PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Laser Tester

yellowtibby
10-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Hey guys,

I just tested 8+ remote controls in my house to see if it would set off my RD's laser alert. I found that the comcast cable remote control for both digital and analog cable will set off my XTR-690se for laser LSID 340 everytime, but it will not set off my Beltronics V985 or Whistler 1790se. I will have to wait until this weekend to go test all of my other RDs with it.

It's fun to shoot my XTR with my TV remote. I think my neighbors think I'm crazy though cause I was outside of the car 10 feet away pointing my remote control at it frantically pushing buttons to try to set the thing off. I kept getting funny looks from people walking by. Oh well. :p

Cloud_9
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I think my neighbors think I'm crazy though cause I was outside of the car 10 feet away pointing my remote control at it frantically pushing buttons to try to set the thing off. I kept getting funny looks from people walking by.

Just tell them your car is on the wrong channel. :p

unmamfqlm
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I think my neighbors think I'm crazy though cause I was outside of the car 10 feet away pointing my remote control at it frantically pushing buttons to try to set the thing off. I kept getting funny looks from people walking by.

Just tell them your car is on the wrong channel. :p

Lol.

I actually never tried my Comcast remote on my Valentine. I have a Sony stereo in my truck, which has a remote with it; it sets the thing off nearly every time I hit a button on it, regardless of where it is aimed. I've tried other TV remotes, but they didn't set it off nearly as consistently as the stereo remote.

Oyusan
10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Hey guys,

I just tested 8+ remote controls in my house to see if it would set off my RD's laser alert. I found that the comcast cable remote control for both digital and analog cable will set off my XTR-690se for laser LSID 340 everytime, but it will not set off my Beltronics V985 or Whistler 1790se. I will have to wait until this weekend to go test all of my other RDs with it.

It's fun to shoot my XTR with my TV remote. I think my neighbors think I'm crazy though cause I was outside of the car 10 feet away pointing my remote control at it frantically pushing buttons to try to set the thing off. I kept getting funny looks from people walking by. Oh well. :p

Why don't you just pretend you are Chuck Norris and try to set it off by staring at it?

Eloi
10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I kept getting funny looks from people walking by. Oh well. :p

Now you know you are a cms addict !

I built my own tester by replacing the small speaker of
a toy phone by a infrared led ... it works at close range ,
few inches .