PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to discuss jammer designs ?

lesdit
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Perhaps this is a sensitive topic, as I sense some people have turf to protect here, but I was wondering if some of you would like to discuss some of the internal workings of some of the jammers out there? ( micro-controller code, hardware , etc )
I work in the entertainment industry, specifically in image processing, but like tinkering in things like this for fun.
I do have some ideas that would make all of the current jammers out there not be able to hide the fact that there is a jam attempt, but I honestly think that the gun companies don't care, as the number of jammers is use is very low ( in the noise ;) )
I do live in CA, so I am concerned with stealthiness, for example.

lesdit
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Over 100 views of this thread, but not a peep.
I guess this is the wrong place to do this, or the viewers are mainly clerks and cashiers wth plastic.

aa2033
02-01-2011, 10:47 AM

unmamfqlm
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
haha, you missed all the posts that got deleted.

Mhmm, this thread caused a few issues for some people.

lesdit
02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Why is that ?
No free talk permitted ?

category4
02-01-2011, 04:08 PM
No one in the know of jammer design is going to discuss them in an open forum.

yellowcab
02-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Why is that ?
No free talk permitted ?

We are open to discussing Laser gun internals and laser gun software.

lesdit
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
OK, so you want me to discuss some neat ways the gun could work it's signal processing so that it would always show when it is being jammed ? ;)
hint: forget about using a look up table for the gun in a jammer.
Naaa, I don't think that would be a good idea either !

Why is that ?
No free talk permitted ?

We are open to discussing Laser gun internals and laser gun software.

yellowcab
02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Ok lesdit, who do you work for?

lesdit
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok lesdit, who do you work for?

haha, I knew that question was out there! I do not work for any company that has anything to do with laser guns, jammers, or any other ECM type stuff.
I work in the film post production arena. I am a very capable engineer, I have two academy awards to that effect.
I am not the slightest bit interested in the commercial aspects of the jammer market. I would, however be likely to implement some of my on ideas for my own use.
I am used to driving a Honda Hybrid, but now own a '07 Z06 Vette, and am looking to protect my ass from the California money grabbing police state ;)

yellowcab
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, laser jammers are illegal in CA, so I wouldn't use one there. Just bring your academy awards with you and hope that when you are pulled over they get you out of a ticket. I know a number of people in the industry that have won Emmys, golden globes and oscars. In fact two of them who have won Oscars I went to college with.

Now go do your research and see if you can figure out who?

lesdit
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Not interested in who.

In CA, you have to shut off jammer within 4 seconds to avoid problems.

Stealth Stalker
02-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Why is that ?
No free talk permitted ?
Trust me. None of those replies had anything you wanted to hear. But if you're a glutton for punishment, I'd be happy to send them to you. The posters were banned for attacking you, if that tells you anything. If you want to sit here and question the integrity of the forum, you can join them.

category4
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Didn't one of the makers of the first police lidar gun win an Oscar or Emmy or something similar for use of laser in entertainment?

lesdit
02-01-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear they were attacking me. If you don't mind, I would like to see what was said, I have a thick skin. PM me.
America, unlike many other places, puts freedom of speech and information high on the list of values. If people are worried about protecting trade secrets, then they should file patents as others have done. I find the patents an interesting read, forum readers may want to start with patent # 6833910 . It cites some others that are of interest as well. So the cats out of the bag anyways, so to speak.
I was hoping to learn something new, and perhaps add some new features or techniques to improve the art. Snoopy vendors might latch onto some ideas as well, improving products for all participants. Hobbyists like me might like to try some ideas as well.
Down with the technical Taliban ;)

Why is that ?
No free talk permitted ?
Trust me. None of those replies had anything you wanted to hear. But if you're a glutton for punishment, I'd be happy to send them to you. The posters were banned for attacking you, if that tells you anything. If you want to sit here and question the integrity of the forum, you can join them.

lesdit
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Lidar scanners were used in a Radiohead video, to scan a scene for 3d info, maybe something to do with that.
Just a guess.

Didn't one of the makers of the first police lidar gun win an Oscar or Emmy or something similar for use of laser in entertainment?