PDA

View Full Version : Laser emitted from ProLaser III Visible????!? GOL any input?

Cbr
02-04-2006, 12:43 AM
What an interesting night, So I'm on my way home at around 11:30pm tonight, i proceed through a small neighborhood intesection i pass by everyday, as i am driving, I hear my Blinder start beepin shortly followed by my Rx65 alerting, I look around and i see what appears to be a faint white light coming from the side of the road behind a white ford F-150, as i get closer, my headlights illuminate a group of officers in their reflective vests, there were 8-10 of them, it was unbelievable, I guess what they had done was parked an Unmarked ford F-150 on the side of the road so they could hide behind it with their reflective vests, I must have just passed by as they setup, So naturally It makes me curious, :idea: so I make a uturn to find out what type of gun they were using( it was dark and I could not see what they were using on the first pass), So as i begin to make my second pass, my blinders begin to sound again and about 700 ft down the road i see the same small spot of white light, I see the white light coming from exactly where the LEO was holding the gun, as i get closer, I see the white light turn off and right back on quickly (the LEO must have tried to target my car multiple times), So as I pass him, I confirm that it is the Kustom ProLaser III, This time as i pass by, I see the officer stare at me (I'm assuming I upset him by JTGing his brand new laser :lol: , as you all know the ProLaser is quite easy to jam), So I make another u-turn to make my final pass to confirm my sighting of the ProLaserIII, so I wait a little for some cars to pass and watch as they pull over car after car, So i go in for my final pass and this time, I see 2 white spots of light come on pointed straight at me, as I approach I see them triggering the gun (Light goes out and comes back on), this is where it gets interesting, One of the officer's shooting the gun walks out infront of me and signals me to pull over, I'm thinkin to myself, "oh sht what did i get myself into" :shock: , the officer approaches my window staring at the RX65, he continues to question me as to what the object in my windshield was and what i was doing making all the u-turns, I tell him that i am lost and it is just merely a radar detector and offer to let him see it, He acknowledges and I give him the Bel, He looks it over with a puzzled look on his face all while I am visially inspecting his PL3 in his hand, He then proceeds to ask a couple of his co-workers if they have ever seen it before, so eventually he gives me back the detector, and tells me I am free to go, I thank him and proceed on my way back home, As I pull out to leave, the RX65 gives me a laser alert

What an crazy night, So my question is, was I just seeing something, or is the laser emitted from the PL3 actually visible at night? Has anyone with experience (GOL?) with the gun ever noticed the light is visible?

This whole experience has me somewhat relieved that the locals are shooting PL3, so my blinders should keep me safe, but what really made me uneasy is the fact that they were doing a major speed trap at 11:30pm on a small neighborhood street

Anyways, Sorry for the long post, I am just a little excited after being pulled over for havin the jammer

-Darren

2600-hotbird
02-04-2006, 07:14 AM
My guess is you are seeing your headlights reflected in the laser gun itself. If you look at a laser gun, you'll see the laser lenses have a highly reflective coating on them.

Suf Daddy
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
This IS a great theory.
I suspected that under certain conditions the beam would be scene, but I can't duplicate it without night vison and an active LCD screen either on your cell phone camera, Cam-corder, or digital (still) camera.

Since the RX and TX lenses are quite reflective and are on the businees end of the gun you look at , I'd suspect its the reflection of some other light source like your headlights, etc..........

-Suf Daddy

My guess is you are seeing your headlights reflected in the laser gun itself. If you look at a laser gun, you'll see the laser lenses have a highly reflective coating on them.

SmaartAasSaabr
02-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Reflection sounds like it but dayum turn off your blinders :)

brick
02-06-2006, 06:13 PM
If you pointed a LIDAR gun at your face in a pitch black room you might see a faint red light. (It works with LEDs, so who knows.) But I would never, ever, ever recommend that because you would probably do damage. "Eye safe" or not.

Either way it wouldn't be white so that wasn't what it was. I like the headlight theory.

ES13Raven
02-06-2006, 06:27 PM
I hear my Blinder start beepin shortly followed by my Rx65 alerting
That's a great story...

How does your RX65 do on Laser Detection?

Cbr
02-07-2006, 03:14 AM
How does your RX65 do on Laser Detection?

Ehh, Could be better, my V1 blows it away in laser detection, i would say 4/10 vs. V1 9/10