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Yea, but thats because people in the U.S. hate the look of wagons, regardless of their practicality without sacrificing much performance. So they call it something trendy in the hopes it'll sell better.

supercowpowers
07-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Yea, but thats because people in the U.S. hate the look of wagons, regardless of their practicality without sacrificing much performance. So they call it something trendy in the hopes it'll sell better.

As someone who enjoys a responsive vehicle but occasionally needs to carry bulky cargo, the dearth of wagons in this country depresses me. I can't see what the huge problem is with an actual car that can carry stuff; it's not like they make huge, frumpy wagons like the Griswold Family Truckster anymore.

ahmadr
07-01-2010, 06:43 PM

As someone who enjoys a responsive vehicle but occasionally needs to carry bulky cargo, the dearth of wagons in this country depresses me. I can't see what the huge problem is with an actual car that can carry stuff; it's not like they make huge, frumpy wagons like the Griswold Family Truckster anymore.

x2

Obsidian
07-02-2010, 01:37 AM

http://www.2010hondaaccordcrosstour.com/crosstour-photos/2010HondaAccordCrossTour-1.jpg

It sure is an ugly POS.

LOL, yeah that's it. One pulled next to me at a light last week and revved on me. I was just like, "that's an ugly car."

h2oiamwater
07-19-2010, 02:02 AM
The //MX6s are so sick
http://4wheelsnews.com/images/2009/january/hamann/x6-tycoon/hamann-x6-tycoon-bmw.jpg

JMV1777
07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
There is a X6-M in my parking garage, I drool over it. LOL