PDA

View Full Version : LI placement VW R32

vdub.:R
03-23-2011, 12:50 PM
I am ready to drop some money on a LI dual at least for my car. I've seen so much laser used by CHP in the last few months going up north from Los Angeles that I need some protection. I've attached photos of the front and rear of my car. I'm trying to decide placement and if/where I could place the rear head/s and if I really need to get a quad LI or if I should do a dual with a single to the rear. The back of my car is quite flat, so it could be a problem with just one head, but I've never been hit or seen CHP shooting to the rear.

I do not have a front plate or holder if it matters. I figured I'd get the front two somewhere in one of the three grille openings. Any help is appreciated, I'm not very knowledgeable with laser jammers!

Laser-InterceptorUSA
03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
See attached:

Cliff

SaltyinNJ
03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
One head is useless, even for the best which are LI's. Get a quad, put two up front, two in the back. There will be many here who will be able to help you with placement. The front should be easy. Contact raddarob, he has a similar car.

SaltyinNJ
03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Geez Cliff. Do u ever rest? To the OP, I forgot to mention LI USA's customer service is second to NONE, regardless of what industry.

radarrob
03-23-2011, 01:48 PM
try this setup on a vw

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/laser-jammers-general/67975-east-coast-countermeasure-installer-6.html

03-23-2011, 06:50 PM
See attached:

Cliff

That's what I'll end up doing to the front. But to the rear, how obvious is that going to be to LE? My car is gray, and won't I need to drill holes into the body? Ouch..

One head is useless, even for the best which are LI's. Get a quad, put two up front, two in the back. There will be many here who will be able to help you with placement. The front should be easy. Contact raddarob, he has a similar car.

I don't know if I prepared to put down money on a quad. I might just do a dual and add another 2 to the rear when I have the $.

try this setup on a vw

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/laser-jammers-general/67975-east-coast-countermeasure-installer-6.html

Perfect, thanks.

radarrob
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
welcome.

Riptide
03-24-2011, 06:52 AM
See attached:

Cliff

That's what I'll end up doing to the front. But to the rear, how obvious is that going to be to LE? My car is gray, and won't I need to drill holes into the body? Ouch..

I don't know if I prepared to put down money on a quad. I might just do a dual and add another 2 to the rear when I have the $.

try this setup on a vw

Perfect, thanks.

I have my rear like that and its actually less obvious than when there were two heads above the license plate. You don't have to drill holes either:
these are your friend

ZPrime
03-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Finally, another .:R guy realizes that the LI is > *. You're on Vortex, no? Your handle seems familiar.

03-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Just got my jammers, but couldn't spend the money on a quad set up. So who knows of any installers in the Los Angeles area?

03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Finally, another .:R guy realizes that the LI is > *. You're on Vortex, no? Your handle seems familiar.

might of been on once or twice to ask a few questions for my led tails but other than that no. I lurk most of the time and spend more time on golfmkv.com