PDA

View Full Version : Gumballer needs to Stealth out an exotic car

Gumballer
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi Guys,

I am glad I found this board and also Radar Roy's site. I will be racing in the upcoming Gumball 3000 Rally in May. I need to make my race vehicle which is a (low profile-rear engine angular car) as stealthy as possible. So I wanted to hear some thoughts on what you guys would recommend. I will be racing through Eastern Europe, China, and also the western US. While in the US I will be relying heavily on our CB with the aid of truckers.

I already have two V1 detectors which I plan to send in for a software upgrade. Here are my initial thoughts.

1) V1
2) Bell STI (Radar Roy's suggestion)
3) Blinder laser Jammer
4) Veil coating on lights
5) Scorpian Radar jammer (does that really work)? I am skeptical.
6) Metal plate over front lights during day driving to lower/reflect radar signature.
7) Rear license plate distorters for photoradar in europe.
8) US leg we will be using a CB and scanner.

Any other suggestions guys? I can use both the V1 and Bell STI together correct? I think neither of them leak.

Will any of the LADAR guys be between South Dakota and Houston next month? I will be shipping the car from Houston to London. Would love to stop by and do some test with the (low profile-rear engine angular car) for your site. I am thinking the low and angular profile will make it harder to detect overall. Can post results after Gumball.

Thanks

TK

o2bad455
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
... (car name deleted) ... 6) Metal plate over front lights during day driving to lower/reflect radar signature ... I can use both the V1 and Bell STI together correct? I think neither of them leak.

Well, first of all you should probably not announce the car you're using on any public forum. Second, I think the metal plate is a lowsy idea for radar, but might help laser if angled properly. Third, NO, they both probably leak enough to hurt performance of the other. I'd stick with one at a time.

Gumballer
01-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks o2bad455 for the quick response. I edited out the car I am driving. Would you mind doing that as well in your last reply.

On Roys's site it says the STI provides zero leakage. But the V1 may leak thus degrading the STI... correct?

So do you think covering the lights in and of itself may help? If so, what material do you think would work best? Or do you think covering them al together is a bad idea?

Thanks

TK

brick
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
First, I wouldn't bother with the Scorpion jammer. I have heard NOTHING good about it. All it will do is add dead weight to the car. The Blinder is definitely your best bet if you need to buy it now. If possible, get the M40 so that you can put two jammer heads in front and two in the rear. GOL will be testing a couple of new jammers in April but that might be too late for you. As for the metal plate, I wouldn't bother. The radar return from the lights ought to be negligible relative to the rest of the car and metal plates will just be one more thing to fly off at 150mph+. Veil is all you need on the lights to cut down on the laser signature.

The only other thing I would consider is a GPS system to sniff out any fixed photo radar units that might be along your path. It may or may not be useful, but it's worth looking into at least.

Last thing...very important...is a change of underwear for any and all passengers. Good luck!

sethy
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
With current shipping products, I would go

V1 w/ euro mode.
Blinder laser jammer
VEIL
VFX photo blocker

DO NOT put metal or lower your car, you cant hide from radar. Only bet is a really good detector

crazyVOLVOrob
01-31-2006, 05:32 PM
V1 in coutries where detector's are legal! and STi where they are illegal

Blinder M40 or maybe a newer diode jammer after they are tested. in April

VFX photo blocker
VEIL

Make sure your CB is tuned and peaked and has a heavy duty mounted antenna.

Enjoy the race

ReadyRadar
01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Are we talking a porsche carrera gt here (just a guess, I dont actually know)? If so your best bet may be to mount heads directly under the headlights to the outsides of the fog lights. That would cover you pretty well with the headlights. I wouldn't worry about trying to stealth the rear because you don't have many good mounting locations. The rear diffuser is not a good choice because you would mess with the airflow, which is a terrible idea at high speed. I wouldn't worry about the rear signature anyways, not alot to pick lidar up off of the back.

Definitely V1 if you are in legal countries!

crazyVOLVOrob
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Are we talking a porsche carrera gt here (just a guess, I dont actually know)? If so your best bet may be to mount heads directly under the headlights to the outsides of the fog lights. That would cover you pretty well with the headlights. I wouldn't worry about trying to stealth the rear because you don't have many good mounting locations. The rear diffuser is not a good choice because you would mess with the airflow, which is a terrible idea at high speed. I wouldn't worry about the rear signature anyways, not alot to pick lidar up off of the back.

Definitely V1 if you are in legal countries!A rear transpoonder would be a wonder full idea!!!!!!! I have heard many incidents of laser being shot at the rear!!!!! And the cops will be in hiding and shot the rear of the cars on the gumball because that is how they can guaranty giving more of a ticket.

Targetting the back of any car is 10 times easier!!!!!!

ReadyRadar
01-31-2006, 08:44 PM
A rear transpoonder would be a wonder full idea!!!!!!! I have heard many incidents of laser being shot at the rear!!!!! And the cops will be in hiding and shot the rear of the cars on the gumball because that is how they can guaranty giving more of a ticket.

I agree a rear jammer head would be nice, but honestly, how feasible is it?
Assuming I am right, look at this image
http://www.atspeedimages.com/2004_alms_sears_point/porsche_carrera_gt/porsche_carrera_gt_rear_end_2.jpg
Do you see anywhere logical to mount a head, because I sure dont... at least not without significant modification to your supercar.

It would be a much better idea to buy some motorola walkie talkies and give them to your buddies up ahead, just don't be explicit that you are using them as bait :P

crazyVOLVOrob
01-31-2006, 08:59 PM
A rear transpoonder would be a wonder full idea!!!!!!! I have heard many incidents of laser being shot at the rear!!!!! And the cops will be in hiding and shot the rear of the cars on the gumball because that is how they can guaranty giving more of a ticket.

I agree a rear jammer head would be nice, but honestly, how feasible is it?
Assuming I am right, look at this image
http://www.atspeedimages.com/2004_alms_sears_point/porsche_carrera_gt/porsche_carrera_gt_rear_end_2.jpg
Do you see anywhere logical to mount a head, because I sure dont... at least not without significant modification to your supercar.

It would be a much better idea to buy some motorola walkie talkies and give them to your buddies up ahead, just don't be explicit that you are using them as bait :PVery possible next to the the Plate!!!!!!!!!

And your buddy's up ahead won't know if they were shot from behind if they didn't have a rear jammer!!!! 'thestaon' heard about that on his police scanner, after a cop had trouble getting a reading on the front of his EVO. Cops that pull people on these rallies will do anything to get them at any cost! Cops hate rallies! and they will do anything in their power to slow these people down!

Plus you are assuming that he has a carrera GT which I doubt!!!! Hardly any on the last gumball and no option of roof for the rain. Who wants to mess up the leather? There are many low sleak sports cars

I run the highway frequently and I see many traps that allow for rear shot laser!!!! And if the cop can't get a reading on the front of the car he WILL shot the back!!!

I have talked to many gumballers or other rally participants and a rear jammer is key on making a stealth car!!! Talk to myself, happya$$, stealthjamal, Racer X, Sethy, and RadarRoy. If we were to further stealth out our cars it would be a rear jammer!!!! I already plan on getting a jammer for the back of my car after the April GOL. Heck look at the car that RadarRoy sponsored for the Cannonball Run 2005!!! It had a rear jammer!!!!!
http://radarbusters.com/support/Cannonball-2005/cannonball-radar-detectors.asp

Gumballer
01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Hey thanks guys for all the great advice. It has been really helpfull.

BTW, I am not racing a Porsche. Mine is more angular like a Lambo. It is not a Lambo though.

I have another quick question. In regards to the laser jammers. Would there be any benifit of running the Lidatek LE-30 in addition to the Blinder. Being there could be any combination of laser speed traps in the different countries, it would appear that this combo would offer a little bit more protection since the Lidak uses laser diodes instead of LED's

And, yes I will be running both front and rear jammers.

Thanks again..

g-zona
02-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey thanks guys for all the great advice. It has been really helpfull.

BTW, I am not racing a Porsche. Mine is more angular like a Lambo. It is not a Lambo though.

I have another quick question. In regards to the laser jammers. Would there be any benifit of running the Lidatek LE-30 in addition to the Blinder. Being there could be any combination of laser speed traps in the different countries, it would appear that this combo would offer a little bit more protection since the Lidak uses laser diodes instead of LED's

And, yes I will be running both front and rear jammers.

Thanks again..

For a great jammer I would go to http://www.antilaser.info I have it and it works very good.
For the Europe get a good RD like Bel 966R, 975R or Bel Euro 550. You need narrow Ka band 34.3Ghz for Multanova 6f photo radars!!!

WBR!

stalker
02-01-2006, 02:40 AM
keep an eye for the upcoming diode jammers...they are a hell of alot better at jamming than the old LED jammers.

Id go a STi for all round performance, lasershilds on the front pate and photoplate covers for the rear.

watch for upcoming jammer tests

f_399
02-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I am glad I found this board and also Radar Roy's site. I will be racing in the upcoming Gumball 3000 Rally in May. I need to make my race vehicle which is a (low profile-rear engine angular car) as stealthy as possible. So I wanted to hear some thoughts on what you guys would recommend. I will be racing through Eastern Europe, China, and also the western US. While in the US I will be relying heavily on our CB with the aid of truckers.

I already have two V1 detectors which I plan to send in for a software upgrade. Here are my initial thoughts.

1) V1
2) Bell STI (Radar Roy's suggestion)
3) Blinder laser Jammer
4) Veil coating on lights
6) Metal plate over front lights during day driving to lower/reflect radar signature.
7) Rear license plate distorters for photoradar in europe.
8) US leg we will be using a CB and scanner.

Any other suggestions guys? I can use both the V1 and Bell STI together correct? I think neither of them leak.

Will any of the LADAR guys be between South Dakota and Houston next month? I will be shipping the car from Houston to London. Would love to stop by and do some test with the (low profile-rear engine angular car) for your site. I am thinking the low and angular profile will make it harder to detect overall. Can post results after Gumball.

Thanks

TK

you lucky son of a..... :lol:

be safe!!!!

will teckademics be there to record another gumball episode in their yellow M3?

o2bad455
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
keep an eye for the upcoming diode jammers...they are a hell of alot better at jamming than the old LED jammers.

Id go a STi for all round performance, lasershilds on the front pate and photoplate covers for the rear.

Lidatek has always used Laser diodes in their jammers :) As opposed to LED jammers, they're more efficient but do require accurate leveling.

ReadyRadar
02-01-2006, 10:23 AM
In the event that you are lucky enough to be taking a Ferrari Enzo (hey, we're talking rear-engined exotica) there are some awesome spots for mounting laser heads.

Just remember, be safe and have a heck of a lot of fun! One day I'll run the Gumball too :)

o2bad455
02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
In the event that you are lucky enough to be taking a Ferrari Enzo ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A Ferrari would be lucky just to finish, IMHO. Never forget the story of the turtle and the hare. In the US, at least, one would be hard-pressed to find any needed parts before the race was over; and trust me, parts WOULD be needed for that one!

crazyVOLVOrob
02-01-2006, 01:39 PM
ferraris are actually well known for finishing the gumball! There are some competitors that have taken their ferrari on multiple rally's and they finished everyone. The car of choice is usually a Porche 911

stalker
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Lidatek has always used Laser diodes in their jammers :) As opposed to LED jammers, they're more efficient but do require accurate leveling.

I never said it didnt :roll:

SmaartAasSaabr
02-01-2006, 03:16 PM
ferraris are actually well known for finishing the gumball! There are some competitors that have taken their ferrari on multiple rally's and they finished everyone. The car of choice is usually a Porche 911

http://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/album141/DSCN2942.sized.jpghttp://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/album141/IMGP0750.sized.jpghttp://www.saabphotos.com/gallery/albums/SAAB-pictures/IMAG0016.sized.jpg

o2bad455
02-01-2006, 03:27 PM

Yes, but I believe that they were extremely well-financed, in at least one case having an airplane as support to carry spares. If enough people run them, I suppose some are bound to finish :wink:

o2bad455
02-01-2006, 03:29 PM
keep an eye for the upcoming diode jammers...they are a hell of alot better at jamming than the old LED jammers

... (o2bad455 said "Lidatek has always used Laser diodes") ...

I never said it didnt :roll:

True, but you didn't say it did either :roll: :wink:

bogey
02-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the board! Get rid of that "JAMMER" you can JAM it up the A$$ of the person that sold it to you. :D

Due to my business I travel alot and now I am in Lithuania (Eastern Europe.) The cops in the Baltic States: Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania use LASER like crazy! So that will be your biggest concern in this part of the world.

It is legal to OWN a RD here but you can not use it. So use your V1 concealed display if you have it.

p.s The GIRLS here are....... :oops:

bogey

raresvx
02-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi Guys,

If you have the money for a scorpion buy it. Make sure you get the xp version with ka.

Beeej259
02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I guess if money isn't an option, the Scorpion would be a decent tool to use. Just remember that if you get caught with it, you are going to be given a ton of charges like Interfering with Police Radar, Interfering with the duty of an officer, possession of a jammer, speeding/wreckless driving, and anything else the cop can think of. It is possible to get thrown in jail for a jammer as well as a huge (in the 1000's) fine.

I remember reading that the Scorpion only jams KA around 50%, so I wouldn't bank on it. I would run a 3.826 V1, blinder m40, veil, laser shield, CB and scanner. The personal radios for other drivers is a good idea too.

Also, try and stay with the leaders, because the cops will set up traps after the first couple packs go by.

o2bad455
02-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I will be racing through Eastern Europe, China, and also the western US.

I was in China not too long ago. Limits are unenforced where they should be enforced (near cities, like where our cabbie went backwards around a busy traffic circle at 90 mph to save 270 degrees), but enforced where they shouldn't be (open roads). If you're going to go fast where the limits ARE enforced, you better know someone in local government (or at least be driving a black tinted VW product, although it's called something else there).

Mackid343
02-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Would there be any benifit of running the Lidatek LE-30 in addition to the Blinder. Being there could be any combination of laser speed traps in the different countries, it would appear that this combo would offer a little bit more protection since the Lidak uses laser diodes instead of LED's

be careful with the LE-30's. they have a 5 second jam timer so unless you can get from 150mph (or whatever insane speed your at :)) down to a legal speed in 5 seconds, you'll be SOL :D . if i were you, i'd get into contact with someone here on the board that could get you the new laserdefender (used to be the antilaser). the prototypes had JTG on everything. assuming the production version is the same, that would give you a lot better protection.
just my two cents :D

Also, try and stay with the leaders, because the cops will set up traps after the first couple packs go by.
agreed!

o2bad455
02-02-2006, 07:06 AM
LE-30's. they have a 5 second jam timer

Other timer options are available from Lidatek on request (at least that's the way it was with the LE-20).

Mackid343
02-03-2006, 03:06 PM
LE-30's. they have a 5 second jam timer

Other timer options are available from Lidatek on request (at least that's the way it was with the LE-20).

interesting...i was told with the le-30's that its just 5 seconds

ReadyRadar
05-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I wonder how its going.... only 3 days or so of race left!

crazyVOLVOrob
05-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I wonder how its going.... only 3 days or so of race left!It's not a race it's a rally :lol:

crazyVOLVOrob
05-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Well the most prepared car in the 2006 gumball with counter measures is the Torquenstein Ford GT
Here is a run down of what it has.
-CB
-Scanner
-Valentine One euro mode
-Bel STI Driver radar detector - Completely RDD invisible
-M40 Laser Jammer (front)
-M20 Laser jammer (Rear)
-Lidatek LE30 laser Jammer Front/Rear
-VF2 Photo Jammer (Rear license plate)
-Rear camera
-MIRT system (Non-U.S. use only)
-Front High Intensity LED Lights (Traffic clearing in cities)
-Garmin 2620 GPS
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alex Roy say not many gumballers are prepared for the american leg and will result in huge fines/tickets...Alex is also not in his M5 but a Bentley Continetal GT modified containing many things from the M5

Check out the interior
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2322000-2322999/2322036_10_full.jpg

madmmac
05-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Hire a pilot to fly ahead of you during the daylight hours....You should be then able to fly also...heh...heh...heh.

carlito
05-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Well the most prepared car in the 2006 gumball with counter measures is the Torquenstein Ford GT
Here is a run down of what it has.
-CB
-Scanner
-Valentine One euro mode
-Bel STI Driver radar detector - Completely RDD invisible
-M40 Laser Jammer (front)
-M20 Laser jammer (Rear)
-Lidatek LE30 laser Jammer Front/Rear
-VF2 Photo Jammer (Rear license plate)
-Rear camera
-MIRT system (Non-U.S. use only)
-Front High Intensity LED Lights (Traffic clearing in cities)
-Garmin 2620 GPS
---------------------------------------------------------------
Alex Roy say not many gumballers are prepared for the american leg and will result in huge fines/tickets...Alex is also not in his M5 but a Bentley Continetal GT modified containing many things from the M5

Check out the interior
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2322000-2322999/2322036_10_full.jpg very nice but you know at very high triple digts speeds the cops will pull you over no matter what you have in you car. they f with u and also take or might to jail for a few hours :lol: all i want is a bad as laser jammer front and rear protected and v1 cb scanner mirt and vft photo jammer thats it in my opion.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Apparanently a Lamborgini's CB antenna ripped off at 200+mph

The Rally is now in the Salt lake city Utah and I must say they are all screwed ticket wise unless they go the speed limit

carlito
05-05-2006, 10:28 PM
s man probl because the cb antenna was not mounted right for those types of speeds but it can be done most will have a antenna inside bulit them also i have testted my wilson 1000 at like a little over 160 mag mount does not move at all but this does not apply to good for fiberglass cars. only real pure metal parts where it tags good CarzyVroB.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-05-2006, 10:35 PM
s man probl because the cb antenna was not mounted right for those types of speeds but it can be done most will have a antenna inside bulit them also i have testted my wilson 1000 at like a little over 160 mag mount does not move at all but this does not apply to good for fiberglass cars. only real pure metal parts where it tags good CarzyVroB.I believe this antenna was permanently mounted. I have heard of some gumballers with permanently mounted antenna's on their exoctics

carlito
05-05-2006, 11:02 PM
s man probl because the cb antenna was not mounted right for those types of speeds but it can be done most will have a antenna inside bulit them also i have testted my wilson 1000 at like a little over 160 mag mount does not move at all but this does not apply to good for fiberglass cars. only real pure metal parts where it tags good CarzyVroB.I believe this antenna was permanently mounted. (:shock:) . I have heard of some gumballers with permanently mounted antenna's on their exocticsya its cool its the best choice for them exoctics car owners to permanently mount them antennas :wink: are you going to ralley up this year ? :) :P

crazyVOLVOrob
05-05-2006, 11:08 PM
s man probl because the cb antenna was not mounted right for those types of speeds but it can be done most will have a antenna inside bulit them also i have testted my wilson 1000 at like a little over 160 mag mount does not move at all but this does not apply to good for fiberglass cars. only real pure metal parts where it tags good CarzyVroB.I believe this antenna was permanently mounted. (:shock:) . I have heard of some gumballers with permanently mounted antenna's on their exocticsya its cool its the best choice for them exoctics car owners to permanently mount them antennas :wink: are you going to ralley up this year ? :) :PNope saving money for more car modications as well as a winter trip to Vail to snowboard with my buddies. I am hoping to go on the 2007 AKA rally or definitely the 2008. I just got to find someone as crazy as me and that i can trust driving my car/ Or that i can put up with.

AKA rally is the only rally I think i could afford currently. Also I would like to touch up my paint and then look for sponsors as my car will be shown alot and possibly be driven accross country.

I really want the AKA to get alot of media coverage cause the more the better now if sponsors see the possiblilities I will get more of a discount for parts

DogGod
05-06-2006, 09:34 PM
how much do these rallys cost, i though i read a while ago that the players run was an entry fee of 11g. does that include lodging and all that fun stuff. i would LOVE to go on one riding along or driving.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-06-2006, 10:37 PM
how much do these rallys cost, i though i read a while ago that the players run was an entry fee of 11g. does that include lodging and all that fun stuff. i would LOVE to go on one riding along or driving.Most are $10,000+ The Gumball this year is around $35-40,000.

The cheapest is the AKA rally @ $3,000

The cost of most rallies includes a bunch of free gear from sponsors, lodging, food, parties, activities etc.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Search the Gumball 3000 on yahoo, some of the cars have their own website.

Here are some links that you might want to look at to different rallys and some rally videos
http://akarally.com/
3k buy in, NOT ACTUALLY LIKE THE WAY MTV PROTRAYED IT!!!!!!
http://www.gumball3000.com/
Gumball 10k buy in
http://www.playersrun.com/
need to have something speical or be someone special
http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/
10k buy in
http://www.cannonballrally.com/index.html
$7.5k entry fee
---------------------------------------------
SOME PICs & VIDEO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.kimble.org/gumball3000/

http://www.gumball144.com/indexEnglish.html

http://www.tremek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3373&highlight=gumball+3000+videos
^2004 Video coverage of the Gumball(you might need a DivX codec: http://www.divx.com/divx/download/)

http://www.antandpete.co.uk/
^Second place finisher of Gumball 2004, in a BWM deisel 3 series (not just any deisel, 0-60 in 5.9sec

\/ Movie documenting people getting accross the country in 32hours7minutes!!!!!\/ (watch the trailer)
http://www.32hours7minutes.com/
-------------------------------------------------
Here is a website constantly updating you on the Gumball play by play
http://www.gumball-3000.com/rally/

savior
05-29-2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.newenglandrally.com/

$500

3 days, 1500 miles

MerkXRTurbo
05-30-2006, 06:34 AM
I'd really like to know what he was driving. :x

crazyVOLVOrob
05-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I'd really like to know what he was driving. :xWho? Chances are I know!!!! I email with some participants frequently

I am planning about doing the New England Rally looking for a co-driver. most likely it will be one of my fraternity brothers that i can trust driving my car but towards the start of it i might get desprite but you better believe that I better believe I will have to trust my co-driver with my car. I think at this poin my co-driver might only drive one part of the rally, most likely the first part. And I will have quite a watchful eye on my co-driver, I sleep with my eyes open :lol:

MerkXRTurbo
05-31-2006, 06:21 AM
I'd really like to know what he was driving. :xWho? Chances are I know!!!! I email with some participants frequently.

The starter of this thread. He had origionally said, but then he edited it out and I missed it.

crazyVOLVOrob
05-31-2006, 09:28 AM
I'd really like to know what he was driving. :xWho? Chances are I know!!!! I email with some participants frequently.

The starter of this thread. He had origionally said, but then he edited it out and I missed it.It would be a good bet to say a Porche or ferrari they hold the majority of gumball cars

MerkXRTurbo
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM

He said that it was a rear engine (I assume he means mid-engine). This could easily be a Ferrari.

f_399
05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
isnt it a reborn ford exotic :wink:

MerkXRTurbo
05-31-2006, 11:21 AM
isnt it a reborn ford exotic :wink:

That's also a possibility... although I don't know if I'd compare the angularness of it's hood to a lambo. :?

SmaartAasSaabr
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
I dunno, if someone told me rear-engine I'd probably think the engine would be rear-mounted :wink:

MerkXRTurbo
05-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Can you name a car with a rear mounted engine besides a Porsche 911 or a Jokeswagon Beetle?

And a Porsche 912 doesn't count. :P

SmaartAasSaabr
05-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Can you name a car with a rear mounted engine besides a Porsche 911 or a Jokeswagon Beetle?

And a Porsche 912 doesn't count. :P

Porsche 356 :wink: :wink:

Chevy Corvair

Skodas from the mid 1960's to the late 1980's

Renault Dauphine (IIRC), Renault R8, Renault Alpine A310 (now there's a fun car)

Oh yes the Jokeswagon 411/412 (those ugly POS), Square/Fastback, Microbus, Vanagon (what a name)

8)

crazyVOLVOrob
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
I dunno, if someone told me rear-engine I'd probably think the engine would be rear-mounted :wink:IE Porsche

MerkXRTurbo
06-01-2006, 05:59 AM
What I was attempting to demonstrate (and I think I did that quite well) was that "exotics" with a rear mounted engine are few and far between, while mid engines are very plentiful in the exotic car world.